Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

4.1

on 4/14/2009 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Well, it doesn't work on my skin, which is a shame, because I love the idea of these notes. It goes on as sharp green tea and bitter citrus, then begins dry down into a peppery, faintly floral scent that ends up ultimately as leather and bergamot men's cologne. It smells very much like English Leather on my skin at the end. It's not a bad scent and will work for some ladies, as the sense of an expensive leather purse with metal fittings could be imagined out of the scent-imagery, but the English Leather idea stuck with me and I kept wondering if I was supposed to smell like I was wearing men's cologne or not. Definitely Unisex in that fashion, but it's going to end up too masculine on some. I am unfortunately one of those ladies.

If truth be told, Bulgari's Extreme The Vert is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I remember when it first came out and thinking that **this is elegance**. Its light tea fragrance is beautifully tempered with a tiny hint of leather which makes it truly unisex and appealing to men. The bottle is stylish and has a hefty weight that connotes *expensive*. Last of all, it can often also be found at Marshall's and TJ Maxx at a very nice discount.

I've owned several bottles of Extreme The Vert over the years and adore it but for the fact that it just does not last! Argghh! Yes, even the Extreme version and yes, I have tried layering by simultaneously using the Extreme The Vert shower gel, shampoo, soap, etc... No luck. Extreme The Vert is kind of like one of those boyfriends that you love to pieces but he just doesn't love you back quite as much. Frustrating, to say the least.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood.

on 11/26/2007 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought the green tea refreshing towels. i really love the scent of them, and on a hot day using the towel all over (neck, arms, armpits even) is so nice and truly is refreshing. however, i can't justify the price of these ($25 for 15 towels)! a nice luxury but i can't afford to buy them again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this as much as the Rouge, but it is a very nice crisp, clean scent. It's energizing and refreshing - I keep a small bottle of this at the office and spritz it when I need a lift! It's a subtle skin scent, so it would also be great for the gym or anywhere you'd be afraid of wearing something too strong. I love to wear this when I'm doing yoga. However, I would never pay full retail for it as the staying power isn't good and you must reapply frequently. Today I found a 1.7 oz for $20 at TJMaxx - a great deal. Bvlgari makes a much better tea scent than other perfume houses; some of them smell like bathroom cleaner! You can always rely on Bvlgari to make something soft and elegant.

on 9/15/2006 10:38:00 AM

I'm sorry, but this completely disappeared on me. One hour later - nothing but a memory and I applied a good quantity. Maybe it's just my chemistry? For a green fragrance, my best bet so far has been Chanel 19.

The first time I tried this at Sephora I thought it smelled too masculine but then I found a bottle very cheap at Marshalls and decided to try again. Glad I did. This is a great clean scent, and even though I'm not usually a green tea fan, there's enough citrus to balance it out. Perfect for those days when you're not sure what else to wear, good in almost any situation. Makes me feel fresh and happy, much like 4711 did when I wore than in high school and college, and this feels like an updated version of that classic. Layered with the lotion it lasts for hours on me. Pretty bottle. Not one of my all-time faves, but might become a staple.

This is the EDP version of the original -- and I prefer the original. The Extreme version is too soapy and actually too strong for me. It gives me a headache, to wear myself. (It smells great on other people.)

I love this especially in spring and summer, but it's beautiful any time of the year. It's a cool, cool breeze. It's feminine and light. I prefer the original formula to the Extreme, which is soapy to the point of giving me a headache and actually putting a soapy taste in my mouth.

This scent makes me feel like I'm walking on air.

on 10/13/2004 6:28:00 PM

I would give this a 3.5
I can never decide whether to keep this. I am always tempted to give it away but then in the end I keep it because it's a beautiful green glass bottle to spray a refreshing tea scent in warm weather...
I think I prefer Guerlain Cherry Blossom for a refreshing green tea scent (that's basically what Guerlain Cherry Blossom is...)
The Bulgari I find actually a bit more sweet and cloying.
Personally I cant imagine a man wearing it - it's even a bit too sweet for me.
The Extreme is a bit less sweet however.

on 9/11/2004 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oooohhhhhwwwwoooowwwwww. I cannot believe I have found the most delicious, perfect green tea scent, and in a most unlikely place at that ('twas the toiletry items used at a froufrou hotel DH and I stayed in for one of his sales conferences). I kept calling the front desk asking for more lotion to be sent to my room -- and this time I actually was going through it instead of stockpiling it ;) I cannot comment on the cost, but I'm thinking its not el cheapo, too bad for me. BUT this one time I might save my pennies and splurge. I LOVE this stuff. Finally, a nice tea scent I can find outside of BBW!! I know, I need to get out more often....

Popular Fragrances