MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

3.9

on 11/15/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A beautiful colour but not a good one for us cool-toned girls. More like Expensive Orange. This is straight up coral with a gold shift on my NW 15 complexion. Really brings out the yellow in the whites of my eyes. Will be passing this on to a friend with a warmer complexion and beautiful brown eyes.

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

on 8/30/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love the color its a perfect pink with a gold hint

on 5/11/2010 12:12:00 AM

I rather enjoy this color. If I'm going simple I throw this on my lids with my nymphette lipglass and a little blush, I like its kinda peachy coral on me.

on 2/19/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this based on the reviews of make up lovers here and on youtube. I bought it and found that it was not a flattering shade on me. It seems as if there is a duochrome sheen to it. I've tried to work with it multiple ways but haven't found a way that looks good yet. It's sitting in my collection and hasn't been touched for months now. Maybe I'll bring it out and try to play with it.

on 9/10/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love MAC's Veluxe Pearls, so it was a given this would become part of my stash at some point. Expensive Pink is a chameleon .. what looks mostly pink in the pot .. doesn't quite appear that way once applied. It's an odd color, in that it tends to change colors once applied. When on, it actually pulls more peachy with a heavy gold sheen. This looks amazing paired with Sketch or Beautymarked, and as with all VP's, glides on like silk and has great color payoff. Not my favorite MAC shade, but definitely one that I think most skintones could pull off and find a use for.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I forgot how pretty this looks on. I've had this es for a long time and I guess I take it for granted how pretty it looks alone or a great accent shade. Today I put EP in the crease and brought it on the outer half of my lid, blended Jest on my whole lid, and Shroom on my brow bone. I then lined my eyes with Teddy eye kohl. It made my eyes pop, but still looked understated.

on 11/14/2005 9:29:00 PM

Now I see why everyone raves about veluxe pearls...what a nice shadow! Very powdery soft and a gorgeous shimmery velvety texture. I think the name "Expensive Pink" is a bit off...I get WAY more copper out of this than pink. It looks a lot like a softer, less red Milani Flare. (Which is a good thing, because Flare can look awfully harsh and garish if misused.) This color makes my grey-blue eyes really sparkle! But I can see how this wouldn't work for everyone. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 1/11/2005 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Beautiful finish and texture.
I am a SF C2 and this comes out as a golden pink. I love to combine it with Star Violet or Maroon pigment.