MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 7/27/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I've ever had an eyeshadow that I've such a fickle relationship with other than Woodwinked. It's been a year and a half now I've had Woodwinked and for some reason I pick it up for a week or two then put it back down because I don't think it wows me enough.

Recently I picked it back up again and it's like "Where have you been hunny?" Woodwinked is a soft gold-bronze shade that I think is perfect for everyday office looks. I apply it all over the lids, bronzer in the crease, black winged liner and loads of mascara.

on 7/13/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I feel like I'm very late to the party with this eyeshadow.

When MAC recently reduced their eyeshadow pans to $6 usd each, I decided to try a few out including Woodwinked. Woodwinked (along with Amber Lights and Sumptuous Olive) is now one of my all time favourite eyeshadows.

It's a stunning light gold-brown that's very wearable. The color is more complex than it appears at first glance and it gives off more of a pearl sheen than a shimmery finish so it's vibrant but not garish. Perfect for a day at work or a night out. This is a must have for anyone with a warm skin tone.

Most days I wear Woodwinked on my lid with a warm medium brown in my crease and I'm good to go. Simple but effective.

To Read all 684 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/30/2016 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to eyeshadow. Even when I am using it alone it looks like I have several different colors on because of the sheen. Shows up very "gold" but in a natural way.

on 4/2/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all time favourite mac shadow. I love it's with texture and Swiss Chocolate in the crease. Looks great with green eyes. I think this colour wood suit all eye colours and skin tones.

on 7/25/2015 12:56:00 AM

I recently bought this eyeshadow because I had heard great reviews. I am very very pale skinned with blue eyes and freckles. I noticed that quite a few of you were commenting that woodwinked turned orange when blending it into your crease. I found that while it looked coppery, it did not look orange on my skin. I also found that if I patted it onto my lids with a shadow brush and blended it softly into the crease it looked fine. I saw no orange. Not sure if I haven't noticed something wrong yet as I got this only a few days ago, but in my opinion it looked good and made my eyes pop. The quality of this product is amazing. It is easy to blend and long wearing. I will update this review if I notice an orange quality to it but so far so good. I think this is a great shadow to wear on its on, but if you are fair skinned be sure to ask one of the mac employees to try it on you in store just to make sure it doesn't pull orange. If looking for a safer option, try all that glitters!

UPDATE: I had to return this. I tried it again and true to all of the reviews this looked horrible on my skin tone. I love mac shadows but this color wasn't for me.

on 7/22/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this so much ... I am fair skinned with blue eyes and really suits my skin tone. Shows as an antique gold. Daytime great for all over no need for transition/crease colour. Just put more on outer v. Looks like I'm wearing several colours. Night time I add Mac Embark in the crease. Looks amazing.

on 2/18/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorites! I almost didn't buy this because of reviews that said it looked too orange or brown. Not for me! Perfect warm medium gold/bronze. VERY smooth, pigmented, and blendable. LOVELY lid color or crease color. For lazy days, I can put it on my lid and blend up into the crease and it looks like I'm wearing two colors. STUNNING. Favorite way to wear it is with Naked Lunch in the inner half of the lid and Woodwinked on the outer half. I also like to blend Amber Lights and Woodwinked on the brush and then apply to the lid for some extra oomph. LOVE THIS ONE!

on 1/28/2015 4:11:00 PM

Wood winked is amazing. I've been wearing this as my base color for years. People would always ask me what it was. I don't mind spending a little extra on this because it lasts me months and I literally wear it everyday.

on 11/21/2014 1:30:00 AM

Woodwinked...a true multi tasker! It will, as an eye shadow make you look truly rested. BUT, my little secret: I use this as a bronzer. VERY lightly I 'dab' it on and it's perfect. The reason is that it has 'depth' and it's the perfect mix of red, bronze, brown ... As I've said before, often, I use many MAC eyeshadows on my 'face'...Soba for contouring, Mythology for a blush, Naked Lunch as an all over highlighter for evenings out. All of these I use with a light hand or they would be too frosty...blend, blend and again blend and you can create a perfect face. Practice too. Enjoy! Have a great Thanksgiving all you beautiful women who take enough time and care to make yourselves just that much more pretty.

on 10/23/2014 3:09:00 PM

I fell in love with the idea of this idea from seeing so many gorgeous tutorials online. Unfortunately this shadow looked horrible on me. I am very fair skinned with green eyes. It just looked reddish orange on me and didn't blend in the buttery way that other similar shadows like Satin Taupe do. Honestly I think it was just simply down to my colouring because this appears to look stunning on other people! Had to give this shadow away unfortunately!

Video Reviews & Tutorials