MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 5/24/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The pigmentation is decent and enough for a colour of this kind to show on a fair complexion (I'm a NC15-20). It's not the most pigmented Mac eye shadow I own, though. If it doesn't work as an eye shadow for you, give it a try as a blush. Mac doesn't have a return policy in the UK (unless the product is faulty), so being inventive can save from binning products that failed to satisfy our needs.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I REALLY like this eyeshadow

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my all time favorite shadows from any brand! It's an absolutely gorgeous warm goldy-pink color that looks great against my pale skin and makes my hazel eyes pop. It's one of the only shadows that I've ever hit pan on, and will soon be my first repurchased eyeshadow (I don't go through them often because I have so many in my collection). It is truly an amazing shadow with nice pigmentation, little to no fall out, and easy application. I definitely recommend if you're afraid to wear colors or pinks, this would be a nice gateway because it is still really neutral (A bit like if someone mixed Woodwinked with a pink color).

on 10/24/2012 8:24:00 PM

One of my favorites. Great color payoff and really looks great with so many different colors. Extremely versatile and can be worn as part of a neutral daytime look or bold evening look. I can't usually wear pink shadows, but this somehow works. It applies really nice too. I am NW35 for reference.

on 2/5/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I expected to love this. It loked so beautiful swatched, I instantly fell in love with it and I was looking at it again and again for months before I bought it, and a few weeks ago I finally did.
The problem I have with it is, that on my lids this color doesn't look nearly as special as it does swatched :/ It is just a goldeny pink. I have to be really careful t use it, because if I wear it with the wrong shades of brown it looks weird. I can't even describe what it is, maybe it just doesn't really suit me.
The pigmentation is perfect for my needs - not too sheer, but not too opaque either - and I love the finish.
I don't know if I would repurchase, but I can definitely say that it is a color worth having, if it suits you :)

Oh, Expensive Pink, you looked so beautiful in the pan. Why do you have to look completely ridiculous on me? You are way too bright and coral, with dare I say a hint of unflattering orange, against my cool toned fair skin. Sigh, we were not meant to be.

on 12/22/2011 11:59:00 AM

This comes off as a coral color on my skintone (NC15)
I like the shimmer and I am not certain how I feel about this color even though I have worn it 3 times since I got it!

I guess I could take it or leave it.

on 10/13/2011 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this on a whim because I thought it was pretty, but I had no idea how to wear it because it didn't go very well with my skin tone when applied normally (NC 15 for reference). I pulled it out to experiment recently and found the perfect way for me to wear it is with a neutral like shroom or blanc type all over my lid and then expensive pink just dusted lightly through the crease and on the outer corner (layered over the shroom or blanc type to soften it) with a big fluffy blending brush. It looks amazing! It gives just the right subtle pop of color and warmth without being overbearing, and makes the green in my hazel eyes stand out. I used this combo on my sister recently who has blue eyes and similar skin tone and it looked fantastic on her, too. Definitely one of my top 5 MAC shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!