MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 12/21/2017 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Kinda Sexy is one of my favourite nude MAC lipsticks. It is one I wear to work often as it adds some colour to my face and warms up my complexion while making me look put together but not over-done. Kinda Sexy is a peachy-coral nude shade, which looks particularly fantastic against many different complexions. It looks particularly nice when I have a strong suntan (bringing me from NC15 to NW20 complexion). It has a matte finish which is comfortable to wear. I don’t find it drying but it does not provide any hydration at all. It doesn’t bleed or sink into lip lines. It applies easily without needing to tug the lips. It has excellent staying power and lasts through eating and drinking - I have worn this through many 10 hours shifts! It is a reliable and nude that every neutral-warm toned person should have in their lipstick wardrobe! Definitely one of my top MAC picks!

on 12/19/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the more comfortable matte lipsticks I've used. The color is almost too bright for me, but good with the right makeup. It goes on smooth and I don't need a lip liner. It will last through a few drinks, but after that, I will need to reapply it. I didn't have much trouble reapplying a layer or 2 after a few hours. It does make my lips a little dry, but not too uncomfortable. I don't notice it emphasizes my lip lines too much, but like most lipstick, it will show dry flaky lips. Overall, it's a good everyday shade and the price is decent. I would recommend it to those with warm skin tones.

on 11/8/2017 5:37:00 PM

I prefer velvet teddy better. This was way too orange on my skin. I am neutral fair nc 20 nw 20 skintone. I need to wear a lipliner with this lipstick to make it less orange. It pulls very peachy on me. Velvet teddy is more brown and just looks more suitable and less loud.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

kinda sexy will always have that special place in my heart
this is my first mac lipstick ever, because red lipstick and any darker lipstick is so intimidating for me back on those days
so i pick this one, the color is so pretty
i keep using this for every occasion for work, hanging out with friends, and others
i almost finish this lipstick, even tho there are tons dupe of this shade
i think i will keep buy this one from mac

on 10/2/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I adore this color, pretty close to my natural lips, which makes it my ideal nude. I have light brown/amber eyes and medium skin tone. It feels light on the lips, the color lasts a long time for a non liquid lipstick, def a rebuy for me

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay guys, this product isn't 100% perfect, but I will probably repurchase it until the day I die. This shade is a pinky-coral, and i swear to you guys this is the most flattering thing I have ever put on my face. I have a light, cool olive skin tone (C2), and this brightens up my face so much. It goes with literally any makeup look I decide to do, and I have to literally stop myself from putting it on every single day. The matte finish makes my lips look so plump and smooth. The only problem I have with this: it can be very drying, especially as the day goes on, but that's usually only an issue when my lips are being difficult. Overall, i 100% recommend this lipstick to everyone looking for a non-boring neutral lipstick.

on 5/4/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kinda Sexy is a pretty good lipstick, the salmon nude color doesn't wash me out and goes well with lots of different looks. Lasts a decent amount of time too. I'm not a big fan of the matte finish though since it can look uneven on the lips and does tend to dry them out if worn or reapplied often.
I wear it occasionally with smokey eyes over a thick layer of Reve de miel by Nuxe. Also prefer to dab it on instead if swiping since it provides plenty of pigment anyway and looks less thick/more even this way.
Beautiful lipstick but hardly a staple for me.

Great color on my warm complexion. Looks good with NARS Orgasm gloss on top. Also like it with MAC Melba blush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ultimate warm-toned nude, barely-there color that manages to pull a look together without overpowering the face. Depending on your skintone, this color can fall anywhere from YLBB to a pale nude.

On me, it is around the same color as my lips but a bit peachier. There isn't much pink in this, but it is playing around somewhere in there. I generally don't lean toward anything even veering toward orange with my lip colors, but this is a surprisingly natural look, and when I pair it with a neutral lipliner it deepens it a bit and tones down the peachiness somewhat.

Because it is matte, it goes on fully opaque and lasts a decent length of time. It is not drying on me, but for best results apply chapstick first. I think the price is fine for what you're getting, it is a good quality lipstick and wears well. Is it leaps and bounds better than the Revlon or Maybelline matte formulas? No, but it's still a good formula and if you happen to like the color and enjoy MAC, I would highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I absolutely love this shade. It's my perfect MLBB-ish nude. That is, when it's NOT on the verge of melting. I live in a humid country in Asia and we have terribly hot and sweaty summers. This lipstick could not hold it up last summer. I tried putting it in the fridge for 10, 20 minutes like I read online, and the lipstick was restored for a couple of days I guess, and then it started melting again. And it really wouldn't have been much of an issue for me if that was the only problem. When it's in that "sweating/melting" situation, it changes color! It's almost an orangey neon pink (which is NOT flattering on me), when it's normally a peachy browney pink on me. Now that we're in the colder months it's back to being its normal shade, but I know I wouldn't purchase another MAC lipstick because of this. 75% of the year is "summer" in my country.