MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 1/19/2009 3:00:00 AM

oh veluxe pearl eyeshadows -- if i had enough talent to write a love sonnet dedicated to how much i love all of you, i would. id even recite it while strumming a mandolin and wearing what craig ferguson referred to as shakespearean pantaloons during an interview with james mcavoy. the scottish charm was too much, i think i may have passed out from all the bantering, but im pretty sure shakespearean pantaloons were mentioned. but i digress from my love of veluxe pearl eyeshadows.

that being said, expensive pink is not my favorite of the bunch (that honor goes to all that glitters) simply because i dont find myself reaching for it too often. expensive pink, true to its name, is a neutral pink that has an undertone of a very warm gold that could almost be mistaken for a very, very light copper color (the undertone, not the eyeshadow itself, if that makes sense). as a result, it goes well with other eyeshadows with gold, copper, or bronze undertones (MAC woodwinked and bronze are two favorites), as well as with colors in the pink or plum categories. the texture is to die for, the staying power is wonderful. continued >>

on 10/26/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another ES which I have hit pan on a few times! This is not pink as the name implies.. it is a golden/pinky/bronzy shade which is fantastic on brown eyes, hazel eyes, green eyes and last but not least, blue eyes. In short, it is a great ES which works well with most eye colors.

I have applied this to women with dark complexions, with tan complexions, and to very light PPP's.

It is one of my staples for personal and client use.

love it and always have my back up on hand.

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

on 1/24/2011 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why do I continuously buy pink eye shadows? I know they make me look tired. I know they never suit me. I know they make me look like I have an eye infection. Expensive Pink is no exception (that rhymed!). However, for what it is, it is a nice color with good payoff. It just does not work with my skintone.

on 11/15/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A beautiful colour but not a good one for us cool-toned girls. More like Expensive Orange. This is straight up coral with a gold shift on my NW 15 complexion. Really brings out the yellow in the whites of my eyes. Will be passing this on to a friend with a warmer complexion and beautiful brown eyes.

on 4/16/2012 6:25:00 AM

I got this shadow a couple of years ago and I have never really touched it until now as I was afraid it would look really orange and unflattering on me as I am very pale but have warm/neutral undertones (NC15, maybe a bit lighter).

However I am on a mission to start wearing brighter colours instead of neutrals and browns all the time as I have so many pretty colours I never use. I decided to try this out today and I am so glad I did! I wore it all over the lid with Wedge as transition colour, Blanc Type as browbone highlight, Espresso in the outer v, crease and lower lashline with Urban Decay's Sin in the inner corner and lined my eyes with black liner.

It is such a lovely colour that really makes my green eyes stand out. On me it is a corral, pinkish gold. It has a very nice smooth texture as it is a Veluxe Pearl and great pigmentation. Definitely one of MAC's better eyeshadows. I don't think it would be very flattering on really cool skintones though.

Now that I've tried it out im definitely going to be wearing this a lot more over the spring and summer and whenever I run out I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Expensive Pink is definitely one of MAC's most unique colors. The pink isn't one that will make anyone look tired/red-eyed since it's more of a peach-pink with a gorgeous gold duochrome that complements all eye colors beautifully.

When i first go this i was a little nervous about it.
Normally pink make my eyes look so tired.
But this eye shadow is so different!
It's a warm color. So it doesn't make you look tired at all
You can build it up and down. Which is good for work/school
I think i looks best on fair/medium skin color, just because you can't really see it in darker skin colors.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely STUNNING color! It's a lovely warm golden-pink, and looks simply amazing on my NC45 skintone. Perfect to wear alone for everyday, or can be deepened with another warm shade for a nice effect (used Sketch in the crease today, and I love it!). The formula is so smooth, I couldn't be more pleased with this!

Great pink eyeshadow with a gold shimmer. If you're familiar with MAC pigments, this is somewhere between Melon and Rose pigments. Not as bright as rose, but has the gold shimmer that those two have. Looks good as a lid color with a neutral or warm brown in the crease. This is just a solidly good MAC eyeshadow. It lasts well, blends well and isn't too loud or hard to work with. It is also a versatile shadow that could be used in everyday looks or bold looks.