MAC Cosmetics Zoom lash

Zoom lash

2.9

on 6/10/2018 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very dark black, it lasts a lot,it thickens the lashes not excessively much, but enough. It may be quite dramatic for blonde women. I like it because the intensity of the colour, and the effect in my lashes which are short and thick: the mascara enlarge and thicken my lashes, in a dark dark black and it also curve up them. The packaging is simple, like all MAC products. It's fragance less. If you don't let it dry properly, it can smudge a little.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. It flakes, smudges, and the tube turns dry too quickly. It's already a dry formula, so when that happens it becomes truly horrid. If you don't mind a wetter formula mascara and want to try one from MAC, try their False Lashes or False Lashes Extreme. Either way, you should get samples before you commit to a purchase because MAC seems to be inconsistent with their mascara formulas.

on 11/10/2017 11:42:00 AM

(Edit: of course, this has been discontinued)
This review is for the GREY color. I use this on my bottom lashes and Chanel Bluish Black on my top lashes. If Chanel ever discontinues that color, I will use this on both. I am a "light summer," meaning that I have cool (pink) undertones and am very fair. I used to try to get the blackest black mascara I could find, since my lashes are blonde. However, I now realize that the grey is much more flattering than black, which is too dark. Brown, forget it, way too warm and makes my eyes look red and my skin look ruddy. I feel like this mascara on bottom, and the Chanel Bluish Black on top, makes my blue eyes pop and makes the ruddiness totally neutralize. It is really amazing. I found that the black in this formulation smudged, but I do not have the same issue with the grey, for whatever reason. The other great thing about this shade is that they only sell it in the $10 small travel sized version, so you can try it without spending a lot of money, and it travels well, needless to say. I am hoping MAC won't discontinue this, which they are prone to do! The grey is really fantastic.

Edit/Update: Of course, this has been discontinued. Try the limited edition Chanel grey mascara, until they stop selling it!

on 8/20/2017 10:58:00 PM

This used to be the only mascara I would use. I believe over the last few years they have changed the formula. I love my lash look, but I have raccoon eyes with this. I used to never have this problem. The staying power sucks.

I was surprised to like this mascara. My natural lashes are long and thick, so I look for mascaras that basically make them look fake (which is what I like). I like a brush that I can easily curl through my lashes and this is one of them. It's not too liquidy of a formula so it dries easily and with two coats, my lashes are perfectly fanned and lengthened. I find that I have a few dry clumps around my eyes by midday but I just swat them away. Not my favourite mascara, and MAC is notoriously known for bad mascaras. But much better than other MAC ones I've tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Honestly this is by far the worst mascara i have ever bought! It smudges so much that it is actually embarassing to use this product!

on 5/3/2017 3:05:00 AM

I bought this in the plum shade. I was looking for a cheap purple mascara and I got the travel size. It doesnt do much, and my lashes are already quite thick. I assume it's because of the color.

on 4/3/2017 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So close to perfection but not quite.

Gave me lashes that looked almost fake - long, thick, non flaky lashes BUT does smudge more than most mascaras so can't recommend. However if you don't care about smudging, this mascara outperforms any other I have tried in terms of giving you long, thick lashes.

For reference, I have stick straight, really anemic lashes (if only my body could be thin) so when I say a mascara works it really does because without mascara you can't even see my lashes.

Most mascaras don't smudge anymore so was surprised to see so much of it had smudged unevenly around the bottom of my eyes.

So far now I'll stick with my two favorites - LancĂ´me Definicils or DiorShow ..... or the multitude of free ones I get with all my GWPs :-)

on 3/30/2017 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

nothing but fallout.after 3 hours flaking all Under your eyes.Every one of macs mascaras do this.ill stick to Hello lashes by It (stumbled across this Beauty as a gift and love....)

on 12/21/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this in a MAC order and I've taken it with me while traveling because of the small size...I'd say this mascara is pretty decent. Not above average, but definitely not bad. To use, I apply one coat to my top lashes, starting at the root and wiggling the brush back and forth to coat the lashes. Then, before it dries, I use a clean mascara brush to comb through the lashes and get rid of any clumps. (If I wait until the mascara is dry to do this, it just flakes off everywhere. I do this with every mascara I use to separate the lashes and make them look natural and more fluttery.) Zoom Lash lasts all day on me without flaking or smudging, and removes easily with cleansing balm. I wouldn't repurchase this mascara because I definitely prefer Clinique High Impact, but I would use another sample if I received it.