MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 3/27/2015 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Expensive Pink is nothing like its name suggested, it is not pink at all but tend to be more of a orangey/coral shade, it is a very unique colour and highly pigmented, beautiful and lights up my eyes, either on the lid or on the crease, I always pair it with Shroom....

Will definitely repurchase...

on 3/2/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I ADORE this color. It is so unique with great dimension. On me, it's a warm pink/copper/gold. So hard to describe! The base color is a warm pink, but the metallic sheen is a copper/gold. It is absolutely stunning! It looks beautiful on both the lid and crease (or blended from the lid into the crease for a simple eye). I can't wait to wear it in the summer time. It's so richly pigmented and creamy and blends so well. I can't pull many pinks off, but this is almost a warm salmon, so it's lovely. It does NOT make me look like I'm sick or having an allergic reaction. It's incredibly flattering. It is a very special color, so I don't wear it everyday (but perhaps could in the summer!). You need this one. For sure :)

on 9/18/2014 4:26:00 AM

The most beautiful pinky, corally shade with hints of gold. Its a hard shade to explain but it is absolutely amazing. I love applying it all over the lid and was my go to summer look for a bit.

on 6/7/2014 7:22:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow colour of all time! A beautiful pinkish gold that goes beautifully over the eye. Like most MAC eyeshadows, it blends like a dream. I am not sure why other reviewers have mentioned that the pigmentation is poor because I think it is perfect. It very easy to apply and the colour payoff is great. In fact, my eyeshadow lasts all day on me (perhaps it is because I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face as a setting spray). I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

**if you're looking for a pigmented bright color that really sticks, look elsewhere!**

my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it.
it's got a VERY subtle pinkness to it, great for a gold/sunkissed face. I actually used it as bronzer+contouring!
has a soft gold hue with it as well, VERY light natural color.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Veluxe Pearl is my favourite MAC eyeshadow formula and Expensive Pink does not disappoint.

The colour is gorgous - a pink and gold, heavily shimmery shade. I'm a sucker for rose golds, so this was a must for me. It goes on very pigmented on my NC15 skin and the formula is so easy to work with. Goes on evenly and easy to blend - perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed!Color gorgeous but pigmentation sucks!Hard to get on brush en even harder to get on the eye lid.Put several layers but stil not very impressive. result

The UD X is an almost exact same color and much better quality eye shadow.M.A.C unworthy this one!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second go around with this shade. I picked this up almost a year ago and I'm just getting around to playing with it. Right off the bat once I took it out of its packaging I noticed that it looked a bit different and its nothing like the first EP I purchased. It feels very dry in texture and even the color just looks a bit off. I'm a tad bit bummed out because it came across more coral pink with gold. I will not go for round 3 on this shade as I'm pretty sure that I probably won't hit pan on this current one.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Expensive Pink is a medium salmon pink shade with a very noticeable golden duochrome. it is a truly unique eyeshadow! it has so much dimension and is just a 'glowing from within' kind of colour. i never often wear the same colours every day, but this one is definitely making me break my own rules.
thanks to it being a Veluxe Pearl, the pigmentation and consistency is a dream. for best results, i like to place this on my mobile lid, and also above, about half way to my brow. that way it lights up any crease colours that i put over it and has maximum impact. (i favour matte brows if anyone's interested) i also tried this over different eyeshadow bases, different browns, pinks and golds, but no, this to me, works best solo. it is just an untouchable colour! it got me some compliments as well!
for reference, i am fair mediterranean with brown eyes and brunette hair that is dyed a dark red colour. and this colour just fits me like a glove - but i really believe that this is universally flattering, though definitely test it out at MAC if you are unsure. if you are ordering online, filter the reviews for this colour to your skintone/hair/eye colour.
i am going to try this tomorrow with MAC Minted eye kohl in the waterline, as i think that will really nicely contrast with the pink and make it stand out even more.
this also really reminds me of 'All That Glitters' eyeshadow as well. if you just imagine the champagne colour in that, replaced with pink. then that's basically Expensive Pink! i swatched them both on my hand side by side and they both have that salmony gold finish. i uploaded a photo so you can see. hopefully it will help somehow!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

One of my most reach eyeshadows from MAC.