Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

4.1

on 9/27/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In his book "Perfumes - The Guide," Luca Turin gave this 4 out of 5 stars which prompted me to sample it, then later purchase Bulgari Eau Parfumee "Au The Vert" (green tea).

I must say I've fallen out of love with it since purchasing it about 3 months ago. At first, I enjoyed the bracing, but not overpowering unisex (barely) floral green tea fragrance,one that Turin calls, "a sort of cK One for grownups."

But it began to smell slightly medicinal to me after a while, as if I were spraying a lovely fragrance with a jarring hint of Lysol on myself. For tea-based fragrances, I would instead recommend either "Bergamote" from The Different Company, or "Osmanthe Yunnan" by Hermes. Each is delightful in its own way and grows on you, rather than the opposite effect this fragrance had on me.

on 8/21/2004 5:05:00 PM

I can't believe I'm the only MakeupAlley member who reads Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I read every review on this site waiting for someone to mention that this is Ranger's scent. If you don't have any idea of what I'm talking about, READ THE SERIES! Yes, I know he's just a fictional character! I'm still betting the farm that you, too, will fall hopelessly in love with Ranger and his Bvlgari Green Tea scent and THE ADDICTION WILL BEGIN!
You'll be just like me, snd die a little every time you use this stuff!

I first smelled Au Thé Vert many many years ago from my Mom's perfume collection - she was actually the one who introduced me to Bvlgari fragrances. I remember I loved it then - and now, about 10years later I found two whole 5fl.oz.bottles at such a great discounted price! Now I can enjoy the fresh, citrusy green tea scent that I loved to steal spritzes of from Mom's bottle years ago... And I look forward to wearing it a lot and remembering Mom each time I do. :)

on 4/1/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone back and forth on Bvlgari Green Tea over the years.
Sometimes fresh and classy, other times the coriander and cardamom dominated in an unpleasant way. Right now I'm loving it again, and the drydown has a lovely rose note. Reminds me of being on vacation at a fancy hotel. The translucent light green and silver bottle in the classic Bvlgari design is a personal favorite as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

I'm generally a tightwad (trained as an economist) but occasionally splurge. This fragrance really does it for me, not flowery at all, just uplifting...like a cuppa tea...fresh, not too light, not too heavy, probably unisex, will not offend people in an office, but makes you feel like you have caught an updraft, and you have the wind under your wings. Let the first few astringent notes dissipate, and then a gentle subtle citrus/tea with a hint of spice lingers. Get lots of compliments, people say "I like it, but I can't describe it....what are you wearing?". both men and women like it.

PS went on a perfume website, where this perfume was reviewed and it indicated the spices are bergamot, pepper and coriander (they are VERY subtle, by the way. The florals are rose and orange blossom, and they are also very subtle, like they were wafted on a breeze. Rose scent is reputed to be a relaxant and mood elevator, so maybe that accounts for the effect I was getting.

on 8/24/2008 1:54:00 AM

OK, this has been around forEVER, why haven't I given it a chance before? I have been searching for something light and airy but slightly sweet. I wanted more substance than "shower fresh" and this is perfect. It seems too feminine to be uni-sex, but to each his own I guess. It's fresh, clean, calming and I am in heaven. I bought the Extreme version and it's really a different scent IMO. It's missing that sharp, harsh opener of the regular fragrance, and I think that is what turned me off to this line years ago. The Extreme is soft from the first spray and really clings to my skin. Love it, love it, love it!!

If truth be told, Bulgari's Extreme The Vert is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I remember when it first came out and thinking that **this is elegance**. Its light tea fragrance is beautifully tempered with a tiny hint of leather which makes it truly unisex and appealing to men. The bottle is stylish and has a hefty weight that connotes *expensive*. Last of all, it can often also be found at Marshall's and TJ Maxx at a very nice discount.

I've owned several bottles of Extreme The Vert over the years and adore it but for the fact that it just does not last! Argghh! Yes, even the Extreme version and yes, I have tried layering by simultaneously using the Extreme The Vert shower gel, shampoo, soap, etc... No luck. Extreme The Vert is kind of like one of those boyfriends that you love to pieces but he just doesn't love you back quite as much. Frustrating, to say the least.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood.

on 11/11/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the most elegant, long lasting and wonderful citrus and tea based perfume I have ever tried. It also has one of the most classically beautiful bottles I have ever seen. The extreme tea version is more intense than the regular green tea scent but i like this. Keep in mind it is still light as compared to say oriental/gourmands like TM Angel. It is great for summer and unique enough that people comment how fresh and clean you smell but are curious about it- they cannot quite place the tea scent. It seems to have a bit of complexity to it but is still simple, linear since it has natural refreshing notes. There's citrus, a barely there green, calming soft green tea and a warmth later on from beeswax and hints of warm smoked wood. Very well done. This Bulgari has much less floral rose than Bulgari Pour Femme. Just light, fresh and refined.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this as much as the Rouge, but it is a very nice crisp, clean scent. It's energizing and refreshing - I keep a small bottle of this at the office and spritz it when I need a lift! It's a subtle skin scent, so it would also be great for the gym or anywhere you'd be afraid of wearing something too strong. I love to wear this when I'm doing yoga. However, I would never pay full retail for it as the staying power isn't good and you must reapply frequently. Today I found a 1.7 oz for $20 at TJMaxx - a great deal. Bvlgari makes a much better tea scent than other perfume houses; some of them smell like bathroom cleaner! You can always rely on Bvlgari to make something soft and elegant.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my top 10 HG fragrances ever.
Soft, smoky, sexy, and clean. Green tea, but 100 times better.
Actual Notes:

Italian Bergamot, Tunisian Bitter Orange, Spanish Orange Blossom, Ceylon Cardamom, Jamaican Pepper, Russian Coriander, Bulgarian Rose, Egyptian Jasmine, Green Tea, Smoked Wood.

In my mind, the coriander and smoked wood accord are what truly make this scent a standout among other green tea fragrances.
My husband never fails to comment about how good I smell when I wear this, also. continued >>