MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourite lipsticks ever from MAC. Definitely worthy of a top 5 spot. Non drying, soft, yet lasts a good amount of time of my lips, with or without liner. Love this shade so much, saw it on someone online and had it on my wishlist within minutes. The colour is beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have such conflicting feelings about this lipstick.
I absolutely LOVE the colour. For a redhead, peachy/corally nudes are the best colour for me to wear everyday without it washing out my pale skin. I think the colour is really unique and beautiful, and it's the kind that you can dress up or down for fancy or casual situations.
However, there are issues. The product is super drying. I find that it makes my lips dry and tough, it doesn't crack them, but that's because I always use a lip butter that I let set in before I use any MAC products. If you are going to wear this out, moisturise your lips first.
I also find that the lastability is pretty poor for MAC, especially as this product costs £15.50 in England, and there are only a few physical MAC stores in the larger cities for you to try this stuff out. The product gets chalky and pulls away from the edges of the lips, and so I find myself reapplying around every couple of hours.
If you're on the fence about trying it, there are plenty of great dupes out there to try first and not waste your money, but if you're a confident MAC customer and know how to deal with their matte lipsticks, you will enjoy this lipstick.

on 2/6/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty peachy nude - on my skin tone it's definitely orange and not pink. I love the matte formula: it's very long lasting and opaque. Not too drying in my opinion. Love it!
I'm N18-NC20 for the reference.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I seem to have had an awful time picking out MAC lipsticks that look good on me! I am blonde, blue-eyed and have pretty neutral skin that is fair-medium. This lipstick sucks the life right out of my face. It pulls completely nude (not pinky-nude, like my lip color, but just plain sand colored) on me, and washes me out pretty badly. Just a case of needing to try this in person and not just order it online. I did the same with MAC Please Me and it was also horrible on me. I've had better luck with MAC's Velvet Teddy and Plumful (I'm wearing Velvet Teddy in the only picture I have on my profile). This probably looks lovely on darker skinned ladies, or even lighter skinned ladies...I seem to be stuck too much in the middle for it.

on 7/4/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is HG for me. Its a pinky-rose matte lipstick, maybe it can be more suitable for summer but it's definitely my all time favorite.

on 4/22/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My third lipstick i ever got from MAC and i wear it almost everyday. I was looking for a nude lipstick at mac counter when i found kinda sexy. It's pinkish peach nude and matte, one of MLBB. Long lasting but you still need to reapply after eating. I don't think i'm gonna repurchase, but it's not because i'm not happy with it, simply because i wanna try other lipsticks from MAC.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i use this over the body shop's lip tint and maybelline lip balm to prep my lips. i love this shade so much!!!! suits me well. i thought this would wash me out but when i tried this on a mac counter i was sold! i am nc35 btw.

on 1/17/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness I LOVE THIS COLOR!
It's different from the other nudes. It's a peachy pink color with brown in it which gives it the nice nude look.
I find other nudes like Faux which are slightly pink end up looking mauve and muddy on my very warm toned complexion.
Other MAC nudes tend to be too pink, brown, or mauve on me
I use a C30 in the studio fix powder its a very yellow/slightly olive color.
This color is perfect!
It's my lip color but better :)
I LOVE the formula too. It's a matte which is one of my faves. I don't find it drying at all.
I prefer matte, satin or amplified formulas cause they are the most pigmented and can easily be sheered down or have a gloss over if you want a wash of color or even a glossy look. They're most versatile

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have naturally tan skin and this was a non flattering nude. It also looked very dry. I might have as well put foundation on my lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortunately ... I thought it could fit well on my fair skintone but it looks like I wear a brighter shade of concealer on my lips totally fail!