4.2

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I wasn't a fan of this at all. I use a bunch of different shampoo's and this was very harsh. It made my hair fall out! I'm a member of the long hair community so I know good shampoo and know what ingredients to look out for. I'm saying I should have known better then to buy this. I finished the bottle years ago and I still remember this one because of how my hair reacted. If you do get this maybe try watering it down so it's not as strong. That will also make it last longer.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I've used two lines of this product. The first, Lemon Sage Thickening, is wonderful. Not strong, lightly scented and is great for thin or oily hair that needs a healthy boost but is weighed down easily. Loved this one. On the other hand, I purchased big bottles of the Tea Tree Special Invigorating shampoo and conditioner. At first, it was great. Much stronger than the previous Lemon one. The tea tree was a lot more potent with a strong tingly feeling. That didn't bother me. My hair still loved it. But, after a few days, I developed a horrible, itchy rash on my chest. The ER doc put me on 60mgs Prednisone to no avail. I narrowed the problem down to the tea tree shampoo. This rash was nasty! Never had ANY allergies to food, product, etc in my life. Just a warning- some people can be extremely sensitive to this stuff. There really should be more product warnings.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

Very good shampoo. Husband bought it for himself - daughter and I have stolen it! Husband likes the "tingly" sensation; I just like the smell, and my scalp doesn't react to it. Still searching for my own HG shampoo, but this one isn't bad. And I would purchase it, again.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I purchased the Paul Mitchell tea tree special shampoo and conditioner about 3 months ago. The large litre bottles were on sale at my salon and I had heard good things about it so I decided to try it. I was having some issues with an itchy scalp and found the shampoo and conditioner were awesome. I love the smell and I like the way my scalp feels tingly and clean after I use it. I would recommend only using this shampoo two or three times a week though, as it does end up drying my scalp if I use it too often. The conditioner is a little light but I don't normally have issues with tangles so it worked fine for me. I will be buying again when I run out!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

I just started using the tea tree shampoo an conditioner for my dry scalp. So far i have no complaints except for the fact just using them alone can be drying for your"e hair. What i learnt to do that really helps me an has made my hair so soft an so shiny i even think its making my hair grow using them is i mix the shampoo with my regular shampoo which is lanza"s healing strength shampoo i just use a little. More of the tea tree then for a conditioner i mix the tea tree an my Moroccan oil conditioner just a little an i have found my hair too be so soft an shiny i love it. I think the smell at first can be a bit over powering but once you get use to it you grow to not minding it. i have only been using it for about a week but i have seen a lot of changes in my hair it doesn't get oily as fast my hair can get oily at times i can skip more days between washes . My itching has gone away for the most part i do recommend these an i would purchase again.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

4 years ago

At first I was pretty happy with the results I got from using this, my hair got oily just as fast but it gave a very clean feeling and my hair seemed lighter and bouncier. Yesterday (after three weeks of use) however my scalp started itching like hell. I was at work and seriously could not concentrate because it was itching so bad. I think the tea tree shampoo and conditioner are to blame. Ironically, I bought these products to reduce the oiliness in my hair but instead I got an itchy scalp, which is what they are supposed to combat. Pretty disappointed.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

5 years ago

I have puffy, curly and frizzy hair but also a dry gross scalp and this product was so refreshing. Leffy my hair and scalp feeling super clean and bouncy. Has a really nice lather and refreshing scent. I didn't care so much for the conditioner (a bit too light), but this shampoo pairs really well with a deep treatment conditioner. Would definitely buy the shampoo again!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesBrown

5 years ago

In 2012, I started noticing I had a lot of issues with my scalp and hair. My scalp had become extremely dry, itchy and flaky and my hair at my roots was disgustingly greasy, no matter what I had washed my hair with or how I often I washed my hair. I went to a dermatologist several months later that told me I had seborrheic dermatitis and gave me a disgusting liquid that just made my scalp itch even more and left me with even greasier hair. After three years of suffering with this embarrassing condition, I finally decided to give PM's Tea Tree line a shot and have been so thankful I did! The shampoo and conditioner literally saved my hair. My scalp has cleared up and my hair no longer looks greasy and limp. I have very thick, color treated hair so I can't stand to wash my hair everyday. Thanks to the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner, I can get away with washing my hair every other day. It doesn't strip my color it and it smells divine. The smell wakes me up in the mornings and makes my scalp feel instantly refreshed. I also like the lavender mint Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner too, because that is a little more moisturizing for my hair. Give the Tea Tree line a shot, you won't be disappointed!

About reviewer (356 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

5 years ago

I just want to share my results from the shampoo and conditioner from this line. Well, I believed that I had clogged hair follicles. That is why I began using the shampoo and conditioner. Yes, my scalp developed sore pimples, and my hair was coming out way more than it should. I read an article online about the benefits of tea tree oil shampoos then decided to try the Paul Mitchell line. The results were great. In about a week of washing my hair everyday my scalp cleared up, and the amount of hair loss went back to the normal range . For this alone, I love Paul Mitchell tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. It's wonderful, because my hair looks so good too. My fine, color treated hair is shiny, and manageable. By color treated, I mean my normally grey hair has been dyed a blonde in the golden range. A little bit of my gold stripped away, but not enough to bother me. It is just a lighter golden blonde shade that I love anyway. I was hoping the shampoo would provide enough clarifying for my scalp with out being too harsh on my hair. I am very pleased that it worked in that regard for me. I have a layered hairstyle, and this shampoo and conditioner helps to keep volume in my hair as well. My scalp is not oily, so I assumed product buildup on the scalp is what lead to my scalp problem. However, if my scalp and hair issues were something other than buildup on the scalp, Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner resolved whatever the problem was, and I am thankful to Paul Mitchell. After my problem was corrected with my hair and scalp, I only have to wash and condition my hair every three days. And, no additional color change in my blonde has occurred yet. I have been using the tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner for a little over two months now. Still very happy. I'd like to add that I am over due a visit to my hairdresser for my roots to be done. Due to bad weather, and some other circumstances that occurred. I am also very glad my hair and scalp will be in good shape when I see my hairdresser.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I love, love, LOVE this shampoo! I've been using it for YEARS. I've been having a lot of scalp issues since 2013 and this helps keep everything under control. This is the ONLY brand I will purchase a tea tree shampoo from. Be careful though because this CAN dry out your hair. Either use a good conditioner or a good leave-in along with this product!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24