LUSH Jumping Juniper solid

LUSH Jumping Juniper solid

3.9

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lavender Decoction (Lavendula hybrida), Rosemary Decoction (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, D&C Violet No. 2.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This amazing. My hair is thin, fine, curly but oily scalp & this really removes the gunk like e.g. lush sea salt spray & sebum; hair products etc I only wash my hair once every 4-5 days. I use The Plumps or Veganese conditioners w it. It smells good! I store it on a plastic plate until it dries in 24 hours then it goes into a baggie. It's cruelty free which i love & the price is right. #winning

on 8/29/2016 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm now on my fourth one of this, it's been a lifesaver for me. I have quite a sensitive scalp, I can't use anything with perfume in it, and my hair easily damages. My hair also gets oily pretty quickly, and this shampoo really helps reduce the oil production, without making my hair and scalp feel like a desert.

It smells incredible, lasts for about three months, and the price is good (I don't think it's overpriced at all, as many people usually complain about when it comes to lush products) it is completely fresh, handmade, natural, and cruelty free, so it's worth the money for my part at least. Would definitely recommend this if you have a sensitive scalp and looking for a good cruelty free brand and product.

on 2/1/2016 10:49:00 AM

The first solid shampoo I tried from lush was montalbano, and it's the best shampoo I've ever tried, it's amazing, I was so impressed that I wanted to try jumping juniper because my hair is soooo greasy, so I gave it a go.
I was highly dissappointed. It didn't felt as squeaky clean as montalbano, it dried my ends like crazy, even tho I used conditioner, BUT the worst thing is that my hair have never, NEVER, been this greasy, like I washed my hair in the morning, and it was greasy in the afternoon, I really regret buying this product. I'll stick to montalbano, because that one is perfection, leaves my hair silky soft, shiny, and perfectly clean.

on 7/15/2015 9:34:00 PM

I love Lush products! In fact I would even repurchase some things from Lush that are overpriced yet only give satisfactory results just because I am loyal to Lush!

My scalp is I think normal. Not super greasy but my hair gets greasy after a day of getting my hair washed. Which I think is why it is a mistake that I purchased Jumping Juniper.

Jumping Juniper is super clarifying and can really dry your scalp. I think this product is really good if ONLY you have super greasy scalps. I have normal scalp and used this product and it made my scalp dry and flake! And for the scent, I bought Jumping Juniper for its smell and I know that Lush is well known because of its scent and I expected for this product's scent to linger on my hair but it didn't have that staying power that I have expected.

on 5/5/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have a very oily hair and during the first week this shampoo worked very well. After this, my hair started to get oily again. I love the Lush philosophy about natural ingredients, but this shampoo did not work for me.

on 5/3/2015 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm torn with this product. I had high hopes, since most other Lush products I've tried do what they say. This bar cleans hair really well- but maybe too well. My hair feels squeaky clean, which some may like but I almost feel like it strips my hair too much. Then I'll wake up the next day and my roots aren't super clean, as if my roots have produced more oil to compensate for the stripping.
The fact that it's a bar is a pain- you need to buy a container for it, and it's trickier to use.

on 2/15/2015 6:39:00 AM

My hair is a mess. I have limp dry hair but my roots will get greasy if I don't wash my hair daily. I use WEN and now I can go two days without washing my hair but it still can get greasy at the roots. I was at a Lush store about a month ago and one of the sales associates recommended this shampoo bar to me. I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised how well this works for me. Do not be afraid of shampoo bars like I was. They are easy to use and they last forever. This would be great to travel with because it's so portable. The Jumping Juniper smells like citrus, it's very clean smelling. It cleaned my hair but didn't strip it like other deep cleaning shampoos can. It lathers like crazy so you don't need much. I just got my hair wet, rubbed the bar across the top of my head and few times and then worked the lather throughout my hair. I used my WEN after and I noticed my hair felt cleaner and was easier to style because it wasn't as weighed down as usual. I want to try other shampoo bars now.

on 2/3/2015 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very greasy hair, always have and unfortunately my hair had a shelf life of 12 hours.. I'd spent ridiculous amounts of money on salon shampoos "made" for oily scalps like mine. They would only make my hair clean for less then 12 hours. After that, it was oil city.

I'm really glad I found jumping juniper. It is a clarifying shampoo so I use it in every SECOND wash.. I think that's why so many of you are mentioning that it dries out your scalp,it clarifies.. but it is a very strong clarifying shampoo at that. JJ prevents build up and it rids my hair of any excess oil or residue from other products. It lathers up nicely and I love the smell.

I do also like the idea of a shampoo bar.. it takes up less space in my bathroom and it lasts a very long time.

on 7/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

I have extremely greasy hair!! To the point where I sometimes have to wash my hair twice a day to keep it at bay. When I heard some good reviews about Jumping Juniper, I rushed to Lush to buy it. At around 5 a bar, for what the assistant said would be 80 washes, the price seemed amazing!

I got this bar home, and the first wash was great! It left my hair shiny and clean with a light feel, however it did take a while to lather up. On the second day, my hair was a tiny bit greasy, but not as greasy as usual- so I was happy! I used some of the No Drought Lush dry shampoo, which I was told would help the grease, but it didn't really make much difference. On the third day, when I came to wash my hair with it again, I could feel my scalp starting to itch. When I dried my hair this time, I noticed that my whole scalp was flaking with dandruff and I had to go to work with my hair in a state!!

I'm going to have to stop using this bar and hope that I can finally find a solution to my oily hair that doesn't dry my scalp out!

on 7/2/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So i LOVE the jumping juniper (purple one with lavender smell) and thought this one gives my curls more glow and smells delicious. But it made my scalp shed like crazy and itches horrible. I don't know what I do wrong since it has an average rating from 80%.