MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't say that I wear pink eye shadow very often, but I do really enjoy MAC Expensive Pink. It is a lovely lid shade for me that makes my blue eyes pop. I don't think the formula is phenomenal, but the pink with gold pearl looks great on the lid regardless. MAC shadows rarely perform this well in my opinion.

I never would have picked this for myself and wear it all the time. It's an amazing color and compliments green eyes so much. I love it!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

**if you're looking for a pigmented bright color that really sticks, look elsewhere!**

my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it.
it's got a VERY subtle pinkness to it, great for a gold/sunkissed face. I actually used it as bronzer+contouring!
has a soft gold hue with it as well, VERY light natural color.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Veluxe Pearl is my favourite MAC eyeshadow formula and Expensive Pink does not disappoint.

The colour is gorgous - a pink and gold, heavily shimmery shade. I'm a sucker for rose golds, so this was a must for me. It goes on very pigmented on my NC15 skin and the formula is so easy to work with. Goes on evenly and easy to blend - perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

A lot of makeup experts recommend this to be one of your first MAC purchases, so I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting my own MAC Pro eyeshadow collection. I adore this color. It's beautiful on my skin, it works with many other colors, and it's ALWAYS correct for any time, season, or occasion. I pair it with purples somewhat frequently, as well as reds and other pinks, with no problems. It's also an extremely user friendly texture - it doesn't take a lot of playing around with to look right. Warning: The gold shimmer will have a little bit of fall out, and will be all over your brush(es) unless you clean it/them really, really well.

on 10/24/2012 8:24:00 PM

One of my favorites. Great color payoff and really looks great with so many different colors. Extremely versatile and can be worn as part of a neutral daytime look or bold evening look. I can't usually wear pink shadows, but this somehow works. It applies really nice too. I am NW35 for reference.

This color looks absolutely horrible on my skintone (NC15)... I mean HORRIBLE. Maybe I will read some other reviews and see if there is some way that I can make it work.

on 9/23/2012 6:10:00 PM

So, im no make up expert,but ill try to give you my opinion on this .

1)Lovely color. Unique for my country,but heard that there is a cheap wet n wild dupe out there - penny its name- maybe you guys would consider buying the second one instead .

The color in the palette looks like a peachy copper. on my skin (NC20) it could be described as: a medium-toned copper with a golden-peachy sparkle ,WHEN DIRECT LIGHT IS CAST ON IT/ a rose color WHEN IT IS NOT DIRECTLY LIT. I know, it sounds very strange,but mac describes the color as pink with duochrome!

2) Excellent quality, color payoff, application. Typical good ol mac!

3)Im pretty new to this color, for the moment its working great with light beige-peachy shadows, such as naked lunch/all that glitters. Easily pairable with brown and gold shadows, "Powersurge" liner, black liner,black mascara. Sure that there are heaps of other combos.

4) Due to the rosy aspect of the color, make sure to have a clear , even skin, without any redness. Not talking only about the eye area, but also about the whole face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My favourite pink/coral eyeshadow. Its warm tones suites asian skintones, and looks incredible when paired with MAC Gleam. Side note: Swatched next to UD's Freelove, MAC is warmer, whereas UD displays more pink.