MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.5

on 3/27/2015 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Expensive Pink is nothing like its name suggested, it is not pink at all but tend to be more of a orangey/coral shade, it is a very unique colour and highly pigmented, beautiful and lights up my eyes, either on the lid or on the crease, I always pair it with Shroom....

Will definitely repurchase...

on 6/7/2014 7:22:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow colour of all time! A beautiful pinkish gold that goes beautifully over the eye. Like most MAC eyeshadows, it blends like a dream. I am not sure why other reviewers have mentioned that the pigmentation is poor because I think it is perfect. It very easy to apply and the colour payoff is great. In fact, my eyeshadow lasts all day on me (perhaps it is because I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face as a setting spray). I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/24/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The pigmentation is decent and enough for a colour of this kind to show on a fair complexion (I'm a NC15-20). It's not the most pigmented Mac eye shadow I own, though. If it doesn't work as an eye shadow for you, give it a try as a blush. Mac doesn't have a return policy in the UK (unless the product is faulty), so being inventive can save from binning products that failed to satisfy our needs.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second go around with this shade. I picked this up almost a year ago and I'm just getting around to playing with it. Right off the bat once I took it out of its packaging I noticed that it looked a bit different and its nothing like the first EP I purchased. It feels very dry in texture and even the color just looks a bit off. I'm a tad bit bummed out because it came across more coral pink with gold. I will not go for round 3 on this shade as I'm pretty sure that I probably won't hit pan on this current one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just picked up this shadow yesterday after hearing so many great things about it! It is an absolutely gorgeous pinky orange golden colour. Every angle you turn it changes colour and looks brilliant on my skin tone (NC25). I paired it with cranberry in the crease, sketch in the outercorner and shroom as my highlight and it looked gorgeous. It's also amazing just as a light wash on the lid for everyday. I definitely recommend this to anyone because it is such a versatile and flattering colour.

on 8/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this e/s! This is the PERFECT rose-gold I've been looking for. After having bad luck with Laura Mercier's rose gold metallic creme shadow (didn't show up on me) I decided to try Expensive Pink. I was worried this would turn just plain gold on me (NC30-35) as most rose-gold shadows do, but this stays true to color on my lids. The color is simply stunning and very unique/complex. It's a pinky rose with gold and peach undertones. This is a gorgeous color for summer, I've been just wearing it as a wash all over my lids and it looks wonderful. I can easily transition this shadow to work for fall as well, if I pair it with golds and browns. This is such a versatile, beautiful color worth owning. It is definitely my favorite eyeshadow of all the ones I own!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This pinkish/coral/gold color looks good on my eyes, but I absolutely cannot apply it all over the lid. I need a light champagne/beige color on my inner third eye so I don't look tired. The color does wake up my green eyes, though. Which I love. I enjoy wearing it with coppers, golds and reddish browns. I might repurchase. We'll just have to see :).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful color that lasts forever. Looks great with soft brown. It is very elegant color that I'd wear to a dance or party...wouldn't want it for an everyday though. Worth the money and one of my absolute fav Mac e/s!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- i don't remember the last time i used this as an eyeshadow. it is mainly for blush now- i just use a light hand with a soft powder brush.

Excellent quality (texture, pigment, colour) and that coveted duochrome effect adds so much dimension to the look. It looks beautiful.
this, star violet in crease n outer corner, and a nice smudgy black eyeliner kinda smoked out (mac smolder maybe)=beautiful look minimal effort.

on 10/1/2011 10:44:00 AM

I got this eyeshadow after seeing it used on MakeupGeek frequently.

It's a perfect daily eyeshadow as it's more peachy than pink. I'm pretty sure it will go with any color, though I usually wear it with gold.

And, as per usually with MAC, it stays on great, looks great, lots of pigment, etc. Definitely get it for a basic palette!