MAC Veluxe Pearl - Plum Dressing

3.5

on 5/6/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

An iridescent plum with gold sheen. On application needs a little work, not highly pigmented. Some patchiness noted. Great autumn/winter colour.

Astoundingly bad. So bad that I cannot believe MAC have the audacity to sell this. This is the worst eyeshadow I have ever used. It has the worst pigmentation of any eyeshadow I've ever used, including literally the cheapest makeup you can buy. There is no point in trying to wear this. What's all that about?? It's honestly incredible that they take money from people for this trash. You have to dig in extremely hard, and the colour is still weak. It will give your skin a slight stain for a while and then disappear.

Just awful on every single level. 1/5 lipsticks is honestly too much for this. It is worth a few pennies and no more. Shame on MAC for charging so much money for this; it's a scam.

Not nearly pigmented enough! I wanted to pick this up as a replacement for Hepcat which was recently discontinued (WHY?!?!?). This is the closest color Mac has that would work as a substitute. However the color payoff is not there for me. It is a similar warm purple on the pinky fuchsia side, but not a full duo chrome chrome like Hepcat. Definitely not mpressed. I actually found a better, more pigmented rlacement in my shimmer88 palette.

on 9/29/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Very disappointed since Plum Dressing is a Veluxe Pearl - the pigmentation is very mediocre and it's hard to get decent colour pay-off. Online swatches led me to believe it was a medium purple with berry undertones. It's not, instead it's a shimmery flat red and incredibly similar to Cranberry, although Cranberry is MUCH more pigmented. In the photo I've uploaded, it took me 3 heavy-handed swipes to get the intensity you can see, as opposed to one swipe for Cranberry. I definitely will not repurchase. I hate wasting products so I just use Plum Dressing in the outer v with Cranberry all over the lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is extremely disappointing, especially coming from MAC. The colour is vibrant upon application (granted it took quite a few swipes) and blends really well, however, after half a day the colour disappeared! I always use a primer underneath and all of my eyeshadows (including cheap drugstore ones) had no problem staying on my lids except this one. Such a shame because this is such a beautiful colour...I think I'll get MAC's Cranberry next time since I've heard people describe it as a more pigmented version of Plum Dressing.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color is pretty but the pigmentation could be better. I mostly use this to get a little shimmer because most of my colors are matte. When I want it to be very noticable I have to use quite a bit though. So it's a little shear but can be built up. Not my very favorite but not bad.

on 1/31/2013 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not as pigmented as I would come to expect from MAC. Would not repurchase.

on 7/25/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was at my Mac store to buy an new eyeshadow. I brought an eyeshadow in Plum Dressing. I brought it home and try it out. It gave me a sheer of colour but I had to layer it on to see the colour. But the Plum Dressing made my brown eyes pop out. But when I swatch it in the store it show up darker on my hand but on the eyeshadow brush it gives you a sheer colour. I won't be buying this eyeshadow again.

on 10/6/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is a lovely plummy purple. The pigmentation is decent, although not as good as some of my other MAC shadows. I love using this color in the crease with Swish on my lids. It also looks great as a lid color with Beauty Marked in the crease for a nighttime look. I've never had a problem with fading. The color is more of a wash of color rather than a bright pop of color, so it is a nice way to add some zest to my work-friendly makeup routine.

This shade is reddy pink on me... not plum at all. Additionally I find the texture to be more like a satin. It doesn't apply smoothly nor does it blend like other veluxe pearls. I love purples and own most of the ones MAC makes but this one is a dud. I definitely would NOT recommend. Check out my blog for pics:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>