MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.4

on 8/19/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Love this color as an every day look with Saddle in the crease. Beautiful pink/coral that blends well and looks good with everything. I really pack it on for a more evening look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My favourite pink/coral eyeshadow. Its warm tones suites asian skintones, and looks incredible when paired with MAC Gleam. Side note: Swatched next to UD's Freelove, MAC is warmer, whereas UD displays more pink.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful color that lasts forever. Looks great with soft brown. It is very elegant color that I'd wear to a dance or party...wouldn't want it for an everyday though. Worth the money and one of my absolute fav Mac e/s!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not pink, it's more a peachy gold with hints of pink. I wonder why they named it expensive pink. It really reminds me of Nars orgasm blush in eyeshadow form except maybe not as warm as the blush. It's nice, i like it a lot. It really makes my complexion appear brighter and more awake. If you're not very dark or very fair, i think this is a great shade. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying it out in store because i think it will look different depending on your skin tone. I think this would look more coral on people who are lighter. I love wearing this all over my lid on lazy days, and im ready to go! Super pretty color.

on 12/26/2011 9:48:00 PM

Not my favorite MAC shadow - I usually love veluxe pearl textures but this doesn't come across on me the way most "pinkish" shadows that are flattering do. It isn't a true pink and the sheen doesn't flatter my brown eyes unless I literally blend it to death with a semi matte light brown. One of the very FEW MAC shadows I wouldn't repurchase. Most I have bought more than twice.

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

on 3/31/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had a difficult time writing a review for Expensive Pink, because I have mixed feelings about it. It's a very pretty color, and it's very pretty for daytime looks, but I don't use it very often. It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows and I think that's why I'm attached to it, but at this point I'm kind of indifferent about it. It's a little too boring for my taste. I still don't know if I'll repurchase.

on 3/27/2011 3:11:00 AM

Expensive pink is a beautiful and unique colour and I love how the texture of this eyeshadow is silky smooth. I would never have picked this colour out myself but my friend recommended it and I'm so glad she did. It is very wearable and is not too bright which is great for people who want a pop of colour but not something too gaudy.

on 3/1/2011 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love expensive pink :]
it was my first mac eyeshadow so i hold it dear to me ^^
it not really pink on my and on most people too i think
i comes of as a goldish/orange with some lil pink in it :]
over all very lovely

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ok for light WOC this is GREAT for an all over lid color!!! If you want more of a nuetral look just barely put any on but for the pink to really show you have to pack it on :D but either way it's a great color (btw its more of a brownish pink than it looks like in the picture with gold reflects) hope i helped :D