MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Matte - Kinda Sexy

3.6

on 1/21/2018 4:34:00 PM

One of my favorite pinky nude MAC lipsticks.. I'm NW25, very neutral, lite brown/reddish hair, brn eyes, and this is very flattering. I didn't think it would look great on me, I do prefer mauve shades in mid tone to darker colors, but stick to peachy nudes when I wear a lighter color..so this was a chance that paid off, and isn't too pink on me. I'm not big on matte lippies, but this one is comfortable enough..MAC and UD make the best non drug store lipsticks in my opinion, and I have tons of each, and will keep purchasing! Definitely recommend.

on 1/23/2016 12:42:00 PM

Love this color. Peachy nude color that is stunning. Love the formula. Makes my lips look full. Love this with Bodly bare liner. Yes!!! Would buy again!! Has become a favorite!!!! Inlove!!!!! Update: after using a few times it became chalky and well... hated it after all. Will stick to Macs Bodly Barr liner.

on 7/7/2014 11:32:00 AM

Beautiful, Beautiful peachy/pink matte formula. Not a MLBB for me but definitely works well with my skin tone and awesome to wear for day or when I need and understated lip and I don't want to wear a plain nude or have time to be layering color. This is a matte so it will be dry and very opaque. You need to have exfoliated, moisturized lips or this will look a mess. I do use a gloss from a local merchant if I don't want the color so flat on top on occasion, but i always put a good balm on first thing before applying any makeup and when I get to my lippy I blot off the excess balm and it does help with the dryness. IF you do not like dry or matte formulas I suggest Sheen Supremes for MAC. You will not like this. If you are looking to extend the wear time on this try putting the color on, blotting and adding a lite dusting of HD powder and then re-apply the color. It will hold longer and give a bit of stain. The only color I've ever had complete staying power was one of the cover girl 24hour wear formulas. but this will last pretty well.

on 6/23/2014 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the colour of this, it really suits me and I honestly thought I'd found my holy grail natural pink lip colour after years of wasting money on colours which seemed perfect but weren't.

The texture is horrible though. I own and use several matte Mac lipsticks and like wearing them. This looks dry and 'chalky' though despite the fact that I use lip balm underneath it.

It doesn't last very long either and needs frequent reapplication which is surprising as all of my other Mac mattes last for hours and stain my lips. Kinda Sexy does neither of these. It just seems to sit on my lips and actually flakes off which isn't very attractive.

on 5/10/2014 1:29:00 AM

So disappointed this color doesn't show at all on me(NW20). I had to order this online, and it's too much trouble to return. Sharon Farrell, who I love, really likes this. I think this would work well with someone whose skin contrasts well enough with it

on 6/14/2011 6:52:00 AM

For those who can buy Kiko: lipstick 502 is a ( even better) dupe for -+. € 5,00. Kiko has a lot of dupes :) and in the Netherlands (+ online).

on 2/25/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Backups in place for this color as always.

This is a nude peachy/pink MATTe (which I love). It works well straight on or as a stain. Any pink/peach or coral gloss works beautifully with this -- I especially love C Thru.

The color works on all skin tones -- I have used it on myself and on clients.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am neutral toned, pale, with medium-pigmented lips, blonde highlighted hair, brown eyes. This is by far my favourite lipstick ever. I've had it for two weeks and have worn it every single day. I would describe the colour as a light dusty pink/peachy shade. No brown. With my colouring, it looks completely natural. It doesn't wash me out, doesn't give the concealer look, and yet is not bright and doesn't jump off my face. I wear a clear lip balm underneath as the finish is matte and can by drying. I usually wear lustres so had to get used to that. After a few days of wear, I had no problems whatsoever. This lipstick lasts through my coffee and morning snacks. I reapply after lunch, and it's still there when I get home from work hours later! As a further reference, my favourite lipstick until now was Hug Me. Others in my arsenal include Jubilee, Blankety, Curtsy, Sweetie, Mellow Flame, NARS Barbarella.