Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Filtered by skin type : Other
Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

on 8/24/2008 1:54:00 AM

OK, this has been around forEVER, why haven't I given it a chance before? I have been searching for something light and airy but slightly sweet. I wanted more substance than "shower fresh" and this is perfect. It seems too feminine to be uni-sex, but to each his own I guess. It's fresh, clean, calming and I am in heaven. I bought the Extreme version and it's really a different scent IMO. It's missing that sharp, harsh opener of the regular fragrance, and I think that is what turned me off to this line years ago. The Extreme is soft from the first spray and really clings to my skin. Love it, love it, love it!!

If truth be told, Bulgari's Extreme The Vert is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I remember when it first came out and thinking that **this is elegance**. Its light tea fragrance is beautifully tempered with a tiny hint of leather which makes it truly unisex and appealing to men. The bottle is stylish and has a hefty weight that connotes *expensive*. Last of all, it can often also be found at Marshall's and TJ Maxx at a very nice discount.

I've owned several bottles of Extreme The Vert over the years and adore it but for the fact that it just does not last! Argghh! Yes, even the Extreme version and yes, I have tried layering by simultaneously using the Extreme The Vert shower gel, shampoo, soap, etc... No luck. Extreme The Vert is kind of like one of those boyfriends that you love to pieces but he just doesn't love you back quite as much. Frustrating, to say the least.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood.

I love this for summer! So light and fresh smelling.

on 7/28/2006 1:52:00 PM

I got a great deal on this at Marshall's. I like this scent when I'm going to be outdoors and don't want to smell perfume-y. It's a neat sort of herby smell. I don't drink green tea so it doesn't smell foody to me. I find it to be a very natural-smelling almost unisex fragrance. A little energizing, too.

This is my favourite green tea fragrance. It's very clean and fresh and light. I think you can really smell the "green" in it, if that makes sense. I think it's lovely for spring and summer. My only complaint about Bulgari fragrances is that sometimes they don't last long.

on 4/3/2006 2:30:00 PM

This is tied for my favoriate...(Fresh Sugar Blossom). Fresh, clean,... never bitter or cloying... just perfect for spring and summer. You can't lose wearing this one.

This is the EDP version of the original -- and I prefer the original. The Extreme version is too soapy and actually too strong for me. It gives me a headache, to wear myself. (It smells great on other people.)

I love this especially in spring and summer, but it's beautiful any time of the year. It's a cool, cool breeze. It's feminine and light. I prefer the original formula to the Extreme, which is soapy to the point of giving me a headache and actually putting a soapy taste in my mouth.

This scent makes me feel like I'm walking on air.

on 1/25/2006 9:26:00 PM

I thought I'd like this too, but no. It's mildly pleasant, but smells like a man's cologne to me. I tried to give it to my husband be he wasn't having it either.

Eau
Parfumee at The Verte Extreme by Bulgari is
a very fresh, green, peppery and earthy clean fragrance with heavy
citrus notes and a thick moss and green tea base. It is much more
pure and green with the moss and green tea notes and lacks the warmth
of the non-Extreme version. Some other differences between the two
is that the Extreme version has much stronger citrus and pepper
notes, less of an initial floral focus and bee’s wax notes are
much lighter. It does get more floral as it dries down, but it
blends nicely into the background rather than taking the forefront as
does in the original version. This is surely the more masculine of
the two and for those of you like myself who do not care for mossy
fragrances, don’t worry with this one; The moss note is very
green, pure and not one bit musty, as some moss notes tend to be.
Extreme is one of my favorite green tea fragrances and I highly
recommend it if you’re a fan of tea fragrances.

notes: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Cardamom, Jamaican Pepper,