Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Panthenol, Barley Extract, Coffee Seed Extract, Wild Pansy Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Arginine, Serine, Threonine, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Its an alright conditioner. It left my hair feeling kind of weird and gunky. The smell is a bit odd but nothing too horrible. This conditioner didn't really work well for me, I feel like it doesn't really wash out of my hair properly, no matter how hard I try. Wouldn't buy again.

on 2/16/2012 3:44:00 PM

WHY didn't I read the reviews before I purchased this? I have long highlighted hair that is pin straight. I purchased the "new and improved" conditioner and this made my hair SOOOO tangley and snarly! I must say however, that the end result (once I put other product in it) was really nice. My hair looks great but I don't really contribute it to this conditioner. I even used it twice in the shower and used a ton thinking it would make it better? No. Will NOT purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I first started using this product when I had virgin hair...I had to avoid my roots or they would get super greasy very quickly! I don't typically have greasy hair--hence buying shampoo for dry hair...I just prefer ultra rich conditioner to reduce frizz and flyways for my naturally wavy/curly hair. It did leave my unprocessed hair soft and manageable otherwise.
Fast forward a couple of months, I begin getting my hair lifted to go from almost naturally black to platinum blonde. I know how greasy this made my roots so I thought it would deep condition my now very processed but not otherwise damaged hair. I believe it left my hair moderately conditioned, but only when used in conjunction with another conditioner and leave in conditioner, once weekly washing, and minimal heat styling with thermal protection.
Fast forward to three lifts later, I switch to dove nourishing oil conditioner and my hair loses all brassiness and is super soft with no other conditioners, thermal guard, and I'm washing every two days like I prefer to.
So I guess I'm saying it wasn't for me! If you have dry scalp+dry hair issues (I'm talking corse hair) and need your roots conditioned, this should be great. Maybe use this as a leave in as long as you're not a blonde trying to avoid brass.
The smell wasnt great but not bad. Packaging was okay but not great. Consistency was very thick which I did love! I've used better mostly natural and all natural conditioners, but for now I'm switching back to chemical, cone filled conditioner bc I prefer having super soft silky shiny manageable great smelling hair ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this conditioner when my hair was very dry and damaged from a bad haircut, dye, and perming. It was actually better than the Biolage crap I had been using previously, plus it smells much nicer. It really did help give my hair more moisture and slip.

PROS:
- Affordable
- Easy to find
- Gives decent moisture and softness
- Good slip
- Nice smell
- Mostly natural ingredients
- Thick, creamy consistency

CONS:
- Also has some not so natural ingredients
- May not have enough slip for some
- Not recommended for CO washing

It is cheap and mostly safe. I'm not sure if it was just my batch but when I put the product in my hand it had some weird shimmer, pearl essence to it. I returned it the next day.

on 8/3/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pros: cheap, has a nice mild scent, thick and easy to use
Cons: makes my hair texture very straw-like, hard, and tangly.

This was the worst conditioner I've ever tried for my hair, and left it feeling hard and straw-like. I've used it several times, and never liked the outcome. I've never had that experience with any other conditioner I've used. Shampooing alone without conditioner is even better for my hair than this; I simply cannot figure this conditioner out.

on 6/19/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Works decently well for a cheap natural conditioner. Has a pleasant scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Price is nice but this was horrible for my hair-dried it out & I had tangling & breakage. Returned it for Aubrey S&C which is more expensive yet completely worth it.

Love this stuff. Hair is moisturized enough without feeling weighed down or coated with silicone.

on 1/25/2009 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good product. Not great, but I would repurchase.

I just recently highlighted my hair so it has become slightly dry. I read reviews about other Nature's Gate conditioners so I went for this one since it's for damaged hair.

I use it as a regular conditioner after I shampoo my hair. I rinse it out after letting it sit for about 2 minutes. Right before I get out of the shower, I rub a dime size through my shoulder length hair and leave it in for the entire day. It is not greasy or heavy so it doubles as a regular conditioner and a leave-in.

I think it added moisture the first day. Today was the second day that I used it and I didn't see a huge difference. It's worth the price and better than most drug store conditioners. I paid $7.99 at Whole Foods. So, like I said, it's not great, but it's good enough to buy again.