MAC Zoom lash

Zoom lash

2.9

on 12/21/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this in a MAC order and I've taken it with me while traveling because of the small size...I'd say this mascara is pretty decent. Not above average, but definitely not bad. To use, I apply one coat to my top lashes, starting at the root and wiggling the brush back and forth to coat the lashes. Then, before it dries, I use a clean mascara brush to comb through the lashes and get rid of any clumps. (If I wait until the mascara is dry to do this, it just flakes off everywhere. I do this with every mascara I use to separate the lashes and make them look natural and more fluttery.) Zoom Lash lasts all day on me without flaking or smudging, and removes easily with cleansing balm. I wouldn't repurchase this mascara because I definitely prefer Clinique High Impact, but I would use another sample if I received it.

on 12/16/2016 11:20:00 PM

I got a sample size ( travel size ?) Zoom Lash from MAC with my order. Its so-so.

The good points? Nice black color. It isn't irritating. It doesn't crumble off as you're wearing it. It's easy to remove completely with soap and water or makeup remover.

But Zoom is hard to apply nicely because of the brush it comes with. It won't coat your lashes. It won't apply mascara to the sides of your lashes. It won't separate them. It just pushes your lashes out of the way. And if you get a little clump? You can't simply brush it away or even it out. The brush on this wand only ADDs to a clump. So you might end up with a couple of spider legs, a clump, and a couple of lashes grouped together in a point - all at the same time. Until I tried Zoom, I never had to worry about all three of these things happening simultaneously. I'm blaming the brush. It just doesn't work for me.

on 10/19/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed with this mascara, luckily I only purchased a travel size.
It did absolutely nothing for my lashes. No volume or length. Made them look spikey, thin and short. Could not build up the lash to anything that looked decent.
One of the worst mascaras I have used. It went into the bin very quickly.

on 8/18/2016 11:03:00 AM

This has become my go-to mascara, love it and can't do without it!

It holds a curl like no other and really makes my eyes pop! I don't experience the issues that others have complained about, but I only use this on my upper lashes...two coats and then top it off with Ulta's Rain Coat or BM's Locked and Loaded. After coating with a waterproof topcoat, I then take that same brush and coat my lower lashes...since Zoom Lash is a wet formula there will be some color on the clear top coat wand that is diluted with the clear coat...this is what I wear on my lower lashes. It is a much softer look and I have no smudges, transfer or flaking!! This is also the ONLY way I can wear mascara with my contacts or any fiber building mascara, I have to seal it with a top coat so the mascara does not disintegrate and get into my eyes,

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got a sample. This and fake lash or whatever it's called. So pretty, and very elongating but....smudges everywhere. I've never had this problem with any other mascara and I NEVER wear waterproof mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dont like this too much. lashes got longer but it really irritated my eyes and gave it a bad look. Smudges very easily. My lashes by nature are about medium size. They are very thin so making tem look thicker works well and gives it a goregeous look.

I got a sample of this with my Mac order and I actually liked it. I am surprised at the bad reviews. It gave nice length and decent volume. It is more of a wet mascara, but I like wet mascaras. I haven't purchased the full size and perhaps it isn't as good in the full size, but I really liked the sample and I will likely purchase this.

on 11/4/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not working for me. Very wet formula, transfers like crazy. Clumps my lashes together and leaves individual chunks. Not impressed with the brush, either. I've been using mascara since I was a teen, and I'm 36 now, so I'm not new to the game.
No way I would ever buy this. Got a sample from Nordstrom and literally through it out.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't have the shortest lashes on the planet, but they are pretty damn straight :/

What do I like about this mascara? It is a pretty wet formula, but I don't have too many clumping issues, and zero flaking later on in the day. It is a very intense black color, and noticeable. I tend to have many issues with flaking and panda eyes, due to how my orbital area is shaped. This one never gives me afternoon black eye.

Doesn't necessarily hold a curl for me, but most don't. It also isn't the most lengthening mascara i've ever tried.

Not bad, though. Very decent everyday mascara.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool