MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just picked up this shadow yesterday after hearing so many great things about it! It is an absolutely gorgeous pinky orange golden colour. Every angle you turn it changes colour and looks brilliant on my skin tone (NC25). I paired it with cranberry in the crease, sketch in the outercorner and shroom as my highlight and it looked gorgeous. It's also amazing just as a light wash on the lid for everyday. I definitely recommend this to anyone because it is such a versatile and flattering colour.

on 5/29/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite everyday go-to eyeshadow color. On my skin, it appears as a pretty neutral peachy-gold color with some shimmer. It will definitely appear different on different people depending on how dark or light they are. Seems to work well with all skin tones, but it has a different effect on each one.

on 2/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

This looked really nice and bronzy when I swatched it at the Mac counter, but unfortuntely on my eyes it's too pink and makes my look ill.. :( Can't complain on the quality and I love the finish! Just not my color.. Will put this up for swap

This is such a pretty color. It almost leans coral to me & I love how it looks different depending how youre lookin at it. very pigmented & easy to blend. Perfect for the summer or spring! It is also one of those eyeshadows you can put on the lid and blend it out & youre set!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is really Pretty. On my lids, it comes out to a corally/gold color. It has shimmer but its not gaudy at all. Def would repurchase

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not pink, it's more a peachy gold with hints of pink. I wonder why they named it expensive pink. It really reminds me of Nars orgasm blush in eyeshadow form except maybe not as warm as the blush. It's nice, i like it a lot. It really makes my complexion appear brighter and more awake. If you're not very dark or very fair, i think this is a great shade. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying it out in store because i think it will look different depending on your skin tone. I think this would look more coral on people who are lighter. I love wearing this all over my lid on lazy days, and im ready to go! Super pretty color.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- i don't remember the last time i used this as an eyeshadow. it is mainly for blush now- i just use a light hand with a soft powder brush.

Excellent quality (texture, pigment, colour) and that coveted duochrome effect adds so much dimension to the look. It looks beautiful.
this, star violet in crease n outer corner, and a nice smudgy black eyeliner kinda smoked out (mac smolder maybe)=beautiful look minimal effort.

on 1/18/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very peachy colour - on my nc43-44 skintone, you can barely see the pink undertones... however, this is a lovely colour and one that pairs well with colours like bronze, romp, twinks and star violet. A must have for lovers of neutrals!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite eye shadow, especially paired with M.A.C.'s Antiqued. So, so beautiful. I'm tempted to try it with Glamour Check, just to see how it looks.

This seems to look different on people, depending on their perspective. On me, it's a pinky, peachy, golden, salmony coral color. Gosh, it's so hard to actually describe!

All I know is that I don't have anything else like it and I've hit pan, so it's time to stock up again.

Unless someone knows of a near perfect dupe? I had heard Wet N Wild had an eye shadow called Penny, but that's been discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love Expensive Pink. It has a golden pink effect with my skin tone. It's a great lid color with a brown crease. Definitely will buy this again!