Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
Bobbi Brown Creamy ConcealerCreamy ConcealerCreamy Concealer

3.5

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ozokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007)

I've seen comment in here about creasing , in bb video u will see that she pack a tons of moisturizer under , this is to avoid that. and sa always said use eye cream prior this , there is reason why they said it. highly suggest to use a lot of moisturizer under and then u will see the beauty of this cream. this thing wake me up like an instant.

Bobbi Brown's Corrector and Concealer are next to her iconic foundation stick, her show case products. I'm sorry to say that all three are stuck in the 90's. Bobbi Brown has very dry skin this is why she is one of the few companies to hold onto this pan stick, petrolatum based make-up that certainly does provide opaque coverage, but at the cost of looking not at all natural.

For someone famous for the all natural look this corrector and concealer combination is glaringly obvious and I am not the first to have said this.

The rationale behind Bobbi's Dark Circles Emergency Kit (which she lovingly calls the 'Secret of the Universe) is that by using a corrector first, the concealer just "sit better" on top of the corrector. Think of the corrector like a priming canvas that sets the base for the concealer to stay on top and sit nicely. The corrector should be either peach, pink or bisque to counteract the blue greyish hues that occur at the tear trough. Concealer which should either be a shade or two lighter or exactly match your foundation is then layered directly on top.

Kudos to Bobbi Brown for creating a comprehensible and in theory brilliant idea, however due to the very nature and texture of both products, the execution and application is completely chaotic, to say the least.

Both are petrolatum based so they are definitely hydrating and incredibly emollient but not greasy surprisingly, not as much as it used to be in the 90s anyway. And so when the two are layered together make for a very squidgy, gunky, slippery mess. I have used this with and without the hydrating eye cream(overpriced by the way), without the brush with the brush, sponge and pinky finger. My pinky was able to deposit just the right amount without taking it off again. There is a fine line between blending and taking something off people!

The only plus I can attribute to this regimen is that the shades are very good and do correct my dark circles immediately! If only the application were a bit easier, not to mention that god awful pale yellow powder you need to set this with which definitely must be set as it creases something awful. With and without that stark pale yellow powder this creased terribly. Having to touch up concealer throughout the day is a big no no for me.

How can she think this can possibly continue to survive with the multitude of high definition beautiful natural liquid concealers out there that apply beautifully, stay on, dont crease, are hydrating also and contain SPF!

Bobbi brown's corrector and concealer are too heavy full stop, and using one or the other or both is simply product overload for that area which is prone to fine lines that this will definitely reveal, not conceal!

Completely counter-intuitive to its purpose. I will not be purchasing this again or recommending it to anyone. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer with it;s simple quick easy doe foot applicator and long lasting hold is definitely superior to this.

on 9/18/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SKIN BACKGROUND: Very fair, sensitive, cool/blue undertones, mild rosacea, smooth.
PRICE: $25 ($15 with pro discount Naime's)
COVERAGE: Wonderful for those under eye dark bags. The coverage is super even and not cake-y while still being full coverage.
FINISH: Can look a little odd without proper blending. With the right blending tools, it's perfect.
TEXTURE: Creamy and feels like butter (in a good way)
LASTING POWER: AMAZING!!!!! All day long!!! Pesky zits to cover? Bye bye zits! You won't be seen under this until it's washed off. No reapplying needed.
SHADE: Porcelain
PACKAGING: Can be a little hard to open for the technically challenged like myself. But I think the little mirror inside is adorable.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Not at all.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Absolutely!!!
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: If your under-eyes are dehydrated, this product doesn't work as well. I definitely recommend using moisturizer before putting this on and letting that soak in a bit.
FINAL CONCLUSION: Absolute FAVE!! Everyday use for this girl. I couldn't survive without my concealer. This is the best one I've used so far.

xoxo ~Katy

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hmm.. I think I have found my hg concealer. This concealer is very creamy and easy to apply. I have a very red zit and it covered it up almost completely. It did not clump because it's not dry. I got natural tan because I am naturally tan and it blended in nicely with my skin.. do not even need foundation just to make my concealer blend. This is perfect if you just have a spot or something to cover up but don;t want to wear a full face of foundation.

on 8/14/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this. I bought this to pair with the Corrector, but I prefer them both on their own. I have some super serious dark circles under my eyes. Seriously, it looks like I got punched in the face at all times (chock this up to hereditary + deep set eyes). This concealer is indeed creamy and moisturizing, but still packs a pigmented punch to diffuse my dark circles. It's also nice on blemishes, as it's creamy enough to deal with flakey skin. I absolutely have to set this with powder, as it will slide off my oily skin if I don't.

on 3/8/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

My under eye: very dark and defined circles on fair skin, extremely dry, delicate and flaky.

This is my go to concealer. It works well and hides dark circles, works even better if paired with the corrector.
Unfortunately it gets cakey unless used with the Bobbi Brown eye cream - I bought this cream (which is really nice and delicate I have to say) so it works well.
Also, it seems expensive but it lasts very long - in the long run it's better value than some drugstore ones that cost half the price but last only a few weeks.

For blemishes it's also amazing, just be sure to apply powder over it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I feel like Bobbi Brown has some of the most skin tone like concealers. I find that brands like Laura Mercier and Mac have products too pink or yellow. For example, mac studio finish NC20 looks like yellow paint on me and NW20 is noticeably pink. Like wise LM 0.5 works but is a tad yellow and 1 is just pink on me.

I have BB ivory and it makes my skin perfectly. I wear this when I don't need any highlighting under my eyes. I do feel like this concealer is sometimes a but too tacky for my liking and takes a little more work than some of my other concealers. I feel like the Marc Jacobs concealer is similar without the almost sticky-ness. I would urge your to try the Marc Jacobs one if you didn't like BB

Coverage: Medium - Full
Texture: So Tacky!
Crease: Yes
Drying: No

on 1/20/2014 9:13:00 PM

I do really like this concealer.. expensive but it lasts a very long time. Does not dry out, you can use to the last drop!

I use it with the corrector... great combination

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I needed an under eye concealer that didn't look cakey, that covered really well, and that was good for my dry under eyes. This concealer works really well for me. BB is the only brand that has a shade lighter than my skin tone, and that is Porcelain. It is full coverage, creamy, and can crease a little, but so do most concealers. I would rather smooth it out with my finger a couple times, than wear one that dried out my skin and had no coverage. I've been really impressed with this concealer, and I will continue to repurchase.

I'd be lost without this. I've used it for years and it's great.

It's creamy and covers my blue under eye circles.

I pat in on the skin and it just works.

The only downside is that if you do touch your face it does transfer and comes off easily. You can set it with powder but in my experience the powder makes the concealer darker and you lose the light reflecting quality.

I wear Porcelain foundation but use this in Ivory- a shade darker than recommended on BB chart, but it works for me because I have found that the Moisture Rich foundation in Porcelain is in fact darker than some of the other BB foundations in the same shade.

I'd give it 5*s except it does tend to need touching up over the day but is easily applied and the small mirror in the compact is useful.