MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 11/8/2017 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I prefer velvet teddy better. This was way too orange on my skin. I am neutral fair nc 20 nw 20 skintone. I need to wear a lipliner with this lipstick to make it less orange. It pulls very peachy on me. Velvet teddy is more brown and just looks more suitable and less loud.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

kinda sexy will always have that special place in my heart
this is my first mac lipstick ever, because red lipstick and any darker lipstick is so intimidating for me back on those days
so i pick this one, the color is so pretty
i keep using this for every occasion for work, hanging out with friends, and others
i almost finish this lipstick, even tho there are tons dupe of this shade
i think i will keep buy this one from mac

Great color on my warm complexion. Looks good with NARS Orgasm gloss on top. Also like it with MAC Melba blush.

on 5/4/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kinda Sexy is a pretty good lipstick, the salmon nude color doesn't wash me out and goes well with lots of different looks. Lasts a decent amount of time too. I'm not a big fan of the matte finish though since it can look uneven on the lips and does tend to dry them out if worn or reapplied often.
I wear it occasionally with smokey eyes over a thick layer of Reve de miel by Nuxe. Also prefer to dab it on instead if swiping since it provides plenty of pigment anyway and looks less thick/more even this way.
Beautiful lipstick but hardly a staple for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay guys, this product isn't 100% perfect, but I will probably repurchase it until the day I die. This shade is a pinky-coral, and i swear to you guys this is the most flattering thing I have ever put on my face. I have a light, cool olive skin tone (C2), and this brightens up my face so much. It goes with literally any makeup look I decide to do, and I have to literally stop myself from putting it on every single day. The matte finish makes my lips look so plump and smooth. The only problem I have with this: it can be very drying, especially as the day goes on, but that's usually only an issue when my lips are being difficult. Overall, i 100% recommend this lipstick to everyone looking for a non-boring neutral lipstick.

on 10/2/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I adore this color, pretty close to my natural lips, which makes it my ideal nude. I have light brown/amber eyes and medium skin tone. It feels light on the lips, the color lasts a long time for a non liquid lipstick, def a rebuy for me

on 8/5/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to lip product and I reach for this when I can't decide what colour to use! It is a peachy pink on my lips which looks natural. A little bit drying though but lovely colour so I don't mind that, I just have to moisturise my lips really well. MAC lipsticks seem to increase in price every year, soooo naughty!

on 9/11/2016 6:17:00 PM

First off, the color...this is it! I have finally found my perfect nude lippie. I'm someone who can't normally pull off nudes without looking washed out, this one is not too pale, not too beige/brown, not too peachy, and has a subtle pinkness to it that makes it flattering instead of washing me out. My sister is nc30 and on her it looks great paired with smoky eyes. I'm just completely smitten by this color. Love it, love, love, love. This lipstick pairs great with 'Peachykeen' blush for a fresh and subtle, everyday look. I also tried Velvet Teddy at the same time, it was okay, but the shade is too close to my natural lip and leans is abit more brown, while Kinda Sexy leans abit more peach.

Now the bad: I hate the feeling of this on my lips! It felt okay the first hour, but it was when I touched up with a second coat that I began to feel uncomfortable. It felt thick, heavy and dry on. I'm really quite appalled as I have much cheaper lipsticks that feel more comfortable on my lips and are just as matte, plus last almost as long.
I already purchased it, so I'm going to find a way to make this work. Again, I adore this color! I do wish it came in satin finish. Not repurchasing, and once I find a dupe, I'm going to downgrade my rating to 2 lippies.
So far, I'm not fan-girling over MAC. I love their blushes, own a few, and I love the colors their lipsticks come in, but I'm not impressed with the lipstick formulas themselves, especially matte ones (I am open to trying their frosts and creme finishes though). I'm not a fan of their foundations either. I think the products are overpriced considering the very average quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I absolutely love this shade. It's my perfect MLBB-ish nude. That is, when it's NOT on the verge of melting. I live in a humid country in Asia and we have terribly hot and sweaty summers. This lipstick could not hold it up last summer. I tried putting it in the fridge for 10, 20 minutes like I read online, and the lipstick was restored for a couple of days I guess, and then it started melting again. And it really wouldn't have been much of an issue for me if that was the only problem. When it's in that "sweating/melting" situation, it changes color! It's almost an orangey neon pink (which is NOT flattering on me), when it's normally a peachy browney pink on me. Now that we're in the colder months it's back to being its normal shade, but I know I wouldn't purchase another MAC lipstick because of this. 75% of the year is "summer" in my country.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ultimate warm-toned nude, barely-there color that manages to pull a look together without overpowering the face. Depending on your skintone, this color can fall anywhere from YLBB to a pale nude.

On me, it is around the same color as my lips but a bit peachier. There isn't much pink in this, but it is playing around somewhere in there. I generally don't lean toward anything even veering toward orange with my lip colors, but this is a surprisingly natural look, and when I pair it with a neutral lipliner it deepens it a bit and tones down the peachiness somewhat.

Because it is matte, it goes on fully opaque and lasts a decent length of time. It is not drying on me, but for best results apply chapstick first. I think the price is fine for what you're getting, it is a good quality lipstick and wears well. Is it leaps and bounds better than the Revlon or Maybelline matte formulas? No, but it's still a good formula and if you happen to like the color and enjoy MAC, I would highly recommend.