MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 10/30/2014 11:08:00 PM

I love MAC eye shadows. They're gorgeous all around and have so many to choose from. I recently bought this color and I love it!! It's a beautiful pinkish/gold and it looks gorgeous against my fair-medium skin tone. I have light green eyes and I've found that pinks, purples, and Browns look best against them & really make them stand out. This pink with a hint of gold really does the trick. I also love the fact that MAC eyeshadows are priced fairly low for the quality of the product. The only con I have about this eyeshadow is that I have to apply it excessively to get a highly pigmented color to show up on my skin other than that I would highly recommend this product!!

I never would have picked this for myself and wear it all the time. It's an amazing color and compliments green eyes so much. I love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One of my FAVORITES! I usually have to use some eyeliner on my eyelids but with this eyeshadow I'm able to only wear it and my eyes still look amazing! RECOMMEND

on 8/1/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Perfection. This eyeshadow is exactly what the name says, a nice subtly pink with a gold sparkle that looks like expensive rose gold. My daily routine consists of applying this on the lower lash line with mascara and the face make-up of course.
It gives such a beautiful healthy look, bronzey without being over the top.
I think you can also use it on the cheeks, though I haven't tried that enough times to say.
The pigmentation is just where I want it to be, not overly pink, or too shimmery, just very nice.
I'd say to give it a go !

Great pink eyeshadow with a gold shimmer. If you're familiar with MAC pigments, this is somewhere between Melon and Rose pigments. Not as bright as rose, but has the gold shimmer that those two have. Looks good as a lid color with a neutral or warm brown in the crease. This is just a solidly good MAC eyeshadow. It lasts well, blends well and isn't too loud or hard to work with. It is also a versatile shadow that could be used in everyday looks or bold looks.

This color looks absolutely horrible on my skintone (NC15)... I mean HORRIBLE. Maybe I will read some other reviews and see if there is some way that I can make it work.

on 6/1/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I bought this I was doubtful that it would apply well but when I got it home and tried it I was impressed. I find that the shadow gives a really nice shimmer and it blends well into other colours, (I tried this out with "Carbon" and "Handwritten"). I think this shadow is great for green eyes which was another one of my worries when buying. I'm glad I decided to invest in this shadow as it's now one of my favourites.

on 4/16/2012 6:25:00 AM

I got this shadow a couple of years ago and I have never really touched it until now as I was afraid it would look really orange and unflattering on me as I am very pale but have warm/neutral undertones (NC15, maybe a bit lighter).

However I am on a mission to start wearing brighter colours instead of neutrals and browns all the time as I have so many pretty colours I never use. I decided to try this out today and I am so glad I did! I wore it all over the lid with Wedge as transition colour, Blanc Type as browbone highlight, Espresso in the outer v, crease and lower lashline with Urban Decay's Sin in the inner corner and lined my eyes with black liner.

It is such a lovely colour that really makes my green eyes stand out. On me it is a corral, pinkish gold. It has a very nice smooth texture as it is a Veluxe Pearl and great pigmentation. Definitely one of MAC's better eyeshadows. I don't think it would be very flattering on really cool skintones though.

Now that I've tried it out im definitely going to be wearing this a lot more over the spring and summer and whenever I run out I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This pinkish/coral/gold color looks good on my eyes, but I absolutely cannot apply it all over the lid. I need a light champagne/beige color on my inner third eye so I don't look tired. The color does wake up my green eyes, though. Which I love. I enjoy wearing it with coppers, golds and reddish browns. I might repurchase. We'll just have to see :).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I will say this color is NOT pink on me. It's more like a peachy bronze. My daughter describes it as the sunset. It's not too bad, just not what I expected at all. I'm not sure what skin color this will look pink on but certainly not on my skin. I like that you get pretty good color payoff with this and little fall out.