Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
Bobbi Brown Creamy ConcealerCreamy ConcealerCreamy Concealer

3.5

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ozokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hesitated a long time before buying this, because it's hard to buy where I live, pretty expensive and I didn't know which colour to get. Then I found a website where they explained which would be the right shade to counter the colours you have in your dark circles. This made it easy to order (since I didn't need a salesperson's advice), so I did!

I was a little sceptical at first, because it looks just like any other concealer and I had been let down before by the big expensive brands. But the moment I put it on, my dark circles vanished. I turned my face round and round in front of the mirror to look at my eyes from all angles, but I just couldn't see the darkness anymore! It all looked like normal skin!

My dark circles are red/brown (not blue/green, which I always thought was the only option btw) so I got porcelain peach. I use it almost daily and one package lasts my a bit longer than one year.

It's less thick (more creamy) then I expected when I first opened the box. It goes on easily, spreads great and it covers almost if not aaall of the reds and browns in my skin. I use it after applying eye cream and on work days I use Chanel concealer and Clinique foundation powder on top of it. That way I look the best I can get :) and everybody thinks I don't wear makeup!

This corrector does not crease or blotch or show dryness, it's like you're not wearing anything. I was afraid it would be a weird colour on it's own, but sometimes I wear only this, without concealer/powder on top, and it looks good.

For me one of the most important things about beauty products is that they don't irritate my skin. My skin is very sensitive and products that never do a thing to the regular crowd give me eczema after using it for a few days/weeks. This one does not! Whoopee!

I will probably keep buying this till the day I die (or till the day dark circles suddenly become a fashion statement, wouldn't that be great). I hope it will make you as happy as it made me.

on 7/27/2018 6:51:00 PM

This was one of the first concealers I ever used that didn't flake or crease on my very dehydrated skin. It's not the best concealer and not the cleanest concealer (I'm on a journey to finding a very low impact, petrol-free, micro plastic-free makeup replacement for everything) but works very well when I need medium coverage especially under my eyes and under my nose where I have a ton of redness due to broken blood vessels.

on 1/12/2018 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The texture is too thick for me, and after few hours its get flakey if your primer is weak. When i use it with smashbox primers, than it stays long without flakes, anyway, i dont like the idea that i cant trust it.
But the covarage is nice, texture is fine, easy to blend.
Dont like this type of package, becouse of oxidation, of which product can be damaged. And all the bacterias or some dust can be added in use.

on 6/6/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love my Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Concealer, but bought Creamy Concealer last week for those days when I need a little more coverage.
The texture is quite thick - more paste-like than cream - and comes in a tiny pot (it used to be 2g when I last used it regularly, and now it's gone down to 1.4g) but you need very little so it will probably last quite a while.
It covers dark circles effectively and even made my slight undereye bags appear to recede.
Getting the right balance of eye cream/moisturiser - concealer - powder with a new product takes some trial and error, and I found that after a few hours my undereye area did look a little drier than with the Serum Concealer and fine lines looked more pronounced.
Update: I've been using this for six months now and find what works best is to let your moisturiser/eye cream sink in, apply concealer with a brush, and a few minutes later pat in with a finger and then set with powder. This gives great coverage without settling into lines.
Update 14/04/18; not sure if it's because my skin was drier during winter or if I was trying too hard, but I've had several days where this product made my fine lines more obvious. This is harder work than a wand concealer that you can throw on in the morning and forget about.
04/06/18; On the plus side, I've returned to using eye cream regularly instead of just using my facial serum and moisturiser around my eyes. I'm using Clinique All About Eyes Rich for day and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair eye cream at night over serum. The condition and hydration of my eye area had improved which is helping my concealer go on more easily and smoothly. Also, use eye cream generously and allow to sink in before applying concealer.

I've seen comment in here about creasing , in bb video u will see that she pack a tons of moisturizer under , this is to avoid that. and sa always said use eye cream prior this , there is reason why they said it. highly suggest to use a lot of moisturizer under and then u will see the beauty of this cream. this thing wake me up like an instant.

Bobbi Brown's Corrector and Concealer are next to her iconic foundation stick, her show case products. I'm sorry to say that all three are stuck in the 90's. Bobbi Brown has very dry skin this is why she is one of the few companies to hold onto this pan stick, petrolatum based make-up that certainly does provide opaque coverage, but at the cost of looking not at all natural.

