MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

Love this shade. Perfect pick me up to my pale skin and as long as you apply balm first it wears comfortably. I don't know my mac foundation shade but I'm normally ivory or warm ivory in other high end brands if that helps.

on 8/22/2018 9:37:00 PM

I loooove this lipstick! It is is so subtle and so sexy, it is really worthy of it's name! This suits my skin very well, it does wonders for fair skinned people with warm undertones. The fact it is a soft nude makes it possible to wear with crazy colored eyeshadows without looking like drag queen.

lovely pinky nude color. it is a matte formula, so the wear time is very good but at the same time it is a little on the dry side and can exaggerate any lines or dry parts. pairs very well with many glosses.

on 5/28/2018 8:44:00 PM

Oh, MAC. During the mid to late 2000s, they were like the most coveted brand for us baby make-up junkies. I'd scrape and save for months just to get my hands on their stuff - this was one of the first things I bought after having it on my wishlist for the longest time. Sadly a lot of their other stuff wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped, but this really was. Good matte lipsticks were difficult to find back in the day, and even mediocre ones in the drugstore were few and far between because everyone wanted glossy lips, which I really didn't suit. I loved this so much that for some time, it was the only lipstick I wore.

I am quite fair, around NW10, neutral-cool undertones. It's too dark on me to be a true nude lip color, but it is perfect as a "my lips but better" kind of shade. It is a dusky coral rose colour with wonderful payoff, goes on creamy and opaque and the colour of the bullet is the colour it appears on your lips. It's not as moisturising as the other formulas like satin and amplified cream, but isn't uncomfortable or too drying, either. It doesn't have the same sort of staying power that some matte liquid lipsticks have when eating and drinking, but it's no trouble at all to reapply, it has a thick velvety cream kind of texture and doesn't bleed or smudge so a quick swipe after eating is all you need. I also don't need to use lip liner to keep it in place, even on hot summer days when I'm even more of an oil slick than usual.

Not using a lip liner and sticking to my own natural lip line is perfect for that natural MLBB look, using a lip liner just slightly above the natural line on the cupid's bow gives a more dramatic look for the evening. I bought this for the first time in my teens and still love it now, must be one of the few items where I managed to bring back the six empty MAC cases for a free gift LOL

I'm not keen on the perfumed vanilla-y scent in this but thankfully it's not really detectable once you're wearing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourite lipsticks ever from MAC. Definitely worthy of a top 5 spot. Soft, yet lasts a good amount of time of my lips, with or without liner. Love this shade so much, saw it on someone online and had it on my wishlist within minutes. The colour is beautiful. A little drying if worn too often, but as long as you invest in a good lip moisturizer i don't think it'd be a bid issue. Love how is has aspects of both brown/nude and coral in it.

on 3/8/2018 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is amazing! On my NC25-30 complexion, Kinda Sexy borders on a nude but not quite. It's the perfect soft vintage peach that I imagine would suit a lot of skin tones. The colour really brightens up my face, especially when I'm feeling dull and sallow - it's the perfect pick-me-up. Sometimes I want Kinda Sexy to be a true peachy nude, so to make it lighter I add on a bit of Fleshpot, blend with my finger, and I'm good to go.

This is the first Matte lipstick I've tried from MAC so I can't comment on how this particular shade fares in comparison to others of the same finish. What I do know is that it's incredibly long-lasting - of course, all lipsticks that aren't stains or matte liquid lipsticks have to be reapplied after a meal, but this holds up fine through light refreshments.

Does leave that annoying white residue at the innermost part of your lips, but I don't think that's a problem specific to this lipstick. It's also easy for this lippy to look caked on or as if it's settled into the lines of your lips, but what I do to remedy this is blend the lipstick in with my finger all over after a light application from the bullet, whether or not I've mixed it with another colour, making sure to blend the edges/liplines, too. This just makes everything look a little less harsh. Application is best this way - you can intensify the pigment layer by thin layer rather than packing on the colour all at once.

I wear Kinda Sexy pretty much every day. Love it and hope it's never discontinued.

on 1/21/2018 4:34:00 PM

One of my favorite pinky nude MAC lipsticks.. I'm NW25, very neutral, lite brown/reddish hair, brn eyes, and this is very flattering. I didn't think it would look great on me, I do prefer mauve shades in mid tone to darker colors, but stick to peachy nudes when I wear a lighter color..so this was a chance that paid off, and isn't too pink on me. I'm not big on matte lippies, but this one is comfortable enough..MAC and UD make the best non drug store lipsticks in my opinion, and I have tons of each, and will keep purchasing! Definitely recommend.

on 12/21/2017 6:49:00 PM

Kinda Sexy is one of my favourite nude MAC lipsticks. It is one I wear to work often as it adds some colour to my face and warms up my complexion while making me look put together but not over-done. Kinda Sexy is a peachy-coral nude shade, which looks particularly fantastic against many different complexions. It looks particularly nice when I have a strong suntan (bringing me from NC15 to NW20 complexion). It has a matte finish which is comfortable to wear. I don’t find it drying but it does not provide any hydration at all. It doesn’t bleed or sink into lip lines. It applies easily without needing to tug the lips. It has excellent staying power and lasts through eating and drinking - I have worn this through many 10 hours shifts! It is a reliable and nude that every neutral-warm toned person should have in their lipstick wardrobe! Definitely one of my top MAC picks!

on 12/19/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the more comfortable matte lipsticks I've used. The color is almost too bright for me, but good with the right makeup. It goes on smooth and I don't need a lip liner. It will last through a few drinks, but after that, I will need to reapply it. I didn't have much trouble reapplying a layer or 2 after a few hours. It does make my lips a little dry, but not too uncomfortable. I don't notice it emphasizes my lip lines too much, but like most lipstick, it will show dry flaky lips. Overall, it's a good everyday shade and the price is decent. I would recommend it to those with warm skin tones.

on 11/8/2017 5:37:00 PM

I prefer velvet teddy better. This was way too orange on my skin. I am neutral fair nc 20 nw 20 skintone. I need to wear a lipliner with this lipstick to make it less orange. It pulls very peachy on me. Velvet teddy is more brown and just looks more suitable and less loud.