MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 2/21/2017 2:31:00 PM

Buttery light gold goodness. Woodwinked will light up your eyes and bring out tones you never thought you had. It's so pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting, too. It's the perfect antidote for blah days when you feel and look tired - it's not too much of a "look," nor does it suck the light from your eyes like many mattes can. This shade would look amazing on any color of eyes or skin - on my light/medium olive complexion and dark eyes, it provides just the right amount of contrast and depth and still looks interestingly beautiful. Woodwinked is a neutral, and neutrals can be boring, but this eye shadow is totally not boring.

Yes definitely will repurchase...

This is a cult favorite for a reason it's so pretty and has a very nice dimensional veluxed pearl shine. It is a staple in any MUA collection. It looks great on blue, green, brown and hazel eyes, light and tan skin.
Mac describes it as an antiqued gold😶 but I never go by their descriptions. They always seem off to me.
Woodwinked is a dark copper brownish red color with highly pigmented I can't even describe how lively- bright yellow golden shine/metallic duo chrome. The way this shadows shines and catches light is unbelievable.
It goes with practically every shade that one can image. I love it but ones thing I can't stand is since it is so buttery and soft it's incredibly messy. This has no fallout but on my palette and brushes it so hard to get off. Literally I have to blow the pans off or else my mac palette gets so dirty and around insert where it sits it is always smeared and I have a specific brush for woodwinked it's so dang pigmented that using it for anything else will in end in a total fail it overpowers any other weak shadow you have to literally wash it out your brush with water but at the same time it is so blendablesith coordinating colors. Also my woodwinked this time came with a deeeppp circular indentation and a small chuck was broke and missing in the corner ANNOYING so I took some stars off the packaging.

on 7/27/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I've ever had an eyeshadow that I've such a fickle relationship with other than Woodwinked.

Recently I picked it back up again and it's like "Where have you been?" Woodwinked is a gold-bronze shade that I think is perfect for everyday office looks. I apply it all over the lids, bronzer in the crease, black winged liner and loads of mascara.

on 7/13/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I feel like I'm very late to the party with this eyeshadow.

When MAC recently reduced their eyeshadow pans to $6 usd each, I decided to try a few out including Woodwinked. Woodwinked (along with Amber Lights and Sumptuous Olive) is now one of my all time favourite eyeshadows.

It's a stunning light gold-brown that's very wearable. The color is more complex than it appears at first glance and it gives off more of a pearl sheen than a shimmery finish so it's vibrant but not garish. Perfect for a day at work or a night out. This is a must have for anyone with a warm skin tone.

Most days I wear Woodwinked on my lid with a warm medium brown in my crease and I'm good to go. Simple but effective.

on 6/30/2016 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to eyeshadow. Even when I am using it alone it looks like I have several different colors on because of the sheen. Shows up very "gold" but in a natural way.

on 4/2/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all time favourite mac shadow. I love it's with texture and Swiss Chocolate in the crease. Looks great with green eyes. I think this colour wood suit all eye colours and skin tones.

on 7/25/2015 12:56:00 AM

I recently bought this eyeshadow because I had heard great reviews. I am very very pale skinned with blue eyes and freckles. I noticed that quite a few of you were commenting that woodwinked turned orange when blending it into your crease. I found that while it looked coppery, it did not look orange on my skin. I also found that if I patted it onto my lids with a shadow brush and blended it softly into the crease it looked fine. I saw no orange. Not sure if I haven't noticed something wrong yet as I got this only a few days ago, but in my opinion it looked good and made my eyes pop. The quality of this product is amazing. It is easy to blend and long wearing. I will update this review if I notice an orange quality to it but so far so good. I think this is a great shadow to wear on its on, but if you are fair skinned be sure to ask one of the mac employees to try it on you in store just to make sure it doesn't pull orange. If looking for a safer option, try all that glitters!

UPDATE: I had to return this. I tried it again and true to all of the reviews this looked horrible on my skin tone. I love mac shadows but this color wasn't for me.

on 7/22/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this so much ... I am fair skinned with blue eyes and really suits my skin tone. Shows as an antique gold. Daytime great for all over no need for transition/crease colour. Just put more on outer v. Looks like I'm wearing several colours. Night time I add Mac Embark in the crease. Looks amazing.

on 2/18/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorites! I almost didn't buy this because of reviews that said it looked too orange or brown. Not for me! Perfect warm medium gold/bronze. VERY smooth, pigmented, and blendable. LOVELY lid color or crease color. For lazy days, I can put it on my lid and blend up into the crease and it looks like I'm wearing two colors. STUNNING. Favorite way to wear it is with Naked Lunch in the inner half of the lid and Woodwinked on the outer half. I also like to blend Amber Lights and Woodwinked on the brush and then apply to the lid for some extra oomph. LOVE THIS ONE!