MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 11/8/2017 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I removed lippies because I found this e/s to have a steeper learning curve than I expected plus it isn't really true to color. It is a golden/bronze with a brown/red undertone. Packed heavily, it is the lighter, brighter color. As it is diffused out, the undertone becomes apparent and so it darkens.

I had the experience of using a small amount on my lids and blending as I went, so it always was very dark on my lids. I couldn't understand how the Youtube videos had it looking so bright. Now I finally understand this shadow. The lighter golden/bronze is very dupable and frankly I don't think the undertone looks the best for my skin tone (neutral/warm and fair - NC 20). It looks ok but not great, I think on green eyes the colors would look amazing.

Other than that, I can't really complain about the texture or blendability or smoothness of the eyeshadow. It needs primer to last more than a few hours (this is normal for my combo oily skin).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't really care much for MAC's eyeshadow formula, but Woodwinked is a pretty color. Is it unique at all? No way. It is just a very shimmery warm medium brown, but on me it does perform a lot better than most other MAC shadows, so I keep it in my stash. It is a pretty light wash color, and it is nice to deepen up the outer corners of the eye in a very light neutral look as well. It isn't really anything special, but it gets the job done and surprisingly does it well.

on 3/11/2017 1:27:00 AM

Love this so much. I kept seeing it recommended and I always thought it would be too warm toned for me, but it's gorgeous. It's a beautiful coppery-red brown and I've worn it every single day since I bought it so far. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 2/21/2017 2:31:00 PM

Buttery light gold goodness. Woodwinked will light up your eyes and bring out tones you never thought you had. It's so pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting, too. It's the perfect antidote for blah days when you feel and look tired - it's not too much of a "look," nor does it suck the light from your eyes like many mattes can. This shade would look amazing on any color of eyes or skin - on my light/medium olive complexion and dark eyes, it provides just the right amount of contrast and depth and still looks interestingly beautiful. Woodwinked is a neutral, and neutrals can be boring, but this eye shadow is totally not boring.

Yes definitely will repurchase...

This is a cult favorite for a reason it's so pretty and has a very nice dimensional veluxed pearl shine. It is a staple in any MUA collection. It looks great on blue, green, brown and hazel eyes, light and tan skin.
Mac describes it as an antiqued gold😶 but I never go by their descriptions. They always seem off to me.
Woodwinked is a dark copper brownish red color with highly pigmented I can't even describe how lively- bright yellow golden shine/metallic duo chrome. The way this shadows shines and catches light is unbelievable.
It goes with practically every shade that one can image. I love it but ones thing I can't stand is since it is so buttery and soft it's incredibly messy. This has no fallout but on my palette and brushes it so hard to get off. Literally I have to blow the pans off or else my mac palette gets so dirty and around insert where it sits it is always smeared and I have a specific brush for woodwinked it's so dang pigmented that using it for anything else will in end in a total fail it overpowers any other weak shadow you have to literally wash it out your brush with water but at the same time it is so blendablesith coordinating colors. Also my woodwinked this time came with a deeeppp circular indentation and a small chuck was broke and missing in the corner ANNOYING so I took some stars off the packaging.

on 7/27/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I've ever had an eyeshadow that I've such a fickle relationship with other than Woodwinked.

Recently I picked it back up again and it's like "Where have you been?" Woodwinked is a gold-bronze shade that I think is perfect for everyday office looks. I apply it all over the lids, bronzer in the crease, black winged liner and loads of mascara.

on 7/13/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I feel like I'm very late to the party with this eyeshadow.

When MAC recently reduced their eyeshadow pans to $6 usd each, I decided to try a few out including Woodwinked. Woodwinked (along with Amber Lights and Sumptuous Olive) is now one of my all time favourite eyeshadows.

It's a stunning light gold-brown that's very wearable. The color is more complex than it appears at first glance and it gives off more of a pearl sheen than a shimmery finish so it's vibrant but not garish. Perfect for a day at work or a night out. This is a must have for anyone with a warm skin tone.

Most days I wear Woodwinked on my lid with a warm medium brown in my crease and I'm good to go. Simple but effective.

on 6/30/2016 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to eyeshadow. Even when I am using it alone it looks like I have several different colors on because of the sheen. Shows up very "gold" but in a natural way.

on 4/2/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all time favourite mac shadow. I love it's with texture and Swiss Chocolate in the crease. Looks great with green eyes. I think this colour wood suit all eye colours and skin tones.