MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.4

on 10/30/2014 11:08:00 PM

I love MAC eye shadows. They're gorgeous all around and have so many to choose from. I recently bought this color and I love it!! It's a beautiful pinkish/gold and it looks gorgeous against my fair-medium skin tone. I have light green eyes and I've found that pinks, purples, and Browns look best against them & really make them stand out. This pink with a hint of gold really does the trick. I also love the fact that MAC eyeshadows are priced fairly low for the quality of the product. The only con I have about this eyeshadow is that I have to apply it excessively to get a highly pigmented color to show up on my skin other than that I would highly recommend this product!!

on 10/10/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this color in my crease for a soft look.

I never would have picked this for myself and wear it all the time. It's an amazing color and compliments green eyes so much. I love it!

on 6/7/2014 7:22:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow colour of all time! A beautiful pinkish gold that goes beautifully over the eye. Like most MAC eyeshadows, it blends like a dream. I am not sure why other reviewers have mentioned that the pigmentation is poor because I think it is perfect. It very easy to apply and the colour payoff is great. In fact, my eyeshadow lasts all day on me (perhaps it is because I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face as a setting spray). I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/27/2014 6:00:00 AM

Lousy pigmentation... I must say most of MAC eyeshadow have lousy pigmentation. Not sure why so many people rave about them. Everytime i went to MAC counter looking for a specific eyeshadow / eyecolour, I always left dissapointed. They look nice in the pan, but when i swatched them, couldn't see the colour at all. Pigmentation very bad, all glitter no colour. The matte ones appeared whities or muddy on my skin. Except for the very dark colour ones. My skin is fair, and usually can carry any colours quite well. UD, Make up Store and Bare Escentuals shadow certainly better, in formula, pigmentation en staying power. For the price, not recommended at all.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

**if you're looking for a pigmented bright color that really sticks, look elsewhere!**

my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it.
it's got a VERY subtle pinkness to it, great for a gold/sunkissed face. I actually used it as bronzer+contouring!
has a soft gold hue with it as well, VERY light natural color.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Veluxe Pearl is my favourite MAC eyeshadow formula and Expensive Pink does not disappoint.

The colour is gorgous - a pink and gold, heavily shimmery shade. I'm a sucker for rose golds, so this was a must for me. It goes on very pigmented on my NC15 skin and the formula is so easy to work with. Goes on evenly and easy to blend - perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed!Color gorgeous but pigmentation sucks!Hard to get on brush en even harder to get on the eye lid.Put several layers but stil not very impressive. result

The UD X is an almost exact color and much better quality eye shadow.M.A.C unworthy this one!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Expensive Pink is a medium salmon pink shade with a very noticeable golden duochrome. it is a truly unique eyeshadow! it has so much dimension and is just a 'glowing from within' kind of colour. i never often wear the same colours every day, but this one is definitely making me break my own rules.
thanks to it being a Veluxe Pearl, the pigmentation and consistency is a dream. for best results, i like to place this on my mobile lid, and also above, about half way to my brow. that way it lights up any crease colours that i put over it and has maximum impact. (i favour matte brows if anyone's interested) i also tried this over different eyeshadow bases, different browns, pinks and golds, but no, this to me, works best solo. it is just an untouchable colour! it got me some compliments as well!
for reference, i am fair mediterranean with brown eyes and brunette hair that is dyed a dark red colour. and this colour just fits me like a glove - but i really believe that this is universally flattering, though definitely test it out at MAC if you are unsure. if you are ordering online, filter the reviews for this colour to your skintone/hair/eye colour.
i am going to try this tomorrow with MAC Minted eye kohl in the waterline, as i think that will really nicely contrast with the pink and make it stand out even more.
this also really reminds me of 'All That Glitters' eyeshadow as well. if you just imagine the champagne colour in that, replaced with pink. then that's basically Expensive Pink! i swatched them both on my hand side by side and they both have that salmony gold finish. i uploaded a photo so you can see. hopefully it will help somehow!