MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't say that I wear pink eye shadow very often, but I do really enjoy MAC Expensive Pink. It is a lovely lid shade for me that makes my blue eyes pop. I don't think the formula is phenomenal, but the pink with gold pearl looks great on the lid regardless. MAC shadows rarely perform this well in my opinion.

on 11/15/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A beautiful colour but not a good one for us cool-toned girls. More like Expensive Orange. This is straight up coral with a gold shift on my NW 15 complexion. Really brings out the yellow in the whites of my eyes. Will be passing this on to a friend with a warmer complexion and beautiful brown eyes.

on 3/2/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I ADORE this color. It is so unique with great dimension. On me, it's a warm pink/copper/gold. So hard to describe! The base color is a warm pink, but the metallic sheen is a copper/gold. It is absolutely stunning! It looks beautiful on both the lid and crease (or blended from the lid into the crease for a simple eye). I can't wait to wear it in the summer time. It's so richly pigmented and creamy and blends so well. I can't pull many pinks off, but this is almost a warm salmon, so it's lovely. It does NOT make me look like I'm sick or having an allergic reaction. It's incredibly flattering. It is a very special color, so I don't wear it everyday (but perhaps could in the summer!). You need this one. For sure :)

I never would have picked this for myself and wear it all the time. It's an amazing color and compliments green eyes so much. I love it!

on 6/7/2014 7:22:00 PM

My favourite eyeshadow colour of all time! A beautiful pinkish gold that goes beautifully over the eye. Like most MAC eyeshadows, it blends like a dream. I am not sure why other reviewers have mentioned that the pigmentation is poor because I think it is perfect. It very easy to apply and the colour payoff is great. In fact, my eyeshadow lasts all day on me (perhaps it is because I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face as a setting spray). I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

**if you're looking for a pigmented bright color that really sticks, look elsewhere!**

my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it.
it's got a VERY subtle pinkness to it, great for a gold/sunkissed face. I actually used it as bronzer+contouring!
has a soft gold hue with it as well, VERY light natural color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

Oh, Expensive Pink, you looked so beautiful in the pan. Why do you have to look completely ridiculous on me? You are way too bright and coral, with dare I say a hint of unflattering orange, against my cool toned fair skin. Sigh, we were not meant to be.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't own many MAC shadows, but I do like this one a lot. I'm not sure that it's terribly unique now, but at the time that I got it it kinda was. I am very fair with red hair and blue eyes, and I find that this is a really pretty shade for me. However, it also does work nicely on darker eyes and skintones as well. It's nicely pigmented and wears pretty well, but I do need primer with all MAC shadows.

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!