Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple Shampoo

Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple Shampoo

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, PEG 5 Cocamide, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E Acetate), Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Apple (Pyrus Malus) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I've been using this shampoo for about three months now and I like it even more now than when I first started using it. I like most shampoos for about the first three uses and then my hair seems to rebel and starts with its static, dryness, and flyaways. I started out loving this shampoo but thought it would probably be temporary like all the others I've tried, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Using the shampoo along with its matching conditioner daily, leaves my hair shiny, smooth, and manageable. The smell is great...just like the name says, "Juicy Green Apple." I love the fact that this particular scent comes in the 12 ounce bottles instead of only the huge family size like most of the Suave Essentials. I have trouble handling those huge bottles in the shower. And I can throw these smaller bottles in my shower caddy that I take camping. I love that I don't have to pour them into smaller containers before camping trips.

Overall, for a cheap, easy-to-find drugstore brand of shampoo, this one can't be beat for its performance and scent.

on 7/13/2016 7:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I typically use Suave Clarifying and wanted an alternative so my hair wouldn't get too used to one or the other, thinking this would be a choice that wouldn't make me oily, just clean.

This dried out my hair immediately and today my scalp is itchy and my flair is flat. I have a pretty oily scalp so that takes some doing.

The smell is plastic-y and gross, like the scent of apples in cheap drugstore "sour apple"-flavored candy, so I wouldn't buy for fragrance either.

on 6/29/2015 10:45:00 PM

This and the clarifying one are my besties.
I wish they came in HUGE bottles but I'm fine with what I get.
So what do I get? Clean hair, clear scalp, decent lather, pleasant fragrance(s) and at a shamefully dirt cheap cost. The apple isn't sold at every store but it's still easy to find. Perfect with the apple detangler and any Garnier leave-in since that line is based on citrus scents.
This is a keeper for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought it when i was in nyc for vacation last christmas.i got the family size and chose the apple scent which is my fav scent.it was very cheap and smelling good so i didn't hesitate to buy and try.i am glad that i've bought the family size cuz i love this shampoo so much and i took it to my home.it smells like fresh cut apples, so refreshing and makes me really happy.for my oily hair it worked great.it cleans the hair deeply in a squeaky way.left my hair shiny and control my scalp to getting greasy quickly.my hair felt so light and clean longer and left my hair sooo shiny like ice shine not like silicone based product shine.for oily hair it works most ,but for the other hair types it can be clarifying shampoo as well.scent could be more strong i'd prefer it would linger on my hair longer but thats ok.now my bottle has finished completely and it's hard to find suave shampoos in europe.if it would be sell in europe i would def buy over and over again and try all the other scents.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great, clarifying shampoo, especially considering the price! It smells yummy, creates a nice lather, and leaves my hair feeling soft and clean. It's great for product buildup or greasy hair. I find it to be gentle enough to not dry out my hair, though I always use a conditioner with it. Also, I try to wash every other day but sometimes use it everyday. Definitely a great, inexpensive shampoo that works!

Great price, cleans well, doesn't leave gunk behind, and can be used as a body wash. Much better cleanser than the Waterfall version, which I can use to shave my legs. This goes well with the apple detangler. My hair is clean, fluffy and clarified afterward. I recommend for daily use or to clear your scalp of styling junk.
I think every Suave Natural is different and this one seems to suit my hair nicely. I have dark, shoulder-length, wavy hair that I like to stay cleaner longer. I get that result with this shampoo.
EDIT: The more I use this, the better my hair feels. I combine it with Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo and the result is just great. Clean, light, abundant waves that the stylist just told me looks thicker than usual. I didn't tell her I've been using Suave. I'd get a lecture. :)

on 7/30/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So my old shampoo was giving me some hair loss and then I tried this I thought its so simple and says natural so I thought it would lightly wash my hair and even my aunt said its so delicate and just runs through your hair gently cleans it but it actually made my hair loss worse which was shocking I never had such a problem before with any shampoo and my hair doesn't even feel clean afterwards so I'm quite disappointed

on 5/6/2014 1:06:00 PM

This shampoo really doesn't do anything amazing for my hair but I LOVE the way it smells. I would always feel happy when my mom bought me the bright green bottle at the grocery store when I was a kid.
It isn't AS drying as some other of the sauve shampoos, but it still doesn't do any magic tricks for my long hair. I still buy a bottle, like once every 2 years, just to enjoy the smell.
Very ultra basic shampoo, very average overall.

on 3/26/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My son has been using this for years... at least 4 years that I can recall. He loves this shampoo and has insisted on using it this whole time. At 99 cents, I didn't argue much, though I don't like using cheap stuff on my own hair and I would have rather bought him something else.

A few days ago, we ran out of it, and I didn't buy more. He didn't say anything this time, and he started using another shampoo labeled "silicone free" that was in the shower. Amazingly, his ACNE is COMPLETELY gone after making this switch! This is acne that benzoyl peroxide of every brand and type didn't touch.

I am suddenly reviewing the ingredients of this shampoo and the silicone free shampoo to see what's different. I haven't seen my son without severe acne for a few years, and I'm shocked to see that it could have been ingredients in shampoo.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo is very stripping & harsh. My hair looks & feels bad everytime Ive tried it, which has been 10+. Besides, the apple scent doesn't stay in your hair. I will not ever use it again.