Aveda Caribbean Therapy Body Creme

No Image

3.9

on 4/1/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yes, this lotion moistens my skin ALL day but that's the only great thing it does. This cream is too thick to apply it correctly, and you end up using almost half the tube after only one shower.

Moreover, it is really expensive, and I can't stand the smell. I will not repurchase.

on 7/24/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love the smell and the feel of this product on my skin. Expensive but worth it.

on 10/29/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very thick, smells good, but I'm just not sold on the quality for the price. I mix this w/an unscented Lubriderm, to help it apply easier. I doubt I will re-purchase.

on 10/26/2009 12:12:00 AM

I love this cream!!! Smells Heavenly. It is thick, but great for winter. And it sinks in right away. I fell in love with it when I got a hand massage at an Aveda store. They even gave me a sample, in a little bottle. Let me tell you once it runs out, I am running to get some more. I think I like the smell, more than the hand creme from Aveda, which is also nice. Regardless, this is expensive, and would be more of a "treat yourself" kind of purchase, but I am addicted now....and I have a feeling it will last a while, like most other Aveda products.

on 2/17/2008 2:00:00 AM

This is my favorite Aveda line. It's exquisite, thick, the smell is intoxicating, it protects and moistens my skin ALL day. My skin has actually been breakin out a lot less since I started using this(yes I DID formerly have body acne). That's not it's purpse, but the lack of chemicals, and abundance of healthy ingredients just make it so! The reviewer below me is right, price may be a tad over fair.

on 11/27/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I have a problem with having itchy skin and it's disappeared since I've been using this. It is very thick, especially good for the winter. The smell is very natural and soothing. It's expensive, but well worth it. It tend to clump up if you use too much, so keep a light hand during application. It's wonderful but too expensive which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/5/2007 8:37:00 PM

I'm in the process of working my way through all the treatments at my local Aveda spa (what can I say, I'm a hobbyist), and the one that uses this cream at the end is totally decadent. It's a combination of mango and cocoa butters, so expect your skin to glow when this sinks in -- whether you're doing the slathering or someone else is doing it for you. Plus I love that it's not a Coppertone type of beach smell. It's much more earthy and subtle.
$26 for a 6.7 oz tube. continued >>

on 12/8/2006 8:11:00 PM

This creme is very rich and is fantastic during winter months.It's great for moisturizing the legs after shaving or epilation.My only two concerns with this product are the price and scent.I got a tube as a gift,and I myself would never pay $26 for a body moisturizer.As for the scent-it seems pleasant at first,but than it turns kinda sour and basically stinks.I'm sure it's just me and my sinuses,but I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 8/20/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had my hair colored, and while waiting for the color to process, they sat me down and massaged my hands and arms with this. So that is why I bought it. After I got home with it, I decided it smelled extremely bad. After I've rubbed it on it smells like pepper. As a moisturizer it works alright. Very thick, takes a few minutes to penetrate. And stinks. Well....the scent DOES last and last, but that's not a good thing to MY nose!

on 8/2/2007 7:40:00 PM

I'm sorry to say that this is horrid smelling on me. It smells almost exactly like a citranella (bug killing) candle. I gave it two lipsticks because it feels luxurious and truly softens my skin, however I can not ever repurchase, I can't even use what I have......worst I've ever had as far as fragrance :(