Blistex Silk & Shine

Blistex Silk & Shine

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (2. 0% Skin Protectant), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (7. 5% Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2. 5% Sunscreen). -------------- Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylparaben, Corn Oil, Flavor, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isobutylparaben, Isostearoyl Hydrolized Silk, Methylparaben, Mica, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Ozokerite, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Propylparaben, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Retinyl Palmitate, Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 6/8/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

How did I "just find this"!!! I was a huge burts fan and used carmex when desparate. This is SO MUCH LIGHTER than carmax and feels amazing on my lips while still providing moisture and making my lips feel amazing and supple. A little more expensive than other lip treatments but well worth the price!

on 12/19/2015 8:47:00 PM

One of my favorite lip balms of all time! I find this lasts much longer than the soft lips brand which is my other go to lip balm. I have no real reason for loving these other than to say it's the scent and the way it feels on my lips that has me remaining faithful to these two brands.

To Read all 259 Reviews, Login or Join

This lip balm is ok. It doesn't moisturize well and it has a thinner consistency. The moisture it does give only lasts for about 20 minutes.

The packaging is a standard gray tube. Nothing special but it's functional which is what matters most to me.

It does provide some shine, like it is advertised to, so that's a plus.

The best thing about this lip balm is the scent. It smells so unique like lemonade and fabric softener haha. It doesn't sound pleasant, but I love it.

Overall, this lip balm isn't worth it. It doesn't moisturize, and that is the number one thing I look for in a lip balm. Go for a different product.

This used to be my favorite lip balm. I would alternate between this one and the Deep Renewal. Recently, bought a new tube tried it then realized it was a new formula. This had sparkles in it! I don't want sparkles in my lip balm. I wanted a shiny, moisturized look with that lemon water scent I love. I contacted Blistex and confirmed they did change the formula. However they got back to me and offered to send me a newer product Ultra Rich Hydration along with my backup favorite Deep Renewal. They also want me to send back the silk & shine since it irritates my lips now. I am not sure if they will bring the old formula back but if they did I would get it. But for now stay away from this stuff.

on 7/12/2014 3:37:00 PM

My lips are just horrible and chap daily, even with my LUSH bubblegum lip exfoliator that I use every 12 hours. The only lip balms that have ever worked for me have been Blistex. I was using the last balm of my Blistex Fruit Smoothies trio and went out to CVS to buy more, but they only had this! I was curious and in need of a new balm, so I bought it. I'm so glad I did! This balm smells like cherry/tropical punch and is white/clear in color with shiny mica minerals. It is so moisturizing on the lips, and lasts for 2-4 hours on me. Having the SPF 15 is fantastic because I live somewhere very sunny and hot! I would buy this again, no problem! I think the only thing I would change is the price. At my CVS, it was $4.94, which is quite a bit for a Blistex Balm, but I'll go to Walmart next time. Great buy!

UPDATE:

I've been using this balm for 2 weeks and I'm obsessed with it! It smells so delicious and keeps my lips so moisturized. My dry, chapped lips are gone and replaced by smooth, supple lips! And the little bit of shine in this balm makes them look gorgeous! I will definitely

on 8/6/2013 2:42:00 AM

I love this lip balm! Whenever i wear it or just open the tube, I get compliments on how nice it smells, thats a big plus! Its a nice fruity sweet scent. Its got spf 15 which is perfect for daytime use. I keep it in my purse. Its very light, nothing heavy or greasy, but it does the job of softening my lips and leaving a nice gloss finish. If you like thick and sticky balms or glosses, this isnt for you. The packaging is pretty good, but I wish it was more like a standard chapstick dispenser, this is close, but it could maybe break off more easily.

on 7/29/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I bought this off of clearance at Target for $2. This is seriously the best blistex product ever. It goes on smoothly. Its better than the nivea stuff. It gives a light shine but it does moisturize your lips pretty well. Its my new favorite !

on 7/15/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this product again. It didn't make my lips less dry it was just a thin layer on top of my lips. It made my lips a lot more dry. Although it did actually give a shine to my lips I wouldn't want to buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this product. Almost everyone I know uses Silk & Shine. I purchased it, and absolutely hated it. I don't like the way my lips feel (sticky and waxy) and I find it actually quite drying. My lips were even more dry AFTER applying. The taste is horrible. However, it is shiny and the packaging is good. I prefer the original Blistex over this. Will not be repurchasing.

on 2/25/2013 5:45:00 PM

I loved it! I bought it yesterday from walmart for buy one get one free for 98 cents! I was excited to try it because I mostly use chapstick and nothing else, and it has a smooth and silk texture! I keep using it and I will definetly use it again!

Popular Lip Treatments