MAC Veluxe Pearl - Sumptuous Olive

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gold shadows are a problem for me, they are either too yellow and look sickly on me, or they don’t show up and there’s just a sheer wash of shimmer. I hoped Sumptuous Olive would be a good gold for me because of the olive in it. On my light skin with olive and pink undertones, this shadow looks more like an antique gold with the ever-so-slightest hint of olive color. I have dark brown eyes, solid colored, no rays or flecks. It holds up well, but on a windy day at the beach with very high humidity the shadow did fade into the crease of my eyelid creating a void. I like the color, but I it isn’t one I would reach for very often so I decided I wouldn’t buy it again. After forcing myself to pass up my everyday favorite (Laura Mercier in African Violet) one day in favor of this to give it one last try, my husband said “wow your eyes look amazing.” So I decided I needed to keep this shadow in the regular rotation and will probably buy again, unless I find another gold I like better.

Took off a lippie as I find that it always creases and is slightly hard to blend out. Having said that, it's a great colour to make brown eyes look a little less boring. I apply this in crease with a light gold on the lid. I imagine it would look gorgeous on hazel eyes to bring out the green. I'm torn between this and Greensmoke, which is slightly more pigmented but less sparkly. Both are nice but it depends which use you want to prioritize.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I've owned this shadow for a couple years and the last time I used it I noticed its duo-chrome nature for the first time. Go figure. I have hazel eyes and--I think--a neutral skin tone. This shadow once applied looks very neutral on me. Even though it looks looks green in the pan. I've been using it a lot lately. These MAC shadows blend like a dream. This is a unique color and even if you own lots of different green shadows I think you would still really enjoy this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour has really grown on me lately. In the pan, the colour looks just as the name describes - olive. However once you start to apply this colour, you will notice it is more complex and is more of a duo chrome shade. It's finish is similar to Satin Taupe on my lids - slightly shimmery but more of a satin finish. The colours look like a mixture between antique gold, taupe, and olive and looks as though I've applied several colours. Today I wore this on my lid along with Wedge in the crease as a transition shade and there was no need to apply a darker colour to the outer corners as it already looked like a natural smoky eye. The longevity is great too - I wore it for ten hours over primer with no creasing. I'm NC20 with green eyes and thos works really well against my skin tone and eye colour :),

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This would be in my top 5 eyeshadows of all time! It is the most versatile shadow I've ever used. On my skin, it shows as definite green, with a rose-gold or brown duochrome. I can use this by itself and blend it out without a crease color. I can use it with Cork, Expensive Pink, Swiss Chocolate, Star Violet, or any gold shadow, or just alone. This is a must-have in my book.

This is a gold-olive duo chrome with copper-pink metallic shine. As with all mac veluxed pearls the formula is on point, buttery soft blendable versatile can be used with any shades practically. VELUXED PEARL is my favorite formula because all of them are duo chromes/iridescent... looks like the sheen on actual pearls.
This is my first one purchased with the price decrease and I couldn't be happier, it's so nice they lower them by half.
I love this eyeshadow it's one of my favorites. It looks amazing on green eyes. I don't think it's similar to any eyeshadow I have or seen its unique and gorgeous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful! It doesn't look very green on me - more like a varnished, antiqued gold when worn on the lid. When worn in the crease, it is a brown that pulls almost copper if blended out. Pigmented, dimensional, blends well. No shimmer, just lovely metallic sheen.

I love it with Ricepaper in the inner third, Sumptuous Olive in the outer two thirds and then Cork in the crease. Another fun combo is Sumptuous Olive on the lid and Amber Lights in the crease.

A must-have for brown eyes!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this shade so much, but I just can't like the shade on me. It pulls a off gold colour on me with no green. It makes my dark brown eyes really pop! It's soft and silky and super easy to blend out. Recommend it to others, it just doesn't work on me!

I purchased this on a whim, and it looked a little different in the light of the shop than what it did when I got it home and applied it. It's a beautiful colour - partly green, partly gold/bronze-ish. It's definitely one of the nicer greens I've seen for sale.
I like it, and like all MAC shadows it applies beautifully and lasts all day but I was hoping for something just slightly greener or less gold. I doubt anyone would notice the difference between this and Woodwinked once applied and that's why I won't re-purchase once I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm usually not a fan of green eyeshadows at all, most of them come off looking street walkerish lol. One day I was in MAC and had just discovered how nice their eyeshadows were and I couldn't help but be distracted by Sumptuous Olive. I kept going back and looking and swatching it. I was a bit scared cause it's a green shadow and lots of them never work for me but this one had the prefect amount of gold and brown undertones to it so I bought it. Best decision ever! It's the only green shadow I will ever purchase. It's not too Forrest green, its definitely not a bright green, it's a gold green with some bronze undertones. It works great for people with hazel eyes and brown eyes. It's a veryt multidimensional looking shade as well, depending on what brushes you use it can almost looks like you're wearing two different colors. I love pairing this with woodwinked which is a gorgeous gold and I also pair it with swiss chocolate for a sexy green smoky eye. The texture is so smooth and very pigmented. No fall out! It's a veluxe pearl so it has a beautiful shimmery sheen to it. MAC shadows are a bit expensive but I think it's worth every penny. Thank you MAC for helping me conquer my fear of green shadows.