MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Kinda Sexy

4.1

on 5/4/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kinda Sexy is a pretty good lipstick, the salmon nude color doesn't wash me out and goes well with lots of different looks. Lasts a decent amount of time too. I'm not a big fan of the matte finish though since it can look uneven on the lips and does tend to dry them out if worn or reapplied often.
I wear it occasionally with smokey eyes over a thick layer of Reve de miel by Nuxe. Also prefer to dab it on instead if swiping since it provides plenty of pigment anyway and looks less thick/more even this way.
Beautiful lipstick but hardly a staple for me.

on 8/5/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to lip product and I reach for this when I can't decide what colour to use! It is a peachy pink on my lips which looks natural. A little bit drying though but lovely colour so I don't mind that, I just have to moisturise my lips really well. MAC lipsticks seem to increase in price every year, soooo naughty!

on 9/17/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had several tubes of this over the years. It's my all-time favorite Matte from the MAC line. I love nudes, but because I'm fair I have to be careful because some nudes don't work on light skin.

Kinda Sexy is a warm pink/peach/nude I adore. The last two or three Kinda Sexy lipsticks I actually got for free through the Back-to-MAC recycling program, but I purchased my first one. I prefer this color to Velvet Teddy, which is beautiful and I adore it, too, but it can be too brown sometimes for the look I want. Both suit my complexion but the peachiness of Kinda Sexy makes it a perfect daily shade for me. It's not as light as Myth, which just looks like concealer on my lips. The Mattes are not as moisturizing as their thinner, glossier textures such as Cremesheen lipstick, but the trade-off is that Mattes stay on longer, and if you do want more moisture, you can always top it with a gloss. Kinda Sexy has enough color that it's okay to skip lip liner if your pencil runs out or you're in a hurry. For years MAC Spice was my favorite liner to put with it, but you can play up the coral in it by using a peachier pencil (Charlotte Tilbury's Pink Venus). Nice n Spicey works with this, too; it's similar to Spice.

Lately I've been buying from Charlotte Tilbury instead of MAC because her lipsticks are similar to some of MAC's, and her brand is still new and independent and doesn't do animal testing. I hope she never gets swallowed up by a mega corporation. When Estee Lauder bought MAC, they destroyed some of the things I loved about it. After a decade of MAC Spice liner, I switched to Tilbury's Pillow Talk, which is a bit more pink and matches my lips perfectly. But I was a MAC girl for years and years and I still love many of the products.

If you're going to buy from MAC, Kinda Sexy is flattering on many light-to-medium complexions, and I've even seen this color work for deep skin tones (leaning pale rosy peach on darker skin). It's definitely worth a look. One of my top five favorite shades from this brand. My ideal matte shade.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

Love this lipstick so much! It was the second lipstick I ever got from MAC and have been using it ever since, It's not nude to the fact where it's pale, it's kind of like a dark peachy colour, I don't really know how to explain, It lasts long on the lips too which is a plus. It's a matte finish so could make your lips a little dry if you don't use a balm before you apply it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this colour. Colour opacity is great! Super super long lasting. It's a peachy nude, and for my nc37 skin it doesn't wash me out at all. For a matte, not drying at all! I'm quite impressed. Short, sweet & to the point!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got mine after getting review here and there. I mean so many ladies and girls out there review it. I am typical person who prefer matte lipstick rather than any other lipstick finishing (glossy, stain, etc).

I am an asian in NW20-25 in MAC. this lipstick is what I really want from a nude lipstick for everyday use. It's peachy-pink on me. It glides easily on my lips, which I amaze. I think the formula will be drying and I need lip-balm before applying it. But it's no. It is just perfect. It is opaqua, pigmented.

for the 15 USD lipstick, i think this is worth every penny. Since I almost use it daily, I think i'll repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Omg I really really really love this lipstick, it's definitely my favorite nude lipstick ever! I'm a NC35 in MAC and this color looks great on my skin tone. I love the matte lipsticks it looks great and I don't know why but Kinda Sexy looks also a little moisturizing after you wore it over an hour! I really recommend this lipstick because I think it will look good on every skin tone!

on 7/1/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just bought this lipstick because I was very curious about it for a while now. When I went to the MAC counter, I swatched it on my skin along with the other nudes that I have, including Velvet Teddy, Half n Half, and Honeylove. Velvet Teddy is more brown and does not have a peach vibe to it at all. Half n Half is a slightly darker, pinker color than Honeylove and cream formula. Honeylove is the palest of all. Kinda Sexy is darker than half n half and honeylove and brighter than velvet teddy. It has a more peachy vibe to it. I asked my mom what she thought of it on my and she said "It's pretty. Very natural and pretty, and kinda sexy" lol. I LOVE the matte texture in the MAC collection - beautiful, sexy and actually hydrating. So, I am NC15/NW20 for reference.

on 5/21/2012 8:48:00 AM

i was looking for a matte but kinda orangey lipstick and my mac mua showed mi this. and i fell in love with it=) i can use it everyday espacially for work cause the color is so natural. its darker than freckletone but lighter than ravishing. its a little drying though but i put lip balm before using it. definately repurchase=)

on 9/13/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the formulation of this lippie, and while I really wanted to like this color I just wouldn't say that it works well on a fair-skinned/cool-toned gal such as myself. The color when swatched and on my lips appear like a pinkie watermelon color with a slight tinge of orange to it. It is a very bright bold watermelon-orange color and I believe the orange just clashes with my blue undertones. This color almost works, but almost just doesn't cut it in my book. If you are neutral coloring leaning toward warm, this color is probably more suited for you.