MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 1/26/2013 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Expensive Pink is described as a pink with duochrome and I have to say, I quite agree! A mix of pink infused with gold, with a slight hint of coral, it actually reminds me of a sunset, you know all those gorgeous colours illuminating the sky? When I apply it onto my eyelid, the pink and gold sheen really shine through to give it a beautiful dimension.The colour is very unique, Ive never seen an eye shadow like this before. Its definitely one of those shades that will look different on other peoples skin tone and eye colour. Oh, and applying and blending it is incredibly effortless its a Veluxe Pearl, which is my favourite MAC finish. My favourite way of wearing it everyday is by using Goldmine in the inner corner, Expensive Pink all over the lid, and then to really accentuate the gold tones, Woodwinked in the crease. It really creates a shimmering yet understated look.

I think Expensive Pink would also look amazing paired with Cranberry, Plum Dressing or Star Violet, either on the outer third or in the crease. Or, you could wear it all over the lid, and a little higher in the crease, and then tone it down with UD Naked or MAC Cork. It is definitely an eyeshadow that can be worn multiple ways!

on 4/15/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is such an amazing colour! I used to own Paradisco, but it was too orange for me. Expensive is what I wanted - mix of pink/gold/coral with a lovely finish. I like to pair this with Omega in the crease, touch of Signed&Sealed around the lashline, some matte white eyeshadow, black gel liner and mighty aphrodite/dollymix blushes. Maybe this colour doesn't suit anybody, but it's a fun! I am happy to have this eyeshadow in my MAC collection.

on 3/25/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a georgous color!!!
I got this e/s as an extra last time I went to a Mac store, mainly cause I heard so many girls raving about it. I didn't mean to purchase it in the first place but I'm so glad I did.
I would describe the color as a nice antique pink, with a nice touch of gold in it.
This e/s is so easy to use, the finish is a veluxe pearl, and that's my first and only e/s so far with this finish. So maybe it's due to this finish but I just love the quality of it. I feel like the e/s is almost creamy, and you don't need a lot a product to actually have a nice color on the eye.
I think this color is flattering on anybody. I find it harder for pale skin / blue or green eyes to find an e/s shadow that's flattering and to me, expensive pink is an excellent choice.

I find that the best way to use it is to apply it on the lid. Looks good when used with satin taupe, paradisco, passionate. Well it can be used with many colors.

this makes a great blush/bronzer, so if you can't make it work as an eyeshadow try it as a blush! gorgeous

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know what it is about pink eyeshadows but they just don't work with my skintone. Maybe I haven't found a good complimentary color to match with Expensive Pink doesn't look at all pink when I put it on. It has a nice shimmer and the color payoff is okay but if anything, I'll maybe use it as a crease color.

on 1/18/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very peachy colour - on my nc43-44 skintone, you can barely see the pink undertones... however, this is a lovely colour and one that pairs well with colours like bronze, romp, twinks and star violet. A must have for lovers of neutrals!

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

OMG, my new HG pink! Soooooo gorgeous. I can't get enough of it. I will admit, it's a little overwhelming in the crease (as I have NC15 skin,) but it's awesome on the lid. A lovely coral-pink shade with gold glimmer. Great color pay off. Can be layered on to look really bright. I recently put this on my lid and cut the crease with Print and Electra. Wow!!! I loved the result. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 7/1/2009 12:49:00 PM

I bought this color from previous F&F sale event. I was a little hesitant at first with the name "pink" as I do not want to look like a 13 year old. I actually went to the store and experiment it and I love it! It is more peachy, brown, gold color than pink. I have it today on my lid and just a little of brown (down brown color) at the "V" corner and it looks great. I took only 5 minutes of my time in the morning. This would be in my everyday collection now!

on 1/30/2009 2:50:00 PM

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Over the top frost and pinkeye in a powder. It made me look like a sick (as in "ill") drag queen. It's hard to imagine how this can look good on anyone. Dark brown eyes, medium olive skin for reference.

Gorgeous! This is a pink/peach shade with a significant amount of gold shimmer. It goes on smooth and the color remains consistent & even. Definitely one of the more "girlie" shades that I own and I love it!