MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 11/15/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A beautiful colour but not a good one for us cool-toned girls. More like Expensive Orange. This is straight up coral with a gold shift on my NW 15 complexion. Really brings out the yellow in the whites of my eyes. Will be passing this on to a friend with a warmer complexion and beautiful brown eyes.

on 3/2/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I ADORE this color. It is so unique with great dimension. On me, it's a warm pink/copper/gold. So hard to describe! The base color is a warm pink, but the metallic sheen is a copper/gold. It is absolutely stunning! It looks beautiful on both the lid and crease (or blended from the lid into the crease for a simple eye). I can't wait to wear it in the summer time. It's so richly pigmented and creamy and blends so well. I can't pull many pinks off, but this is almost a warm salmon, so it's lovely. It does NOT make me look like I'm sick or having an allergic reaction. It's incredibly flattering. It is a very special color, so I don't wear it everyday (but perhaps could in the summer!). You need this one. For sure :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

A lot of makeup experts recommend this to be one of your first MAC purchases, so I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting my own MAC Pro eyeshadow collection. I adore this color. It's beautiful on my skin, it works with many other colors, and it's ALWAYS correct for any time, season, or occasion. I pair it with purples somewhat frequently, as well as reds and other pinks, with no problems. It's also an extremely user friendly texture - it doesn't take a lot of playing around with to look right. Warning: The gold shimmer will have a little bit of fall out, and will be all over your brush(es) unless you clean it/them really, really well.

on 8/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this e/s! This is the PERFECT rose-gold I've been looking for. After having bad luck with Laura Mercier's rose gold metallic creme shadow (didn't show up on me) I decided to try Expensive Pink. I was worried this would turn just plain gold on me (NC30-35) as most rose-gold shadows do, but this stays true to color on my lids. The color is simply stunning and very unique/complex. It's a pinky rose with gold and peach undertones. This is a gorgeous color for summer, I've been just wearing it as a wash all over my lids and it looks wonderful. I can easily transition this shadow to work for fall as well, if I pair it with golds and browns. This is such a versatile, beautiful color worth owning. It is definitely my favorite eyeshadow of all the ones I own!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!

on 7/16/2010 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was one of the first MAC shadows I purchased, and I've gone through so many of these! I love the color - it goes well with lots and lots of other colors.

on 7/3/2010 8:36:00 PM

Love, love, love (!) this color! It's my favorite finish (veluxe pearl), blends beautifully. Paired with "nylon" or "shroom" makes a great emergency eye fix... but so pretty you'll want to wear it all the time, and since it's quite neutral it goes with every. Instant sex kitten with some thick black eyeliner Quite pigmented. Will buy again and again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I can't believe that I've been a MAC addict for 4 years and never purchased this until now! Expensive Pink is a pinkie golden color with a touch of coral. Since this is a veluxe pearl, the formula is like butter. Can be used as a shadow, brow highlight, or even a blush. EVERY girl needs to have this in her makeup collection!!!!

on 10/7/2009 2:11:00 PM

This eyeshadow looks so beautiful in the pan. When on my skin, though, it seems to get more of a coral look, almost too much. I get compliments on the color when I wear it, but I'm not personally crazy about it. I dont' reach for it a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS!!!

I am normally a neutral gal; I don't stray too much outside of my comfort zone of golds and browns but another MUAer (Thanks emiko!) reccomended this and I am in love!

Do not let the name scare you off; its mor of a goldy salmony color than a true pink. its sooo versatile on my NC 44/45 skin. I can wear it with golds, bronzes, browns, oranges...purples..anything really.

One look I love that I adapted from a youtube video (LuluMakeup25) is MAC Rubenesque PP all over the lid as a base with Expensive Pink patted over it. MAC All That Glitters as a highlight and then MAC Saddle (you can use Cork) in the crease and then use Glamour Check (you can use TWINKS but I didnt have it) in the outer corner. Blend and VOILA! GORGEOUS look. Wearing it today :) Its very polished and work approrpriate but a welcome change from my usual browns.

I have also used this with MAC Bronze and MAC goldmine for pretty summer look.

I will definetly repurchase this as I find myself reaching for it all the time!