MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.7

on 6/1/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I bought this I was doubtful that it would apply well but when I got it home and tried it I was impressed. I find that the shadow gives a really nice shimmer and it blends well into other colours, (I tried this out with "Carbon" and "Handwritten"). I think this shadow is great for green eyes which was another one of my worries when buying. I'm glad I decided to invest in this shadow as it's now one of my favourites.

on 2/5/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I expected to love this. It loked so beautiful swatched, I instantly fell in love with it and I was looking at it again and again for months before I bought it, and a few weeks ago I finally did.
The problem I have with it is, that on my lids this color doesn't look nearly as special as it does swatched :/ It is just a goldeny pink. I have to be really careful t use it, because if I wear it with the wrong shades of brown it looks weird. I can't even describe what it is, maybe it just doesn't really suit me.
The pigmentation is perfect for my needs - not too sheer, but not too opaque either - and I love the finish.
I don't know if I would repurchase, but I can definitely say that it is a color worth having, if it suits you :)

When i first go this i was a little nervous about it.
Normally pink make my eyes look so tired.
But this eye shadow is so different!
It's a warm color. So it doesn't make you look tired at all
You can build it up and down. Which is good for work/school
I think i looks best on fair/medium skin color, just because you can't really see it in darker skin colors.