MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE Mac's Matte lipsticks- I find them incredibly comfortable, pigmented, long wearing and the variety of colours is insane. I bought this shade about a week ago along with Honey Love, and omg, i'm obsessed with them both! I bought these two shades because I wanted something a bit lighter (more of a natural nude) than Velvet Teddy, and something that was similar, but a matte version, of Blankety (amplified crème)- so I picked up Honey Love & Kinda Sexy. Honey Love is my absolute favourite now, it's a perfect nude for pale girls, and kinda sexy is also a gorgeous peach toned nude. I find that Mac's Matte formula lasts a good 3-4 hours (through eating and sipping on coffee) before it needs to be touched up in the centre.. however I'm happy to touch up my lipstick no matter what lipstick as long as it doesn't go flaky or gross. These lipsticks glide on like a dream everytime, they do dry down a little (LITTLE) bit, but you can easily reapply and it won't flake or look cakey or anything. As I was saying, I like reapplying as It helps keep my lips hydrated and it feels more comfortable (I've only recently really got into wearing lipstick on an everyday basis in the bpast 6-9months, so comfort is a big thing). I now have 5 little MAC lipsticks in my collection and they will be the first 5 of many to come! Highly recommend spending the $32AUD on these lipsticks.

My fave combo right now atm is MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick w MAC Soar lipliner. I saw it on a YT MAC video & I own them both so I had to try it even if Soar is a lot different than Kinda Sexy...soar is a dusty rose & Kinda Sexy is very beige pale peach but somehow it werks!! Use the Goss method of connecting ur Cupids Bow it makes ur lips def more than "kinda" sexy!! Some of my faves are this, Pure Zen, Peachstock, Myth, Angel, Freckletone, Hue... et al lipsticks or Fashion Scoop/Boy Bait Lipglasses some similar colors u may like if u like kinda sexy then Check them out! I love how this is fairly opaque & pale but not concealer lips. Not really a MLBB shade it's too peach for that, I can't imagine any1 having naturally colored lips exactly like Kinda Sexy. This begs for a liquid winged black eyeliner! Charlotte Tilbury has a nice feline flick YT video.... Kinda sexy is a Gr8 color! I'd repurchase but I have at least 100 MAC lippies & I like trying new colors/I want to actually use up something.

on 8/11/2014 9:05:00 PM

Reminiscent of MAC's Flattering from their 2010 Matteene (sp?) collection. LOVE! I line this with my Jordana Coco Loco to get a lovely nude lip. Perfect addition to my no makeup/makeup routine.

on 11/13/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am always on the hunt for a nude lip, whether it be a pinky nude or a true nude. after hearing about this color, I decided to buy it. It is only available at MAC Pro, so that was a little inconvienant for me since I had to drive across town, but I am a lipstick junkie so I had to do what I had to do. I am an NC42 with olive undertones.. I love it! It is great for a casual look and great with a smokey eye for a night time look as well.It does have a pink undertones to it which I really love because it doesn't wash me out or make my lips disappear. It is matte so for me it is a little drying. I do put balm underneath it.
This by far, is my favorite lipstick shade.

on 6/21/2013 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Great lipstick, lovely nudeish pink for the girls that find Hue, Myth, Creme D'Nude etc to be too light on their skintone. I'm NC25 and it's just right! The colour is somewhere between pink and beige, and you get opacity with one swipe. The mattes are my favourite finish from MAC apart from the amplified cremes and satins. As you would expect it lasts for ages (even more so with prep + prime lip as a base), and fades to a nice, even stain. Prep your lips with balm beforehand though.

I bought this solely based on reviews here. This is not a pink, it's a neutral nude. And as a matte, it's dry. I have to use a lip balm first as it's very dry. But the color is good, I needed to move away from pink after I colored my hair red, and this actually looks very good. It's a medium nude matte. Makes my lips look a little fuller, and doesn't battle with a smokey eye. A good staple in your ls wardrobe, but definitely NOT a pink.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Good solid packaging, gorgeous color on asian/darkers skins. It really is kinda sexy! I am not a fan of lipsticks and prefer lipstains and glosses, but this lipstick is such a pretty color and goes on easily without overly drying my lips. I use it with a bit of gloss over the top to add some shine-but that's just a personal preference, I'm not overly fond of matt lipsticks- I feel like they make your face look older and your lips smaller.

on 3/1/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I kinda love Kinda Sexy! It's my favorite lip color at the moment. I have pigmented lips and this is slightly brighter than my natural lip color, which is rosy-mauveish. My previous MLBB lip color was MAC Hug Me, but I realized it was leaning a bit brown on me so I started looking for a brighter MLBB shade. Kinda Sexy is a bit drying and accentuates dry lips due to the matte formula, so I wear lip balm underneath and top with NARS Chihuahua gloss on top. It's definitely less brown than Velvet Teddy and has some peach in it (but it's far from being salmon-y or orange). Compared to Brave, Brave is cooler and pinker.

on 10/5/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

it's a kinda pricey product but it's very sexy on nc40 skin tone , i loveeee this lipstick , the matte effect is veryy good

KINDA SEXY is my favoutire lipstick colour .

(I'm fair skin,black hair,brown eyes.)

I also love matte fomular because it can cover my lip colour (which is quite dark).

When I going to MAC counter I have try many colour and This is my favourite lipstick.

It's nude orange colour.

It look natural on my lip. You can wear it everyday.

you can view real colour of KINDA SEXY lipstick at