Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

4.5

on 8/24/2008 1:54:00 AM

OK, this has been around forEVER, why haven't I given it a chance before? I have been searching for something light and airy but slightly sweet. I wanted more substance than "shower fresh" and this is perfect. It seems too feminine to be uni-sex, but to each his own I guess. It's fresh, clean, calming and I am in heaven. I bought the Extreme version and it's really a different scent IMO. It's missing that sharp, harsh opener of the regular fragrance, and I think that is what turned me off to this line years ago. The Extreme is soft from the first spray and really clings to my skin. Love it, love it, love it!!

If truth be told, Bulgari's Extreme The Vert is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I remember when it first came out and thinking that **this is elegance**. Its light tea fragrance is beautifully tempered with a tiny hint of leather which makes it truly unisex and appealing to men. The bottle is stylish and has a hefty weight that connotes *expensive*. Last of all, it can often also be found at Marshall's and TJ Maxx at a very nice discount.

I've owned several bottles of Extreme The Vert over the years and adore it but for the fact that it just does not last! Argghh! Yes, even the Extreme version and yes, I have tried layering by simultaneously using the Extreme The Vert shower gel, shampoo, soap, etc... No luck. Extreme The Vert is kind of like one of those boyfriends that you love to pieces but he just doesn't love you back quite as much. Frustrating, to say the least.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood.

Fresh! Feels like I have just stepped out of the shower. Really yummy fragrance. I love it! Beautiful bottle and packaging. I think I will finish my 30ml bottle pretty fast.

on 7/28/2006 1:52:00 PM

I got a great deal on this at Marshall's. I like this scent when I'm going to be outdoors and don't want to smell perfume-y. It's a neat sort of herby smell. I don't drink green tea so it doesn't smell foody to me. I find it to be a very natural-smelling almost unisex fragrance. A little energizing, too.

on 4/3/2006 2:30:00 PM

This is tied for my favoriate...(Fresh Sugar Blossom). Fresh, clean,... never bitter or cloying... just perfect for spring and summer. You can't lose wearing this one.

This is the EDP version of the original -- and I prefer the original. The Extreme version is too soapy and actually too strong for me. It gives me a headache, to wear myself. (It smells great on other people.)

I love this especially in spring and summer, but it's beautiful any time of the year. It's a cool, cool breeze. It's feminine and light. I prefer the original formula to the Extreme, which is soapy to the point of giving me a headache and actually putting a soapy taste in my mouth.

This scent makes me feel like I'm walking on air.

on 3/19/2005 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a great summertime fragrance. it's a refreshing green tea scent combined with citrus. I like the original version better than the extreme. I remember back when I was in highschool I went to saks and this was my "expensive discovery" at the time I couldn't afford to pay over a hundred dollars for a bottle of cologne. now I'm in my late twenties and I'm surprised I still like this scent a lot. I usually get bored easily but will repurchase this again. Oh and the shower gel is awesome. I was lucky to find a giftset at an awesome price.

on 10/13/2004 6:28:00 PM

I would give this a 3.5
I can never decide whether to keep this. I am always tempted to give it away but then in the end I keep it because it's a beautiful green glass bottle to spray a refreshing tea scent in warm weather...
I think I prefer Guerlain Cherry Blossom for a refreshing green tea scent (that's basically what Guerlain Cherry Blossom is...)
The Bulgari I find actually a bit more sweet and cloying.
Personally I cant imagine a man wearing it - it's even a bit too sweet for me.
The Extreme is a bit less sweet however.

This is my holy grail all time favorite fragrance. I have been wearing this since 1996-7. Truly great stuff. Enoy :)

Popular Fragrances