Payot Tonique Purifiant

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

aqua, propylene glycol, glycerin, ppg-1-peg-9 lauryl glycol ether, salicylic acid, coffea araabica extract, rosa canina fruit extract, maris limus (sea silt extract), ostrea (oyster shell extract), tocopheryl acetate, benzophenon-4, tromethamine, disodium edta, parfum, phenoxyethanol, sodium methylparaben, cl 19140 (yellow 5) kl 4, cl 42090 (blue 1) ao 1, butylphenyl methylpropional, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl salicylate, citrinellol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexenecarboxaldexyde, limonen, linalool

on 9/10/2012 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

oh gosh, this is AMAZING! i was searching for a great ('cause i don't settle on good) non-alcohol toner for years. literally. my skin has always responded well to products with salicylic acid, it's the only thing that really tightens my pores (well, except for OCM, but i'm too lazy to mess with oils three or two times a week). but all products with SC have alcohol in them, so i was really excited when i found Payot.
i've been using this toner for four weeks now and i'm really impressed. even though i'm on BP gel for almost 10 months, i still get some annyoing cloggs, mostly on my nose and chin.
this stuff is incredible. some of my pesky clogged pores have cleared up, some of them are noticeably smaller..and still clearing up. my skin also appears much more smooth, even toned and pretty, yay!
i took off one lippie because the toner is a bit drying. i can only use it once a day. maybe it's because i use BP treatment on daily basis and these two guys together are just too much for my skin. i guess for people with extra oily skin it'll be ok.
and - i seriously hate its scent.

After being dedicated to this site for many months now and spending a fortune on expensive cosmetics, I'm now going to try home-remedies (which have so far proved outstanding). However, this is a review for Tonique Purifant, which I have been using for a few years now. I have to say, it removes makeup residue (sadly left by my inadequate face cleanser) and it also removes general grime from the day if I've not worn makeup. It is refreshing, not irritaing, pleasant smelling and I will perhaps repurchase after I have tried the supposedly fantasic Apple Cider Vinegar (very smelly) toner, which is much cheaper and said to give fantastic results.
If it doesn't work, I will definitely come back to this...