4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

"Would you buy it again?" - if only! I have about 8 or 10 of Stila's single eyeshadows. They are quite large pans and they've also been designed to be fairly easy to remove from the plastic compacts if you want. The colours I have are so pigmented and beautiful but the only problem is that with the exception of Kitten (which seems to be their "flagship" colour), you can no longer purchase the singles. Some of their better ones did get put into the "Eyes are the Window Spirit" palette but far too many of them - La Douce, Cloud, Starlight, Grace and so many others - are no longer available. I am glad I have these shadows and that they are large enough pans that I'm not likely to finish any of them for a good few years. But I don't understand why they'd discontinue this excellent range of shadows (mind you, I can't figure out why Benefit also got rid of almost all their wonderful powder and cream shadows from a few years ago).

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Out of all eyeshadows, Stila are my favorite. For the reference, I'm comparing to MAC, Urban Decay, Chanel, Dior, Sisley. I can't think anything bad about Stila: - the colors are vibrant; - no fallouts; - blends beautifully; - lasts all day; - doesn't crease even without any primer (no other eyeshadow perform well on my eyes if I don't use a primer); - no eye irritation (I have very sensitive eyes). HG! The only brand I'll continue to buy.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I got this in shell as it's the type of pinky-taupe shimmer I use on the regular and I wanted a lot of it. It's not My favorite formulation for eyeshadow, but I have no complaints. The color payoff is pretty good and I could wear this down to the pan.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I'm not original. At all. Like everyone else, I love the Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten. I prefer wearing this eyeshadow wet (you get a lot more a sheen with it). If I'm feeling extra special one day I'll pull this shadow out and pop it on the lid. I'll add some matte browns/greys in my crease and I'm all set! I love how this shadow is very pigmented. I don't have to continuously dip my brush into the product to get an even sweep of product across my lid. I give it an A+ on my grading scale! I would repurchase (I would imagine it'd take you forever to get through one of those Stila Eyeshadow singles!)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I have a Luxe Eyeshadow Palette (which was a gift as Stila is not readily available in Scotland where I live) that has 9 Stila eyeshadows (matte and sparkly) so I would say that it is a good range to be able to form an opinion about the eyeshadows from this brand. It is my first foray into Stila as a brand and on one hand I am quite impressed (eye shadows are buttery, not too shimmery and decently pigmented) and on the other a bit disappointed - these eyeshadows do not work well with my Nars Smoodge proof eyeshadow base (which so far worked fine with MAC, Guerlain, Inglot and L'Oreal e/s) and my MAC eye brushes. Surprisingly these work well applied with small Shu Uemura sponge applicators (which might be because of the eyeshadows being cream-to-powder formula) or fingers. Brushes seem to simply wipe off the colour leaving the eyeshadow as a patchy layer on my lids. However, when applied these hold on for the whole day, w/o fading or creasing (though I would need to try them on sans Nars base) with a minute drop off of darker colours during application. Although the packaging is really beautiful I am a bit worried about the eyeshadows drying out (I stuck a transparent plastic sheet separator with a bit of a sticky tape to keep them protected) so it is not ideal. It is also not very travel friendly imho. I am just wondering if these would fit into a MAC palette? BTW - The palette contains also a smudge proof waterproof eyeliner which I need to mention here - I use an eyeliner (Laura Mercier, Mac or Bobbi Brown) to tight line my upper eyelid as a finishing touch of my eyemakeup before applying mascara. This one was a bit of a failure in my books - it smeared all over my contact lenses within minutes from application! I had to take them out twice to wipe them off (luckily it did not set!) to get rid of blurriness. What a nuisance!

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I find that the Stila line is typically hit or miss, but the quality of their shadows are great. They are pigmented, soft, and work with any brush. I will repurchase.

About reviewer (886 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

8 years ago

My favorite eyeshadow. They make wonderful colors in a super-blendable formula. I think they make the perfect shimmers: not too glittery or sparkly, just luminescent. The colors look true to their pan form and don't crease easily. The team that makes these has a unrivaled eye for wearable, beautiful colors. The classic Kitten is a favorite, and the discontinued Viola. The packaging has changed over the years, some have been better than others. It currently comes in a plastic clamshell, which is fine. Love to get these in the sets Stila comes out with. A great value.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

8 years ago

I have just got into Stila eyeshadows, & am blown away with the quality,colors, and finish of these shadows. These apply like butter! they have dreamy velvet texture. They are never uneven in application like getting patchy spots on some areas/ skin showing through). Excellent pigmentation one swipe & I get sufficient color (not like I keep rubbing my fingers over & over again to get any glimpse of color). Limited colors vs Mac but alot of them are worth picking up. Gorgeous single eyeshadows, the trio's are a little expensive but they are beautiful!, Jewel eyeshadow: Explode with shimmer like a billion stars! I just tried black diamond next I will try some others shades (I did not see any chunks of glitter though). Some favorites: Kitten, Golightly(like this alot), Diamond lil (excellent by itself or for smokey eyes my favorite), Cloud (great! shimmering silver/taupe/grey) Grace (shimmering nude), Starlight (shimmering champagne), Sun (gold/peach), Wheat (beige light brown),Sparkle (golden bronze), La douce (metallice olive green).. Trio that I liked alot! - Ethereal, Champagne Glow, Bronze Glow

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

EyesBlack

8 years ago

Stila eyeshadow (specifically the espresso shade) is my new favourite! I got it from ebeauty.ca for around $25, which is a fair amount more than my usual brand but I love the colour and it had lasted quite awhile. A little bit really does go a long way, and it blends really easily. The espresso shade is perfect for a neutral look that's just a tad dramatic. Love!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have one of the older shadows from when you had to buy the little pot separately to put it in and that packaging is absolutely horrible for travelling because they always open and I end up with divits in my shadow and shadow smeared across all of my other make up. That being said, even when they don't open in your makeup bag, there are still piles and piles of fallout which is really annoying but the colors are gorgeous and a little product goes a long way so I'll deal with a little fallout in exchange for great shadows. I don't know how well the new packaging stays closed but I will say that from what I have seen just from checking them out online and in stores (I don't really need any new shadows at the moment) the packaging is rather plane and somewhat ugly in my opinion so that is something to consider.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool