MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 9/18/2014 4:26:00 AM

The most beautiful pinky, corally shade with hints of gold. Its a hard shade to explain but it is absolutely amazing. I love applying it all over the lid and was my go to summer look for a bit.

on 8/1/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Perfection. This eyeshadow is exactly what the name says, a nice subtly pink with a gold sparkle that looks like expensive rose gold. My daily routine consists of applying this on the lower lash line with mascara and the face make-up of course.
It gives such a beautiful healthy look, bronzey without being over the top.
I think you can also use it on the cheeks, though I haven't tried that enough times to say.
The pigmentation is just where I want it to be, not overly pink, or too shimmery, just very nice.
I'd say to give it a go !

on 1/26/2013 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Expensive Pink is described as a pink with duochrome and I have to say, I quite agree! A mix of pink infused with gold, with a slight hint of coral, it actually reminds me of a sunset, you know all those gorgeous colours illuminating the sky? When I apply it onto my eyelid, the pink and gold sheen really shine through to give it a beautiful dimension.The colour is very unique, Ive never seen an eye shadow like this before. Its definitely one of those shades that will look different on other peoples skin tone and eye colour. Oh, and applying and blending it is incredibly effortless its a Veluxe Pearl, which is my favourite MAC finish. My favourite way of wearing it everyday is by using Goldmine in the inner corner, Expensive Pink all over the lid, and then to really accentuate the gold tones, Woodwinked in the crease. It really creates a shimmering yet understated look.

I think Expensive Pink would also look amazing paired with Cranberry, Plum Dressing or Star Violet, either on the outer third or in the crease. Or, you could wear it all over the lid, and a little higher in the crease, and then tone it down with UD Naked or MAC Cork. It is definitely an eyeshadow that can be worn multiple ways!

on 8/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this e/s! This is the PERFECT rose-gold I've been looking for. After having bad luck with Laura Mercier's rose gold metallic creme shadow (didn't show up on me) I decided to try Expensive Pink. I was worried this would turn just plain gold on me (NC30-35) as most rose-gold shadows do, but this stays true to color on my lids. The color is simply stunning and very unique/complex. It's a pinky rose with gold and peach undertones. This is a gorgeous color for summer, I've been just wearing it as a wash all over my lids and it looks wonderful. I can easily transition this shadow to work for fall as well, if I pair it with golds and browns. This is such a versatile, beautiful color worth owning. It is definitely my favorite eyeshadow of all the ones I own!

on 4/6/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this. Most pink eye shadows make people look tired and dead , but not this. It isn't as pigmented as I would like but you can build it up. I use UDPP and a pink base under this, this all over, a brownish color outer corner, white inner corner and it looks stunning! MAC is always sold out of this when I go but I check everytime I go to the mall and finally they had it in stock. This is a lovely pinky rose color with a golden undertone. I love that about it. One of MAC's best eyeshadows. Lasts all day and can look bright on neutral depending on how you wear it.

I can't describe how pretty this color is!!! I love to put it on the outter crease on days where I wear light makeup and it just gives a pop of color, without the IN YOUR FACE effect.

on 4/1/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This e/s was one of my staples for years. Its a beautiful pink with a golden finish. I don't wear it anymore because I'm in a "natural" makeup phase at the moment. If I start wearing e/s again, I'll definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ok for light WOC this is GREAT for an all over lid color!!! If you want more of a nuetral look just barely put any on but for the pink to really show you have to pack it on :D but either way it's a great color (btw its more of a brownish pink than it looks like in the picture with gold reflects) hope i helped :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

On me, nc37, its not pink but more of a peach/coral like NARS Orgasm blush or MAC Springsheen blush. It's still pretty and the texture is extremely smooth, pigmented-one of the better MAC shadows.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This was the first Mac e/s I ever purchased. This color is so amazing on any skin tone. I like pairing it with passionate and most recently I have been wearing it with sketch and motif. Excellent color payoff.