MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 11/23/2004 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This e/s is gorgeous, someone below described it exactly how it shows up on my skin, a gorgeous peachy pink with gold tones to it! It shows up great on my GGG skin and like the other VP e/s it goes on smoothly and really stays on! If you don't think you can wear pink e/s, you have to try this one out because it is definitely not your "usual" pink e/s! Atleast not for me =)

on 1/11/2005 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Beautiful finish and texture.
I am a SF C2 and this comes out as a golden pink. I love to combine it with Star Violet or Maroon pigment.

on 1/30/2005 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shadow is one of my HG's! The texture is a dream, the color and pigmentation is amazing, and the price is right! This goes very well with Shroom, Rose pigment, and melon pigment.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

An incredible color, to be sure -- Expensive Pink is an uber-pearly blend of warm pink (bordering on coral, to me) and intense gold ... and the formulation is fantastic (sweeps on like silk, and is highly pigmented).Unfortunately, the color shows up more pink than golden pink on my FFF skin, and because my eyes are so light blue in color, the contrast simply makes me look like I've contracted pink eye. Not good. But the color is so gorgeous that I've decided to give it a go as a blush :-).If you have brown eyes and warm coloring overall, I think this shade would look incredible on you, and if I had different shading, I'd probably be able to pull this one off. I won't repurchase, but wrote my review based on the color itself and its formulation (not how it looks on me). continued >>

on 5/23/2005 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely peachy color that's great on medium-toned to tanned/dark Asian and Hispanic skin. Really brightens the eye to give it a very nice glow. Love it! Love the texture too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this color shadow! It is a very natural pink with a hint of gold. I love pairing it with MAC Bagatelle shadow. The texture of the shadow is really soft, it feels so nice on the eyes. The color saturation is great as well. This is a great versatile pink shadow. I highly recomend picking it up.

on 10/10/2005 12:44:00 PM

Veluxe Pearls are some of the better MAC shadows out there--buttery-smooth and very pigmented. "Expensive Pink" is a blend of slightly shimmery strawberry-red and warm-toned gold, making it look like a coppery rose on my MMM/AAB skin. Pretty but not essential, particularly if you have pink tones in your skin (might make you look rabbity).

on 11/14/2005 9:29:00 PM

Now I see why everyone raves about veluxe pearls...what a nice shadow! Very powdery soft and a gorgeous shimmery velvety texture. I think the name "Expensive Pink" is a bit off...I get WAY more copper out of this than pink. It looks a lot like a softer, less red Milani Flare. (Which is a good thing, because Flare can look awfully harsh and garish if misused.) This color makes my grey-blue eyes really sparkle! But I can see how this wouldn't work for everyone. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 11/17/2005 9:36:00 AM

Great complex colour, blendable and gives a smooth finish - Veluxe Pearls are my favourite finish from MAC. However, this colour just wasn't too flattering on my colouring (NC30) - I tend to wear cool colours better than warm (some warm colours I can work, but not this one unfortunately). It showed up as fairly coppery peach on me as well, and I already have a few other e/s that are similar to this, which I hardly ever wear (I tend to wear peaches more in the hot seasons, and I don't wear copper e/s very well). I swapped this away after a couple of wears, it's still a great product, but it would look better on someone else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, this is a peachy pink golden color which I like to pair with Sable eyeshadow to give me that perfect peach/brown combo. The texture is smooth and blendable, and it is actually quite pigmented so a little goes a long way.