MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.2

on 3/27/2015 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Expensive Pink is nothing like its name suggested, it is not pink at all but tend to be more of a orangey/coral shade, it is a very unique colour and highly pigmented, beautiful and lights up my eyes, either on the lid or on the crease, I always pair it with Shroom....

Will definitely repurchase...

on 10/10/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this color in my crease for a soft look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed!Color gorgeous but pigmentation sucks!Hard to get on brush en even harder to get on the eye lid.Put several layers but stil not very impressive. result

The UD X is an almost exact color and much better quality eye shadow.M.A.C unworthy this one!

on 12/22/2011 11:59:00 AM

This comes off as a coral color on my skintone (NC15)
I like the shimmer and I am not certain how I feel about this color even though I have worn it 3 times since I got it!

I guess I could take it or leave it.

on 10/26/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another ES which I have hit pan on a few times! This is not pink as the name implies.. it is a golden/pinky/bronzy shade which is fantastic on brown eyes, hazel eyes, green eyes and last but not least, blue eyes. In short, it is a great ES which works well with most eye colors.

I have applied this to women with dark complexions, with tan complexions, and to very light PPP's.

It is one of my staples for personal and client use.

love it and always have my back up on hand.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I resisted this eyeshadow for a long time because i hate most "pink" eyeshadows. But this really isn't pink! Its more of a copper-gold-pink which is very flattering to brown eyes. It's shimmery but not overly so, as the case with all of the MAC Veluxe Pearls. I really like this color, used with a light hand of course, with a dark brown shade as a liner. Makes for a great "jazzed-up neutral" work look.

on 1/23/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I avoided buying Expensive Pink for a very long time because everytime I swatched it at the MAC counter, it just seemed to scream "ORANGE" at me. I'm not comfortable with the thought of wearing orange eyeshadow. Anyway, on my lids, this really isn't as orangey as it is coppery. The sheen saves it and I can wear it! While EP is okay as an allover lid color, I like to wear it on the center of my lids with MAC Steamy on the outer corners, and a light neutral (ie. MAC Naked Pigment) on inner corners and brow bone. I put a light wash of MAC Deep Shade (although I'm sure most dark blue, gray, brown, or even green e/s would work) in the crease, line with a dark, shimmery navy, and this combo gave me a nice daytime eye. I really like the gold reflection that comes from EP depending on the light. To me, it is a real eye opener as well as an eye brightener. I think EP is a great e/s becuz it would look nice with most any eye color.

on 9/6/2008 1:27:00 PM

This is a great color to wear for summer. I would describe the color as Rose Gold and it would look great with a tan!

Very pretty shadow. Very nice with blue eyes.

on 5/23/2005 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely peachy color that's great on medium-toned to tanned/dark Asian and Hispanic skin. Really brightens the eye to give it a very nice glow. Love it! Love the texture too.