MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ultimate warm-toned nude, barely-there color that manages to pull a look together without overpowering the face. Depending on your skintone, this color can fall anywhere from YLBB to a pale nude.

On me, it is around the same color as my lips but a bit peachier. There isn't much pink in this, but it is playing around somewhere in there. I generally don't lean toward anything even veering toward orange with my lip colors, but this is a surprisingly natural look, and when I pair it with a neutral lipliner it deepens it a bit and tones down the peachiness somewhat.

Because it is matte, it goes on fully opaque and lasts a decent length of time. It is not drying on me, but for best results apply chapstick first. I think the price is fine for what you're getting, it is a good quality lipstick and wears well. Is it leaps and bounds better than the Revlon or Maybelline matte formulas? No, but it's still a good formula and if you happen to like the color and enjoy MAC, I would highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I absolutely love this shade. It's my perfect MLBB-ish nude. That is, when it's NOT on the verge of melting. I live in a humid country in Asia and we have terribly hot and sweaty summers. This lipstick could not hold it up last summer. I tried putting it in the fridge for 10, 20 minutes like I read online, and the lipstick was restored for a couple of days I guess, and then it started melting again. And it really wouldn't have been much of an issue for me if that was the only problem. When it's in that "sweating/melting" situation, it changes color! It's almost an orangey neon pink (which is NOT flattering on me), when it's normally a peachy browney pink on me. Now that we're in the colder months it's back to being its normal shade, but I know I wouldn't purchase another MAC lipstick because of this. 75% of the year is "summer" in my country.

To Read all 211 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/11/2016 6:17:00 PM

First off, the color...this is it! I have finally found my perfect nude lippie. I'm someone who can't normally pull off nudes without looking washed out, this one is not too pale, not too beige/brown, not too peachy, and has a subtle pinkness to it that makes it flattering instead of washing me out. My sister is nc30 and on her it looks great paired with smoky eyes. I'm just completely smitten by this color. Love it, love, love, love. This lipstick pairs great with 'Peachykeen' blush for a fresh and subtle, everyday look. I also tried Velvet Teddy at the same time, it was okay, but the shade is too close to my natural lip and leans is abit more brown, while Kinda Sexy leans abit more peach.

Now the bad: I hate the feeling of this on my lips! It felt okay the first hour, but it was when I touched up with a second coat that I began to feel uncomfortable. It felt thick, heavy and dry on. I'm really quite appalled as I have much cheaper lipsticks that feel more comfortable on my lips and are just as matte, plus last almost as long.
I already purchased it, so I'm going to find a way to make this work. Again, I adore this color! I do wish it came in satin finish. Not repurchasing, and once I find a dupe, I'm going to downgrade my rating to 2 lippies.
So far, I'm not fan-girling over MAC. I love their blushes, own a few, and I love the colors their lipsticks come in, but I'm not impressed with the lipstick formulas themselves, especially matte ones (I am open to trying their frosts and creme finishes though). I'm not a fan of their foundations either. I think the products are overpriced considering the very average quality.

on 8/6/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For reference I am a NC10/NC15 fair Korean.

Kinda Sexy is a really lovely nude; more orange brown than a true brown but still flattering nonetheless. Not too dark of a shade, so fair ladies can easily rock it well.
Another great nude that I often reach for is MAC's Honeylove. Honeylove pulls more tan, a true honey color, but both are different yet very lovely and provides good amount of pigment.

on 8/5/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to lip product and I reach for this when I can't decide what colour to use! It is a peachy pink on my lips which looks natural. A little bit drying though but lovely colour so I don't mind that, I just have to moisturise my lips really well. MAC lipsticks seem to increase in price every year, soooo naughty!

on 5/16/2016 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful universal lipstick based on warm neutral color for matte lips lovers. I use it with a lip pencil "Boldly Bare" also by Mac to create a perfect lip. I like to wear it with matching blush in "Pinch me" color which is a beautiful color for summer.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE Mac's Matte lipsticks- I find them incredibly comfortable, pigmented, long wearing and the variety of colours is insane. I bought this shade about a week ago along with Honey Love, and omg, i'm obsessed with them both! I bought these two shades because I wanted something a bit lighter (more of a natural nude) than Velvet Teddy, and something that was similar, but a matte version, of Blankety (amplified crème)- so I picked up Honey Love & Kinda Sexy. Honey Love is my absolute favourite now, it's a perfect nude for pale girls, and kinda sexy is also a gorgeous peach toned nude. I find that Mac's Matte formula lasts a good 3-4 hours (through eating and sipping on coffee) before it needs to be touched up in the centre.. however I'm happy to touch up my lipstick no matter what lipstick as long as it doesn't go flaky or gross. These lipsticks glide on like a dream everytime, they do dry down a little (LITTLE) bit, but you can easily reapply and it won't flake or look cakey or anything. As I was saying, I like reapplying as It helps keep my lips hydrated and it feels more comfortable (I've only recently really got into wearing lipstick on an everyday basis in the bpast 6-9months, so comfort is a big thing). I now have 5 little MAC lipsticks in my collection and they will be the first 5 of many to come! Highly recommend spending the $32AUD on these lipsticks.

on 5/15/2016 7:36:00 PM

My all time favourite matte shade from Mac!
It's a mid-toned peachy nude which on my fair skintone runs slightly on the pink side. It is a versatile colour which would look amazing will a full smokey eye look but also with simple day time looks!
Can't fault the colour and formula of this lipstick and have already completely used one up.
I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My fave combo right now atm is MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick w MAC Soar lipliner. I saw it on a YT MAC video & I own them both so I had to try it even if Soar is a lot different than Kinda Sexy...soar is a dusty rose & Kinda Sexy is very beige pale peach but somehow it werks!! Use the Goss method of connecting ur Cupids Bow it makes ur lips def more than "kinda" sexy!! Some of my faves are this, Pure Zen, Peachstock, Myth, Angel, Freckletone, Hue... et al lipsticks or Fashion Scoop/Boy Bait Lipglasses some similar colors u may like if u like kinda sexy then Check them out! I love how this is fairly opaque & pale but not concealer lips. Not really a MLBB shade it's too peach for that, I can't imagine any1 having naturally colored lips exactly like Kinda Sexy. This begs for a liquid winged black eyeliner! Charlotte Tilbury has a nice feline flick YT video.... Kinda sexy is a Gr8 color! I'd repurchase but I have at least 100 MAC lippies & I like trying new colors/I want to actually use up something.

on 3/23/2016 12:09:00 AM

I came upon this lipstick while putting together my bridal makeup look and now it is my #2 go to lipstick for all occasions (day and evening), after Clinique's tenderheart. It is a very pretty pinkish brown and very matte. Only issues with this include 1) not super creamy/smooth 2) comes off super fast/easily.

Popular Lipsticks