MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

The perfect shade for many different skintones. This was my first Mac purchase when I first starting using their shadows. It is a Veluxe Pearl finish. Blends effortlessly. The color is a pinky/peach with gold. I like to use it with Mac Coppering, Trax, Make Up Forever 92, Melon pigment, Brown Script or even Espresso. I also use Femme Fi as a highlight whenever I wear Expensive Pink. This is truly a universal shadow.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This color was put on me yesterday by a MAC assoc. When she chose the color, I was like OMG that is going to look horrible on me! I was wrong. I could not stop ooohing and aaawing about how gorgeous it made me look. It is not a true pink, but at the same time I am not a true pink kind of girl. I would have to describe it as a frosted salmony, peachy, golden combo all swirled into one palette. It has a very soft pliable consistency. This was applied as my base over my entire lid and then RULE which is tangerine orange like was then applied at my outer corners and then HANDWRITTEN was applied as my dark contour! I was sexy as all get out! I personally could not have handpicked all three of these colors to blend well together. I can see this also blending well with amber lights as a base and then Expensive blended in also! I am pleased.

on 9/20/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great pink color for my tanned skin.

on 7/30/2008 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Expensive pink is such a beautiful color. For dark eyes, it is a must have as far as pinks go on. It goes on me more of a peachy color rather than pink. I always use a base, usually still life, or a shadestick (beijing). Put sable in crease and embark in the "Outer V". Finish the looks with boot black liquid eyeliner and blooz for the bottom lashes and waterline. HOT!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This color looks so beautiful in the pot. It appears to be a mid-tone rose tinged with golden shimmer. HOWEVER, once applied to my eyelids, it turns into something entirely different. It looks more like a soft melony shade on me. Matter of fact, it looks very similar to what I thought (and had hoped) Melon pigment would look like on me - but better. But I definitely don't see any pink in this particular shade beyond the pot.
Aside from that, I have to admit that the texture of Exp. Pink is wonderful! Since this is my first VP eye, I am just now seeing what I was missing in the other MAC eyeshadows. VPs wear much better than any of the others (even the mattes). They have better pigmentation, apply smoother, and last longer as well!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a color I never would have bought if my friend hadn't let me try her's first. It looked way too "melony" to work with my cool skin tone, but it looked much pinker on. I really like this shade, and it is a nice multi-use color. I also use it as a blush and a lip color (with a little chapstick or gloss). Nice color, and I will buy again.

on 12/30/2005 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

actually i loved this color in the pot,but when i wear it,it's too orangy on me,not pink enuff.i have a neutral skin tone,so i can just about wear any warm or cool toned colors....but not this one.but it's good for just a natural look when you dont feel like doing a whole face,and it looks good on the cheeks also.im not crazy bout it tho so therefor i wouldnt buy it again.looks better on warmer skintones imo