MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

this makes a great blush/bronzer, so if you can't make it work as an eyeshadow try it as a blush! gorgeous

on 4/10/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

They color payoff is amazing, very rich. Smooth and blendable too. It's a gorgeous color, but the duochrome effects aren't that obvious, not on me at least. Or maybe I'm just used to duochromes being very light reflective and shimmery (ex. MAC Blue Brown piggie) However, I LOVE the color in the pan and on light skin, but on my dark skin it's kind of awkward - a very bright golden coral-y orange color with a small hint of pink. Maybe with other colors it would look better. I should try using it over a hot pink base to bring out the pink, will update once I've tried it. :)

So, it's not bad, it's just I don't like the color on me.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

OMG, my new HG pink! Soooooo gorgeous. I can't get enough of it. I will admit, it's a little overwhelming in the crease (as I have NC15 skin,) but it's awesome on the lid. A lovely coral-pink shade with gold glimmer. Great color pay off. Can be layered on to look really bright. I recently put this on my lid and cut the crease with Print and Electra. Wow!!! I loved the result. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 7/1/2009 12:49:00 PM

I bought this color from previous F&F sale event. I was a little hesitant at first with the name "pink" as I do not want to look like a 13 year old. I actually went to the store and experiment it and I love it! It is more peachy, brown, gold color than pink. I have it today on my lid and just a little of brown (down brown color) at the "V" corner and it looks great. I took only 5 minutes of my time in the morning. This would be in my everyday collection now!

on 3/4/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This was my first MAC eyeshadow, and after I had it 2 days I lost it. And I still don't know how. I put it on my bed before I went to work and when I came back home, I couldn't find it anywhere! After 2 weeks i gave up and went and bought a new one. But here's the kicker its costs BDS $43! (US $21.50). That's $86 on one shadow! Now here's why I love it so much. It's the most beautiful rose gold eyeshadow that I've ever seen. It's lovely on my caramel skin tone and it reallymakes my eyes pop. The texture of the shadow is soft and velvety and it stays put all day until i take it off. Love it!

on 1/30/2009 2:50:00 PM

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Over the top frost and pinkeye in a powder. It made me look like a sick (as in "ill") drag queen. It's hard to imagine how this can look good on anyone. Dark brown eyes, medium olive skin for reference.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After finally giving this a try, I fell in LUV! not only does the pink/orangy gold compliment my NC45 skin, it blends perfectly. I use soft orchre as a base ( dont need much) I put EP on and blend so if fades lightly into Vanilla pigment I use as my highlighter..beautiful!

Gorgeous! This is a pink/peach shade with a significant amount of gold shimmer. It goes on smooth and the color remains consistent & even. Definitely one of the more "girlie" shades that I own and I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love! I haven't really gotten into eyeshadows until recently and I find myself using this alot. Pretty pinky color with gold that goes so well with my NC30 or so skintone and brown/green eyes. I use it by itself alot of the time or with other eyeshadows for more drama. Very pretty!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure