MAC Veluxe Pearl - Sumptuous Olive

4.5

This is a gold-olive duo chrome with copper-pink metallic shine. As with all mac veluxed pearls the formula is on point, buttery soft blendable versatile can be used with any shades practically. VELUXED PEARL is my favorite formula because all of them are duo chromes/iridescent... looks like the sheen on actual pearls.
This is my first one purchased with the price decrease and I couldn't be happier, it's so nice they lower them by half.
I love this eyeshadow it's one of my favorites. It looks amazing on green eyes. I don't think it's similar to any eyeshadow I have or seen its unique and gorgeous.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour has really grown on me lately. In the pan, the colour looks just as the name describes - olive. However once you start to apply this colour, you will notice it is more complex and is more of a duo chrome shade. It's finish is similar to Satin Taupe on my lids - slightly shimmery but more of a satin finish. The colours look like a mixture between antique gold, taupe, and olive and looks as though I've applied several colours. Today I wore this on my lid along with Wedge in the crease as a transition shade and there was no need to apply a darker colour to the outer corners as it already looked like a natural smoky eye. The longevity is great too - I wore it for ten hours over primer with no creasing. I'm NC20 with green eyes and thos works really well against my skin tone and eye colour :),

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I've owned this shadow for a couple years and the last time I used it I noticed its duo-chrome nature for the first time. Go figure. I have hazel eyes and--I think--a neutral skin tone. This shadow once applied looks very neutral on me. Even though it looks looks green in the pan. I've been using it a lot lately. These MAC shadows blend like a dream. This is a unique color and even if you own lots of different green shadows I think you would still really enjoy this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This would be in my top 5 eyeshadows of all time! It is the most versatile shadow I've ever used. On my skin, it shows as definite green, with a rose-gold or brown duochrome. I can use this by itself and blend it out without a crease color. I can use it with Cork, Expensive Pink, Swiss Chocolate, Star Violet, or any gold shadow, or just alone. This is a must-have in my book.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful! It doesn't look very green on me - more like a varnished, antiqued gold when worn on the lid. When worn in the crease, it is a brown that pulls almost copper if blended out. Pigmented, dimensional, blends well. No shimmer, just lovely metallic sheen.

I love it with Ricepaper in the inner third, Sumptuous Olive in the outer two thirds and then Cork in the crease. Another fun combo is Sumptuous Olive on the lid and Amber Lights in the crease.

A must-have for brown eyes!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this shade so much, but I just can't like the shade on me. It pulls a off gold colour on me with no green. It makes my dark brown eyes really pop! It's soft and silky and super easy to blend out. Recommend it to others, it just doesn't work on me!

I purchased this on a whim, and it looked a little different in the light of the shop than what it did when I got it home and applied it. It's a beautiful colour - partly green, partly gold/bronze-ish. It's definitely one of the nicer greens I've seen for sale.
I like it, and like all MAC shadows it applies beautifully and lasts all day but I was hoping for something just slightly greener or less gold. I doubt anyone would notice the difference between this and Woodwinked once applied and that's why I won't re-purchase once I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm usually not a fan of green eyeshadows at all, most of them come off looking street walkerish lol. One day I was in MAC and had just discovered how nice their eyeshadows were and I couldn't help but be distracted by Sumptuous Olive. I kept going back and looking and swatching it. I was a bit scared cause it's a green shadow and lots of them never work for me but this one had the prefect amount of gold and brown undertones to it so I bought it. Best decision ever! It's the only green shadow I will ever purchase. It's not too Forrest green, its definitely not a bright green, it's a gold green with some bronze undertones. It works great for people with hazel eyes and brown eyes. It's a veryt multidimensional looking shade as well, depending on what brushes you use it can almost looks like you're wearing two different colors. I love pairing this with woodwinked which is a gorgeous gold and I also pair it with swiss chocolate for a sexy green smoky eye. The texture is so smooth and very pigmented. No fall out! It's a veluxe pearl so it has a beautiful shimmery sheen to it. MAC shadows are a bit expensive but I think it's worth every penny. Thank you MAC for helping me conquer my fear of green shadows.

I just love duochromes!

It's am olive green/khaki dirty brown with a pearlescent finish. Very buttery and gives a full colour payoff.

I effing love this shade! it's a super easy way to add a hit of colour to your everyday eye makeup.
A must have for everyone, esp for hazel eyes or brown :D Seriously, go buy it, you won't regret it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I could never wear green(nw15 blue eye) but this shade with some Khaki tone looks pretty on the lid and not makes my skin tone looks weird, it's my everyday color now.