MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I REALLY like this eyeshadow

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

One of my most reach eyeshadows from MAC.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Expensive Pink is definitely one of MAC's most unique colors. The pink isn't one that will make anyone look tired/red-eyed since it's more of a peach-pink with a gorgeous gold duochrome that complements all eye colors beautifully.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful, just glows on my NC40-42 skin, always get loads of compliments. The golden multi-dimensional pink is lovely. Quality is everything you've come to expect from MAC. This is a staple for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Expensive Pink, in fact, my sister is out right now buying a new one!

COLOR: medium peachy, copper-gold pink (it's multidimensional)
TEXTURE: it's a veluxe pearl so the formula is very smooth and applies wonderfully like my favorite eyeshadows (Lancome Color Design). Definitely not at all like some of the drier MAC shadows.
WEAR: it does last a fairly long time, but I do notice it starts to crease towards the very end of the day, but it's not too bad.

_____________________________________________________________

I'm medium tan (NC42) and this looks great on my skintone, even better in the summer.
How I use 'Expensive Pink':
(1) as an all-over lid shade for a natural look [on my summer skintone. It looks more intense in the winter and it would on lighter skintones]
(2) all over the lid with black blended in the outer corner for a more dramatic look that isn't too over the top. You could do this for a night out but it's definitely subtle enough for the day
(3) all over the lid with a dark brown shadow blended in the outer corner. This is a softer look than the one I mentioned above. This is a subtle smokey look that looks great on those with olive/warm undertones, light or dark. I love doing this to add some more definition when using this color.

_____________________________________________________________

This is a very beautiful, versatile shade that's easy to work with and would look good on just about every skin color from the lightest to the darkest! Mine shattered, which was unfortunate and odd since I have never had this happen with another MAC eyeshadow. I had to crush up the remaining with the back of a brush and apply it like a pigment - inconvenient but it worked well enough given the texture of this shadow. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful color that lasts forever. Looks great with soft brown. It is very elegant color that I'd wear to a dance or party...wouldn't want it for an everyday though. Worth the money and one of my absolute fav Mac e/s!

on 12/4/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful pink color with gold reflects. I wore this the other day with Seedy Pearl in the crease, Rice Paper on the brow bone, and I applied Brun with a big fluffy brush lightly over EP to warm the look up. It was gorgeous! I don't like pinks too often, but this one is a beauty!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!

on 3/31/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had a difficult time writing a review for Expensive Pink, because I have mixed feelings about it. It's a very pretty color, and it's very pretty for daytime looks, but I don't use it very often. It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows and I think that's why I'm attached to it, but at this point I'm kind of indifferent about it. It's a little too boring for my taste. I still don't know if I'll repurchase.

on 3/25/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a georgous color!!!
I got this e/s as an extra last time I went to a Mac store, mainly cause I heard so many girls raving about it. I didn't mean to purchase it in the first place but I'm so glad I did.
I would describe the color as a nice antique pink, with a nice touch of gold in it.
This e/s is so easy to use, the finish is a veluxe pearl, and that's my first and only e/s so far with this finish. So maybe it's due to this finish but I just love the quality of it. I feel like the e/s is almost creamy, and you don't need a lot a product to actually have a nice color on the eye.
I think this color is flattering on anybody. I find it harder for pale skin / blue or green eyes to find an e/s shadow that's flattering and to me, expensive pink is an excellent choice.

I find that the best way to use it is to apply it on the lid. Looks good when used with satin taupe, paradisco, passionate. Well it can be used with many colors.