MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Kinda Sexy

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 8/22/2018 9:37:00 PM

I loooove this lipstick! It is is so subtle and so sexy, it is really worthy of it's name! This suits my skin very well, it does wonders for fair skinned people with warm undertones. The fact it is a soft nude makes it possible to wear with crazy colored eyeshadows without looking like drag queen.

on 3/8/2018 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is amazing! On my NC25-30 complexion, Kinda Sexy borders on a nude but not quite. It's the perfect soft vintage peach that I imagine would suit a lot of skin tones. The colour really brightens up my face, especially when I'm feeling dull and sallow - it's the perfect pick-me-up. Sometimes I want Kinda Sexy to be a true peachy nude, so to make it lighter I add on a bit of Fleshpot, blend with my finger, and I'm good to go.

This is the first Matte lipstick I've tried from MAC so I can't comment on how this particular shade fares in comparison to others of the same finish. What I do know is that it's incredibly long-lasting - of course, all lipsticks that aren't stains or matte liquid lipsticks have to be reapplied after a meal, but this holds up fine through light refreshments.

Does leave that annoying white residue at the innermost part of your lips, but I don't think that's a problem specific to this lipstick. It's also easy for this lippy to look caked on or as if it's settled into the lines of your lips, but what I do to remedy this is blend the lipstick in with my finger all over after a light application from the bullet, whether or not I've mixed it with another colour, making sure to blend the edges/liplines, too. This just makes everything look a little less harsh. Application is best this way - you can intensify the pigment layer by thin layer rather than packing on the colour all at once.

I wear Kinda Sexy pretty much every day. Love it and hope it's never discontinued.

on 12/19/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the more comfortable matte lipsticks I've used. The color is almost too bright for me, but good with the right makeup. It goes on smooth and I don't need a lip liner. It will last through a few drinks, but after that, I will need to reapply it. I didn't have much trouble reapplying a layer or 2 after a few hours. It does make my lips a little dry, but not too uncomfortable. I don't notice it emphasizes my lip lines too much, but like most lipstick, it will show dry flaky lips. Overall, it's a good everyday shade and the price is decent. I would recommend it to those with warm skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ultimate warm-toned nude, barely-there color that manages to pull a look together without overpowering the face. Depending on your skintone, this color can fall anywhere from YLBB to a pale nude.

On me, it is around the same color as my lips but a bit peachier. There isn't much pink in this, but it is playing around somewhere in there. I generally don't lean toward anything even veering toward orange with my lip colors, but this is a surprisingly natural look, and when I pair it with a neutral lipliner it deepens it a bit and tones down the peachiness somewhat.

Because it is matte, it goes on fully opaque and lasts a decent length of time. It is not drying on me, but for best results apply chapstick first. I think the price is fine for what you're getting, it is a good quality lipstick and wears well. Is it leaps and bounds better than the Revlon or Maybelline matte formulas? No, but it's still a good formula and if you happen to like the color and enjoy MAC, I would highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I absolutely love this shade. It's my perfect MLBB-ish nude. That is, when it's NOT on the verge of melting. I live in a humid country in Asia and we have terribly hot and sweaty summers. This lipstick could not hold it up last summer. I tried putting it in the fridge for 10, 20 minutes like I read online, and the lipstick was restored for a couple of days I guess, and then it started melting again. And it really wouldn't have been much of an issue for me if that was the only problem. When it's in that "sweating/melting" situation, it changes color! It's almost an orangey neon pink (which is NOT flattering on me), when it's normally a peachy browney pink on me. Now that we're in the colder months it's back to being its normal shade, but I know I wouldn't purchase another MAC lipstick because of this. 75% of the year is "summer" in my country.

on 3/2/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There are not many products that I do or will repurchase as I love trying out new products. Mac Kinda Sexy, is something that I will never be without again, and will continue to re purchase. I adore this shade, it pulls a peachy, warm pinky nude on me, darker than some nudes so it doesn't make me look washed out. I am MAC NC20/25 for reference. It is a rich creamy texture that does not dry out my lips. On a slight negative point, I do find it settles into the fine lines in my lips but nothing a gentle pat with my fingertip cannot sort out.
I highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

HG for sure!! My fav MAC lipstick that replaced Twig. I ordered a huge HAUL of MAC products for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale online.

It really is what I would compare to be an Angelina Jolie type of colored lipstick. It makes my lips look so plump and healthy...LOVE!! <3

on 11/19/2015 4:29:00 AM

My second shot at a Mac Matte.

Kinda Sexy is my kind of a vintage nude shade. It's a color that will remind you of Angelina Jolie & Keira Knightley. On me it's a coral nude with peachy-pink undertones. If Wet n Wild's Bare-it-all (my favorite skintone nude) & Just Peachy (a horrible semi-matte peach lippie that cakes on my lips) had a baby, this is it.

I love this lippie. It's a very versatile and flattering shade. You can sport this with an everyday natural look, a sweet look, a smoky eye look, a formal or elegant look. Looks fresh and it brightens up my face. Its matte texture adds to the prettiness of this lippie - I like it shine-free on my face.

Texture wise, as a matte - it's kinda high maintenance. You need to prep those lips by exfoliating and applying lipbalm to fix the issue of patchy lips. It's creamy and glides like butter, but a bit drying after a while. Never stopped me.

I just wish Mac will produce this in Amplified or Amplified Cream finish so I would love this one more.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The search is over.. This color really meets my expectation on nude-pink-not so bright on medium skin tones. Yes, this product is transferrable, while its not be a serious problem since this isnt liptint, quite long wearing, you need to retouch after 2 times eating a whole meal. Comparing with MUFE, this product is more pigmented

on 6/28/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I changed my mind. I love this lipstick. Made it work by pairing it with Jordanna retractable liner in brown suede. Works beautifully. I'm a Mac NC45 for reference