For someone famous for the all natural look this corrector and concealer combination is glaringly obvious and I am not the first to have said this.

The rationale behind Bobbi's Dark Circles Emergency Kit (which she lovingly calls the 'Secret of the Universe) is that by using a corrector first, the concealer just "sit better" on top of the corrector. Think of the corrector like a priming canvas that sets the base for the concealer to stay on top and sit nicely. The corrector should be either peach, pink or bisque to counteract the blue greyish hues that occur at the tear trough. Concealer which should either be a shade or two lighter or exactly match your foundation is then layered directly on top.

Kudos to Bobbi Brown for creating a comprehensible and in theory brilliant idea, however due to the very nature and texture of both products, the execution and application is completely chaotic, to say the least.

Both are petrolatum based so they are definitely hydrating and incredibly emollient but not greasy surprisingly, not as much as it used to be in the 90s anyway. And so when the two are layered together make for a very squidgy, gunky, slippery mess. I have used this with and without the hydrating eye cream(overpriced by the way), without the brush with the brush, sponge and pinky finger. My pinky was able to deposit just the right amount without taking it off again. There is a fine line between blending and taking something off people!

The only plus I can attribute to this regimen is that the shades are very good and do correct my dark circles immediately! If only the application were a bit easier, not to mention that god awful pale yellow powder you need to set this with which definitely must be set as it creases something awful. With and without that stark pale yellow powder this creased terribly. Having to touch up concealer throughout the day is a big no no for me.

How can she think this can possibly continue to survive with the multitude of high definition beautiful natural liquid concealers out there that apply beautifully, stay on, dont crease, are hydrating also and contain SPF!

Bobbi brown's corrector and concealer are too heavy full stop, and using one or the other or both is simply product overload for that area which is prone to fine lines that this will definitely reveal, not conceal!

Completely counter-intuitive to its purpose. I will not be purchasing this again or recommending it to anyone. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer with it;s simple quick easy doe foot applicator and long lasting hold is definitely superior to this.

on 9/18/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SKIN BACKGROUND: Very fair, sensitive, cool/blue undertones, mild rosacea, smooth.
PRICE: $25 ($15 with pro discount Naime's)
COVERAGE: Wonderful for those under eye dark bags. The coverage is super even and not cake-y while still being full coverage.
FINISH: Can look a little odd without proper blending. With the right blending tools, it's perfect.
TEXTURE: Creamy and feels like butter (in a good way)
LASTING POWER: AMAZING!!!!! All day long!!! Pesky zits to cover? Bye bye zits! You won't be seen under this until it's washed off. No reapplying needed.
SHADE: Porcelain
PACKAGING: Can be a little hard to open for the technically challenged like myself. But I think the little mirror inside is adorable.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Not at all.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Absolutely!!!
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: If your under-eyes are dehydrated, this product doesn't work as well. I definitely recommend using moisturizer before putting this on and letting that soak in a bit.
FINAL CONCLUSION: Absolute FAVE!! Everyday use for this girl. I couldn't survive without my concealer. This is the best one I've used so far.

xoxo ~Katy

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hmm.. I think I have found my hg concealer. This concealer is very creamy and easy to apply. I have a very red zit and it covered it up almost completely. It did not clump because it's not dry. I got natural tan because I am naturally tan and it blended in nicely with my skin.. do not even need foundation just to make my concealer blend. This is perfect if you just have a spot or something to cover up but don;t want to wear a full face of foundation.

on 8/14/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this. I bought this to pair with the Corrector, but I prefer them both on their own. I have some super serious dark circles under my eyes. Seriously, it looks like I got punched in the face at all times (chock this up to hereditary + deep set eyes). This concealer is indeed creamy and moisturizing, but still packs a pigmented punch to diffuse my dark circles. It's also nice on blemishes, as it's creamy enough to deal with flakey skin. I absolutely have to set this with powder, as it will slide off my oily skin if I don't.

on 3/8/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

My under eye: very dark and defined circles on fair skin, extremely dry, delicate and flaky.

This is my go to concealer. It works well and hides dark circles, works even better if paired with the corrector.
Unfortunately it gets cakey unless used with the Bobbi Brown eye cream - I bought this cream (which is really nice and delicate I have to say) so it works well.
Also, it seems expensive but it lasts very long - in the long run it's better value than some drugstore ones that cost half the price but last only a few weeks.

For blemishes it's also amazing, just be sure to apply powder over it.