L'Oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense Masque

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense Masque
Enter Title

4.2

This is THE best. hair. treatment. ever. Well out of all the ones i've tried, but i seriously don't want to try any others because this one is so amazing and we are in love.

It does exactly what it says on the tub: Smoothes, reduces frizz, stops that awful enemy humidity from wreaking havoc. Etc etc. I've been using it once a week for nearly three years and it still delivers the goods.

My hair is fairly long, coarse (mainly due to my hair straightening addiction), has a lot of flyaways and is naturally wavy. This treatment makes it look 102003294304 times better, especially when i straighten it. It makes it shinier. It makes it smell nice. It makes it more manageable. It makes it feel light and soft. It makes people ask 'How do you get your hair to look so healthy and straight?'. (Ok so only one person has asked me that but that's still good right?).

It's affordable, the tub is huge and a little goes a long way. They've reformulated it recently so it's a bit thicker than it used to be which i definitely prefer.

Just buy it.

I only use this hair masque in the summer, especially during the hot humid days, it really does tame down my frizziness.

WONDERFUL.
Worked great for my dry, damaged hair.
Will definitly buy again.

on 4/18/2008 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really surprised by this product. I have very long, thick, coarse hair. Trying to find a product that is moisturising enough and that smooths down my hair into something controllable, without turning it into a greasy mess after a couple of uses has been a very difficult task. But I’ve finally found it!

I can actually wash my hair with this and not have to blow dry it straight immediately – I can go to bed with it still wet and not wake up looking like a lion with a crazy mane! It makes my hair smooth and shiny and feel really lightweight and bouncy. It even keeps my dandruff at bay. I only wash my hair once a week, so I use this like a normal conditioner after shampooing and leave it in for 3 mins or so. The consistency is quite runny, which worried me at first but is clearly not an issue. I like the cute tub it comes in – easy to get the last drops out. The price is ridiculously cheap. My HG conditioner. Definitely recommend!

Before I tried this I was using the L’Oreal Professional Absolute Repair – in my opinion this product is far superior for a quarter of the price!

on 3/14/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product did what it was supposed to do. Deep conditioned and helped my hair on the route to being straighter. What it ALSO did was make me break out horribly around my hairline. My skin is more important than me using this product, I'll be shopping around for a new deep conditioner that doesnt do this.

on 5/8/2007 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, seriously, I could go on for hours about how amazing this product is. I had the worst hair you could possibly imagine for about a year, whenever I washed my hair it became dry as Nevada in the summer. I used every product I could find to make it not dry. I was on a rampage. I didn't even care what the product did as long as it didn't make my damn hair dry!! I used EVERYTHING, even Redken didn't work. I was at a total loss. Then I saw this onsale in a Clearance bin for 1$ (CAN) and I wasn't even going to buy it because I was so hopeless. But I figured whatever might as well try it. This SAVED my hair. Immediately made it shiney and smooth and perfect! I didn't even use it with any other L'Oreal products.. but it totally saved my hair. Ever since then my hair has been lovely! THANK YOU L'OREAL!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smoothens, make my hair so neat, silky smooth, and straight. Nicely fragranced just like the rest of Smooth Intense line but it doesn't stays on my hair. My hair is actually already straight but I always like a boost and I use this once or twice a week, alternating with my other masks or hairspa. I've once straightened by hair chemically using L'Oreal Professionnel smoothing service (with XTenso product), and the ends of my hair are frizzy, and this mask does nothing to smooth them, that's the con of this product. Price tag is a bit high to me (it's not as cheap as in the US :(), but this is the cheapest hairmask that works for me, Kerastase and L'Oreal Professionnel costs much more.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love, love, love this deep conditioner/anti-frizz masque! This is the BEST deep conditioner I have ever tried. Aside from it being in a tub, I would still give it 25 lippies if they would let me! It's so rich and creamy, it really moisturizes and smooths my long, naturally wavy/curly hair. Ultra moisturizing and it smells GREAT. It leaves my hair very soft, tangle free and really smooths my hair as it dries. I love it! My very favorite treatment conditioner!!! I very highly recommend this one.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Well i was lucky, got a 2 for $5 on Vive products at brooks. This masque was pretty good. Not the best I have used! But i'm sure my hair will improve the more I use the masque ( it is pretty damaged from straighteneing so i will use this masque every time i wash my ahir). And predy birdy..you could wash your face after you rinse the hair masque out in the shower. That's what i'm doing because I also am acne prone! So I rinse the masque out...then shower gel my shoulders and cleanse my face. That way I have no residue on my skin!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product makes my hair very soft, however it has caused me to break out all over my forehead! It worked so well, and I wish I could use it but I can't.

The packaging is very annoying; you have to scoop it out with your hands. The price is very cheap, though.