MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 10/1/2004 3:00:00 PM

I am LOVING this colour!.. "Kinda Sexy" is what i wanted "the girl next door" lipstick (which i found way too sheer) to be.. This is a beautiful neutral pink.. kinda like a dirty rose.. similar to twig but w/o the brown undertones! it the perfect YLBB colour.. It's a touch lighter than my lip colour.. so u can notice it on :) I never used to like matte lipsticks because i found them drying.. BUT this one is GREAT.. not drying and the colour payoff is awesome!!>. and since it's matte.. it doesn't kiss off on anything!!. would definitely rebuy!!

on 10/4/2004 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yey! I found a lippie I love. I was real excited when Love, Matte came out because I HATE shimmer or gloss on my lips. Kinda Sexy is a totally matte MLBB look. Very natural looking! The color is a bit lighter than my lips so it's not too dark or brown like most lippies tend to look on me. It's a real rosy pink. I will update if I notice it is too drying. UPDATE: I had to bring this down to 3 lippies because the formula is very drying.

on 1/18/2005 8:06:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It is a matte YLBB pinky-nude. I am not usually a huge fan of matte lipsticks but I thought I would give this a try when it came out w/ the new collection "Love, Matte." I am so glad I did! I often top it off w/ a little C-thru l/g if I am not in the mood for a matte look. It is not too drying either--quite creamy!

on 10/26/2005 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this lipstick! It's THE perfect MLBB shade for my NC20 coloring. At first I thought it would be too drying on my lips but that wasn't a problem at all. It's the only matte lipstick I've tried that hasn't dried out my lips.

I wanted a natural matte lipstick, and I had gotten Honeylove, but it was too beige for my lips. So then I found Kinda Sexy, and dabbing it on my fingers, then rubbing on my lips; it look really natural only better. I adore this lipstick, and if I ever run out, I will buy it again. I highly recommend it.

on 11/9/2005 4:13:00 PM

I love kinda sexy!!!very neutral rose, mouth color. my skin is NC15

Love, love, love this peachy-pink, which matches Subculture and Sublime Culture liners perfectly. Nice for a change from glossy lips, but extra-sexy with Underage lipglass. MAC does not test on animals.

Gunk gunk gunk! Too drying and after 3 hours it's more drying and it creates that ring of gunk around my lips. EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!! This l/s really broke my heart. I love the color, I even posted a review at epinions.com cuz I thought I found the perfect lipstick. I was wrong---SOO wrong!:(

on 1/25/2006 10:30:00 PM

DESCRIPTION OF ME - Hair is long, fine, naturally very curly, Bottle red-brunette...Medium Reddish Brown.

Eyes are blue-grey-green naturally.

Skin is medium-light NC25. Skin type is combination, prone to occasional sensitivity.

Personal style is *usually* classic/natural, drawn to pinks, browns, and golds. Perfumes normally preferred are classics...mostly spicy florals or orientals.

PACKAGING -
same as the other regular MAC lipsticks. black tube. cute and efficient.

COLOR -
Neutral pinky-rose (Matte)

TEXTURE -
Not too fond of the matte texture. very light, a bit too much slip, but at the same time, can be drying and gunky.

USAGE/APPLICATION -
With the matte lipsticks, it seems I *have* to apply a light layer of gloss or chapstick before applying, otherwise it gunks up and looks horrible on me.

However, when I do this just right; and apply the lipstick lightly, with a brush or my finger, it looks beautiful. Kinda Sexy is really lovely when mixed with a light spice liner and gloss OR with of corset! lipglass on top of it. It also looked really nice with just a drop or two of uberpeach chromeglass on top.

LASTING POWER -
When applied straight from the tube, gunk and all, it lasts for quite a long time, but some spots wear thinner than other due to the weird uneveness of the "slip" in the product. Average lasting power when used with a gloss or chapstick.

OVERALL/BUY AGAIN? -
I doubt I'll ever run out of this, and yeah... I reluctantly say that I'm glad I have this; but if I do run out, I probably wouldn't buy this one again. I hate saying that about a MAC product, as I am a huge fan of the line. But, well... the texture and drying tendency suck. You'd think I'd learn my lesson about buying MAC's matte formulas.
*sigh*

Anyways, the colour is nice by itself, but still a bit too light for my lips... which are apparently a lot more pigmented than I thought they were, as I seem to be having a helluva time finding my perfect nude.

I will say that this colour is gorgeous when mixed with the right liner or gloss.

All in all, this one is a great mixer, but not quite so fab on its own.

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This color makes me feel soooo pretty! I have red hair and I'm a NW 20 and this lipstick packs just the right amount of color for me. I use a lipgloss over the top to cut down on the dryness of the lipstick. I'd rather have it be too dry then have to reapply all day long. I wear chapstick to bed at night, so it's never a problem for me.