Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert (Green Tea)

3.9

on 6/20/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super Expensive but gorgeously packaged. Lightly "green" with almost an amber base. Moderate sillage.

on 2/13/2010 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The original, state-of-the-art green tea scent. Unfortunately, I've smelled this (or, actually, cheap imitations of it) so often that I can't really appreciate it as it deserves. But if you like the classic green tea accord, you owe it to yourself to try this. If you want something close but more definitely feminine, try L'Artisan's The Pour un Ete, which has more jasmine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this juice after the initial dry down. The layers are complex but once it settles, it lasts a long time. I not sure I would have ever tried it had I not gotten luck in a swap! I guess that's what MUA is for! UPDATE - Meh.

on 9/27/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In his book "Perfumes - The Guide," Luca Turin gave this 4 out of 5 stars which prompted me to sample it, then later purchase Bulgari Eau Parfumee "Au The Vert" (green tea).

I must say I've fallen out of love with it since purchasing it about 3 months ago. At first, I enjoyed the bracing, but not overpowering unisex (barely) floral green tea fragrance,one that Turin calls, "a sort of cK One for grownups."

But it began to smell slightly medicinal to me after a while, as if I were spraying a lovely fragrance with a jarring hint of Lysol on myself. For tea-based fragrances, I would instead recommend either "Bergamote" from The Different Company, or "Osmanthe Yunnan" by Hermes. Each is delightful in its own way and grows on you, rather than the opposite effect this fragrance had on me.

on 12/20/2007 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wrote a review on this fragrance before, I love this fragrance so much I bought all the varieties, extreme, spray, a large 20 oz bottle. Of course I could never use them up, and now I find this cologne cannot stand the test of time, the chemistry totally changed, turning rancid. The oldest bottle being 6 years old, & even some were stored inside the medicine cabinet & even one still being in the box does not smell the same any more. So beware.

on 10/12/2006 7:12:00 PM

Updating my review since I first tried Extreme: It has grown on me after several wearings in various seasons. I had several samples from Nordstrom, and now I'm on my last one, which makes me feel a little sad (I'm hoarding my last one) but if I acquired a full bottle it would last forever, as I just don't think I would reach for this very often. The reason is the pepper - it's annoying on the one hand, intriguing on the other. The pepper mellows down upon dry down, and underneath that lies a beautiful tea/jasmine/skin scent that blooms sweetly. But on top remains a slightly crisp, "mannish" quality that I don't love. If I want to wear a light men's cologne I would go for my husband's Eau Sauvage. Extreme is a very nicely composed fragrance, however, as are all of the Bulgari's I've tried. I would like to try the other Bulgari tea scents when I get around to it.

on 9/15/2006 10:38:00 AM

I'm sorry, but this completely disappeared on me. One hour later - nothing but a memory and I applied a good quantity. Maybe it's just my chemistry? For a green fragrance, my best bet so far has been Chanel 19.

on 7/28/2006 1:52:00 PM

I got a great deal on this at Marshall's. I like this scent when I'm going to be outdoors and don't want to smell perfume-y. It's a neat sort of herby smell. I don't drink green tea so it doesn't smell foody to me. I find it to be a very natural-smelling almost unisex fragrance. A little energizing, too.

on 4/3/2006 2:30:00 PM

This is tied for my favoriate...(Fresh Sugar Blossom). Fresh, clean,... never bitter or cloying... just perfect for spring and summer. You can't lose wearing this one.

on 8/21/2004 5:05:00 PM

I can't believe I'm the only MakeupAlley member who reads Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I read every review on this site waiting for someone to mention that this is Ranger's scent. If you don't have any idea of what I'm talking about, READ THE SERIES! Yes, I know he's just a fictional character! I'm still betting the farm that you, too, will fall hopelessly in love with Ranger and his Bvlgari Green Tea scent and THE ADDICTION WILL BEGIN!
You'll be just like me, snd die a little every time you use this stuff!