Chantecaille Future Skin

Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying them all, this really became my "HG" foundation. I wear the shade "cream," which is a perfect match to my light olive skin (I also self tan a bit to give myself some color too). I find that this shade blends SO well, and I can wear it year round too. I see why they use this on celebrities (in movies, TV, award shows, etc). Nothing compares to how perfect this foundation makes your skin look. The trick is knowing how to apply it. I dot it on my face, then blend with a foundation brush. It gives your skin the PERFECT glow, while covering a lot. Now this isn't full-FULL coverage, and you still need a concealer for dark circles, blemishes, etc. But it's amazing in the sense that you can really layer this on when you're having a bad skin day and it doesn't LOOK like you're wearing a face full of heavy makeup! Yes, the price is really bad. But as much as some complain about how "unsanitary" the jar packaging is, they fail to see that AT LEAST you can get out EVERY DROP of product!!!! And when you're spending $80 a jar (or more with tax!), that matters. But BECAUSE of the price, this can only ever be my "special occasion" foundation. If you can afford to wear this foundation every day, you are very lucky (and very rich)!!! So on a daily basis, I stick to Physician's Formula mineral cushion foundation (along with their Instaready concealer) instead. But when I know I'm going to be in pictures or in front of the camera (sometimes I'm on TV with my work), nothing else compares to this foundation. I also love the fact that it doesn't have perfume in it and the ingredients are all natural, vegan, and good for you! This foundation is worth every penny because of this. Not only do you LOOK good, but your skin actually IMPROVES when you take it off at the end of the day. How many foundations have this effect?! I can remember using Armani's luminous silk foundation thinking I had "bad skin." Nope! Turns out, it was just bad foundation! So I cannot recommend this product enough!! They have an excellent shade range too.

After following a skin care routine given to me by a dermal therapist for my mild acne, I was advised to change my makeup. I currently use and have been using Estee Lauder double wear and it is my HG foundation.
Now, I have managed to clear my skin of any active pimples, however I am still plagued by some redness and scarring. For day time wear I can conceal this with a bit of concealer (L'oreal true match) and BB cream (Maybelline dream pure BB), and if I'm looking for a bit more coverage I'll set with either Australis fresh and flawless powder or Bareminerals matte powder foundation. Or alternatively, if I'm looking for full coverage, one coat of Estee Lauder double wear is more than enough for me.
i LOVE EL doublewear, but much to my dismay my therapist told me that it was quite congesting, so I reluctantly went to Mecca for advice on an alternative product. I told the girl working that I wanted something medium to full coverage that wouldn't break me out. She suggested this product, so I got a sample.

I first applied my bareminerals BB primer cream in the shade light. I then went in with my morphe Y6 flat buffer brush with a decent amount of product. FIRST IMPRESSION: Extremely disappointed with the coverage. Did nothing to hide my scarring; I could still see everything. So I went in with a second layer hoping it would be buildable, but this was not the case. I had to set it quite heavily with my bareminerals powder before I was satisfied enough to go to work with it on.

The reason I'm giving this product 3 stars instead of 2 is because the actual foundation is absolutely beautiful if you want a sheer coverage. The color was perfect,I have light skin with a slight yellow undertone. It gave a really nice dewy finish which was nice change from the matte finish I got from EL doublewear. After 6 hours it was still in place, it didn't break me out, and it remained flawless throughout my shift.

For the price, I would definitely go for something else. The fact that you would need to use so much product to get a slight coverage is definitely not value for money in my eyes.

For someone with dry/normal clear skin, I couldn't recommend this product enough if you are willing to pay the price. For someone who wants more coverage on the other hand; this probably won't satisfy your needs. Glad I got a sample instead of paying the money for it!

on 6/22/2017 12:21:00 PM

Gorgeous. I LOVE it. But it causes me to break out in places on my face that I've never broken out before - large white pimples in crazy places on my face. It really is gorgeous though. Try it out - but save your receipt in case you have the same problem and need to return it.

on 5/4/2017 3:13:00 PM

packaging is horrible -i feel like my entire jar oxidized in a month. its all now suddenly way too orange - and I know I've never been that shade!

the texture is nice - the wear is nice. but the jar package ruined my entire product so its all pointless. What a waste of A LOT of money.

skip it. garbage.

on 1/14/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wish I didn't like this foundation so much but I keep going back to it. It's so expensive but it's the only really natural foundation that always looks good.,I've very dehydrated skin, even though I've a great skincare regime I always look dry with other foundations. This is so good on dry skin, undetectable and a classy finish. I love it! Coverage is slowly build-able

on 7/13/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The product itself is good but it is not worth the exorbitant price. The packaging is cheap plastic and it doesn't even have a pump; milani's foundation is $11 and has a pump! the coverage is medium and the finish is dewy but there are other foundations half the price that do the same thing; if you use a high coverage concealer with a B.B. Cream, this will also produce the same effect. This doesn't even have spf in it and if you have bumpy skin, it accentuates the bumps. The lasting power is average at best.

on 6/1/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this in #Ivory..
I don't have heavy pink undertone.. I'm neutral with slight pinker undertone...
Also, I'm combination skin.
I matched this shade at the counter and it fit PERFECTLY, so I bought it of course.
The product is with a very lovely texture.
When it's summer, it turns to ORANGE SKIN after 2-3 hours!!!! (under sunlight!!)
OMG!!!! I hate it and never use it again. I've never seen this before as my skin isn't that oily.
I think this would be nice for dry skin though.
Be AWARE if you are oily skin.

on 7/7/2016 5:00:00 AM

This formula competes with the best of the best high end, luxury lines - Chanel, Dior, Surratt, By Terry, Aucoin - but without the step of a primer, luminizer or other additional layer of product. Initially skeptical, I thought of Chantecaille as great marketing and nice ingredients. The sales associate at Neimans told me it is their best selling foundation and the one she most frequently recommends her clients try. Now, if it was packaged as a refillable, brush on product like some I mentioned earlier, it would be perfect.

on 11/14/2016 8:17:00 AM

Cons: Average foundation. Packaging is very unhygienic and cheap. The RTP is insane. ..... also not a lot of colour either.
Pros: Not tested on animal. No SPF

My skin can get quite oily so I gave this a try. The vanilla shade is great in my opinion and I like the look and feel of it. The coverage is light but goes on smoothly. I recommend giving this a try.