3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I suspect these pads have started to cause me to have cystic acne around my chin. I've been using them for 3 months and found that my 36 year old acne prone combination skin is defintely smoother however i've experienced the worst cysts that i've had since my teens. I'd started using these pads as part of a new skincare regime to wean me off Proactiv after having used it for a year. So of course I can't say for sure that the PTR pads are to blame. At worst, they are causing the cysts. At best; they are doing nothing to prevent them. They seem overpriced - $49AUD - for what they are; essentially they are alcohol-soaked and peach scented textured discs. I cut mine in half for maximum use; you don't need the whole disc for your face as they are very wet. While inhaling the faux-peach alcohol scent you think they should work....but they have not with me. I have about 3 left in my tub and am trying out the Medibac acne kit by Dermalogica next.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

3.0

8 years ago

I've been using these pads once a day for about a month. I've noticed very slight results. My main reason why I bought them was that I was looking for something that would make my skin nice and glowy and even out my complexion for the winter months. My skin is pretty clear to begin with but my pores get clogged VERY easily & occasionally I will break out. I was hoping it would clear my pores out as well. I've noticed that It has made my face a little brighter and has kept my pores clean. The downside is that I have extremely oily skin and I noticed that the pads are VERY saturated. Too much of the solution on my face left it sticky and a tacky film. It would leave my skin to become oily very quick after I had applied my foundation. I cut the pads to make them last longer because this is very pricey..i believe about 36$'s!! I will continue to use them but I may not repurchase.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I use this with Peter Thomas Roth's Acne Treatment Kit and they are absolutely perfect together with the cleanser. I alternate this with the AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel. These pads have a nice scent and they really brighten my skin. My dark circles are getting lighter and my scars are really going away. It doesn't dry out my skin or leave it too oily. If you do buy this product make sure to CUT PADS IN HALF to get more out of your product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Just bought my second container of these. Don't understand all of the not so positive reviews...but nonetheless, these pads have definitely made a difference in my skin in a very subtle way. Past acne scars have faded, my skin feels softer and the texture has definitely improved. I also break out much less than normal since I've started using these. Of course you can't rely on one specific product to do all the work, so I've found a great cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer that work great with these. I've gotten tons of compliments on my skin and it's been surprising since I didn't realize how glowy and even my skins been until people started pointing it out! I think with long term use these pads will eventually become a staple part in my skincare routine. A tip with these is since they are so saturated with liquid, is to squeeze them out in the container before each use and then dip a regular cotton round into the excess liquid when you are done with them so that you use up all of the product.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I don't know what to say about this.....feeling no gd after using. Felt sticky after wiping over the face.... Nothing much to my face...except felt smoother....skin do look dry after using. Not gonna buy again, still thinking what i can do to those leftovers at home???

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

I've only been using this for about week but already I can tell the differences. At first my skin wasn't accepting it but now it seems to love it! Before I bought the pads, I got a moisturizing lotion for dry skin because many people had cautioned against the pads drying out skin. But I find the opposite to be true! These pads are super conditioning and moisturizing and have a great scent. I might even consider switching to the 'max' version since my skin loves these! They're also a great cheaper alternative to the Alpha Beta peels by MD Skincare, which is why I bought them in the first place :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark

11 years ago

No good....These pads have A LOT of alcohol in them, which every one knows strips the skin. They work, at first, because with the alcohol they dry up every inch of oil and dry up break outs but they don't fade acne spots.....and eventually you will have very dry skin. To me this is comparable to an oxy clean pad that you wipe over your face. It would do the same thing as this for a lot less money. I threw the rest of my sample out after reading they have so much alcohol in them and after I noticed they weren't doing much.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

Love this product. My skin is acne prone and my pores a pretty large, but after using these pads I saw a huge difference in my pores and blackheads. I do not use them every day. I rotate b/c they can be drying due to the level of acids, but I did notice a huge difference after two weeks of using the pads.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

11 years ago

It is too pricey for something that needs to be applied daily and has short term results.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

from

12 years ago

I have been using this product daily for about 3 weeks now and so far I am pleased with the results. My skin is usually pretty clear and blemish free, but I do get the monthly break out. These seem to have helped to reduce that. I'm not sure my skin looks any brighter, but it feels cleaner after I use the pads.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35