MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i like this lipstick - i dont love it, but i like it. On my tanned skin, it pulls slightly orangey, but its mostly just a nice pinky nude. I think I'd love it if i bought it in summer, its definitely more of a summer lipstick. For a matte it goes on well and its not too drying. For me anything up to £25 for a great quality lipstick is fine so this at £15.50 is fab. Has that gorgeous Mac vanilla smell as always.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was on the hunt to find the perfect nude lip and i believe i found it. I wear 3mac products ,stripdown lipliner ,kinda sexy and coincidence in macs lipglass. After adding the products i press my lips onto a tissue. The best i can describe the look it gives me is that natural pouty Keira knightly lip.
I love this combination, even my husband commented how sexy my lips looked :) i hope this helps anyone who is looking for a great natural lip.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The only reason I'm saying I wouldn't buy this lipstick again is that it's just too expensive, in my opinion. Kinda Sexy is a great name, and the product lives up to it. It's a neutral pink that's very easy to wear. When I got it, it was actually more brown than I was expecting. It looks great when you're wearing reds, greens, or going for a natural look. It's long-lasting, but a little drying. I have to wear lipgloss over it so the cracks in my lips don't show. For a higher-end lipstick, I expect the product itself to be good for my skin.

on 10/31/2011 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

it is a peachy nude, and uber matte so might be drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

kinda sexy is beautiful on my golden olive skin tone ....absolutely beautiful...it wears for hours....highly recommended! I like it with boldly bare lipliner

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This has never happened to me before. Not once, but twice I went into MAC, they recommended this lipstick. Twice I walked away. I actually got SandyB instead. I Then I decided I just couldn't live with the frost, returned it, and got Kinda Sexy instead. I never end up getting what the MAC ladies recommend for me! Ever!
The more I wear this lipstick the more I love it. Part of the reason I didn't want to buy it before was that I thought it was too dark and I don't like really dark lips. The other is I have NYX Frappacino and Revlon Mauve It Over, which are both extremely similar and way too dark. Swatched side by side, Mauve It Over is almost identical to Kinda Sexy, but the weird thing is they look different on the lips. Kinda Sexy is lighter and less brown. I tend to wear it with just a dot of lipgloss in the center of my lips to give it a little dimension. I'd say it's a warmer lipstick, but I wear really really warm lipsticks so this is more of a neutral one for me. I've worn it with everything. It gives me great color without being too bright and too dark. This is approaching HG for me. Between this and Shy Girl, I'm set. If you are a natural redhead, you have to try it!

on 12/10/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shows up as a peachy nude on my pigmented lips (NC20). I love the color and it's very pigmented. I was afraid of the Matte formula since I tried a friend's Ruby Woo and it was awfully drying. As long as I wear a lip balm with this (which I always do for l/s) it doesn't dry out my lips and lasts for hours before it needs reapplying. I like how it looks matte, but for nighttime I layer a peach gloss over it, like Revlon's Life's A Peach. It's one of my favorite combinations.

on 3/5/2010 7:14:00 PM

This is one of my HG lipsticks! I'm surprised to see people calling it peach as it pulls clearly pink on me. I'd call it a pinky nude. Very natural and just beautiful. This and Cherish are the only nude lipsticks I can get to work for me (Cherish being peachy and this one being pinky) I love the matte texture and don't find them drying at all. They last like nobody's business! This one just screams "give me a smokey eye to go with"! Perfect in every way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a very natural nude peachy beige colour. Definitely warm toned. Colour wise, it didn't look nice on me. Under certain lighting, there are some peachy orangey undertones that don't flatter my skin. At other times, it appears as a neutral earth toned colour with slight orangey undertones. Formula wise though, it is lasting and I can still see it on my lips even after a meal. However, it can be very drying. Not recommended for people with dry lips. But one can apply some lip balm before applying this lipstick or apply a lip gloss over it. That should help. I probably won't buy this again.

on 6/26/2008 8:06:00 PM

I just love this! After trying Velvet Teddy and finding it just too beige for me I decided to try Kinda Sexy. This is definitely not a nude on me but it's still light enough to be considered fairly neutral while at the same time having enough color to light up my face a bit. I am strongly warm (C2, NC25ish) and this works really well with my skintone. Even with my strawberry blonde hair it suits me well. I LOVE MAC matte formulation because it actually stays on my lips for more than 20 minutes which is a huge issue for me with most lipsticks. I am sure I will be reaching for this one a lot. From L to R MAC Cherish, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, Twig
continued >>